What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

chris98251

Reaction score
What would it take? 31 other teams to have their QB go down, Wilson could lead the league in yards and touchdowns and win the Super Bowl and would not win it. Just as John will never get Executive nor Pete Coach or the year. The writers hate us or discount us and that's where a lot of the push comes from. Voting by peers all three would have a legitimate shot at something.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xbwza1l said:
I'll believe it when I see it. Not gonna' let myself assume anything. JS not winning exec of the year once is next level stupid. Let alone Pete not getting COY once. But hey, Arians Nation got it twice :roll:

You're assuming he will lose...

We've seen a Seahawk win MvP.. it's not unprecedented.

John63

Reaction score
we will see, the interesting part is going to be, the voters will get a list of facts and stats. This will include defensive ranking of teams played, of their own team, offensive rankings, etc. They will have a clear picture. If both go as expected, the stats will be Passing Wilson, Running Jackson, combined close. Then the other facts better defense Jackson, Better Oline Jackson, Better run game Jackson, tougher schedule Wilson, the combakc wins Wilson. Then they will need to decide if the excitement of Jackson counters the consistency, and lack of support of Wilson. Now if Jackson does set the new record for rushing by a QB that could change things, but if Wilson throws at least 1 td in every game that would also be a record.

We will see. All that aside I am guessing one or both will have at least 1 more less then stellar game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's just my opinion. He certainly deserves it and I hope he does. But we've been down this road before. He's my favorite player in the league, needless to say I'll be plenty pissed if he doesn't win it. I just see so much hype on the flavor of the week out in Baltimore, I'm starting to think he's going to win it instead of Russ. Not assuming anything, just guessing. And NO, I do NOT think the league is against the Hawks :roll:

Torc

Reaction score
My own opinion is that time in the league should mean something. There are probably two or three solid contenders every year; a player who is consistently in the discussion should get a little more consideration in a tight race. Certainly that shouldn't decide it if a player is head and shoulders above the competition, but it should be sort of a tie breaker.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't imagine any player who is more VALUABLE to his team than Russ. That's not a homer opinion, that's just reality. If you're gonna' call it Most Valuable Player, it should be just that.

rcaido

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30ab6gec said:
I can't imagine any player who is more VALUABLE to his team than Russ. That's not a homer opinion, that's just reality. If you're gonna' call it Most Valuable Player, it should be just that.

Exactly, they can give the Offensive Player of the Year to Lamar or Mccaffrey. MVP should be Wilson.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or Lamar can have MVP of the league and Russ can have MVP of the Super Bowl.....in a victory over the Ravens :lol:

Torc

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2598lfd9 said:
Aaaaaand this morning I heard Rich Eisen floating the idea of Dak for MVP.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

An MVP for a team whose coach is likely to be fired? Doesn't sound likely.

John63

Reaction score
Torc":215dyou6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":215dyou6 said:
Aaaaaand this morning I heard Rich Eisen floating the idea of Dak for MVP.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

An MVP for a team whose coach is likely to be fired? Doesn't sound likely.

Not to mention he just had an awful game

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I don't know how you can watch Sunday's game, and tonight's game, and legitimately claim that Wilson should be MVP.

Jackson is simply at another level. Not a sustainable one, but his speed, read, and precision are on another level.

I truly hate how this league has become about meaningless stats, but Jackson is phenomenal.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2199wsue said:
I don't know how you can watch Sunday's game, and tonight's game, and legitimately claim that Wilson should be MVP.

Jackson is simply at another level. Not a sustainable one, but his speed, read, and precision are on another level.

I truly hate how this league has become about meaningless stats, but Jackson is phenomenal.
At this point he's definitely leading imo. But there are 5 games to play and Russ has 2 prime time games plus possibly a flex to Sunday night week 17. Jackson's leading but it ain't over yet.
More importantly, just win Russ. Accolades are nice, but rings matter much, much more.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Lamar is #1 right now. Russ is #2 since his last two games were sub par. Id rather win SB then mvp.

rcaido

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":11fvf5f1 said:
Lamar is #1 right now. Russ is #2 since his last two games were sub par. Id rather win SB then mvp.

why not both

Knuck Chox

Reaction score
Gotta agree. I super-duper hope RW plays well enough to earn the award, but Jackson is just killing it in all phases. These are the two finalists IMO, but after this week, LJ has to be the front runner, and deservedly so.

endzorn

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson is mvp. Any other argument is wishful thinking for Wilson. Jackson makes every single play a total mind-£€¥[ to defend.