What's the "Most Wrong" you've been as a Seahawks fan?

Hawknight

Reaction score
Thinking that Jerramy Stevens was going to be the next Steve Largent. Believed the hype so much, bidded on a autographed Jerramy Stevens autographed rookie card and Seahawks cap anticipating his greatest to come....SIGH ..I was young and nieve what can I say lol

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm STILL convinced we should have won 4 or 6 games in 1992. The only thing that stopped us were fluke plays in fluke places. Yeah, that's probably what I was (am) most wrong about...

Somos doces

Reaction score
Probably when I was absolutely sure they were about to score the go-ahead TD against New England in the Super Bowl. Standing inches from the TV, breathing shallowly, full-mouth smiling in anticipation, and then ... I was wrong.

rcaido

Reaction score
Resigning Tyler Lockett for 30million.

There is no way they will ever trade Russell Wilson. Russ will be a seahawk for life.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start with this:

- I literally threw a chair across the room when we drafted Marcus Trufant ahead of Jimmy Kennedy.

- At one point, I wanted Holmgren fired and replaced with Romeo Crennel.

- I was PISSED when we took Lofa with the 45th pick.

- I referred to Terreal Bierria as "Rodney Harrison with range".

- The morning of the 2005 draft, I told a friend "I would be so happy if we could get out of the first two rounds with Kelly Jennings and Darryl Tapp". Figures the one time they actually listened to me.

- In the 2010 draft, where we had the 6th and 14th picks (we took Russell Okung and Earl Thomas), I was vocal that we should have been targeting Dez Bryant and Jimmy Clausen with those picks.

- I thought the Charlie Whitehurst trade was brilliant and was upset that we started Hass ahead of him in the Beastquake game.

- The #1 guy I wanted going into the 2018 draft was Malik McDowell. Ok, I guess they listened to me that time too. They should probably stop.

Pick any of those I guess. I'm sure there are others.
This list should be archived. Laughed audibly at the Terreal Bierria comment. So good.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I would’ve bet everything I had that in 1988 Mudbone was a HOF QB. Love the dude.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thinking Aaron Curry was a great pick @ #4.

Thinking the Hawks first Super Bowl team (Holmgren’s team) was going to go 9-7 that and not make the playoffs.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
#1 I was sold on the '86 Hawks. Thought they were going to go all the way. Just how that team was built and the state of the AFC west at the time. Granted, that was a long time ago lol

#2 I was convinced that Super Bowl XL was going to be one the best Super Bowls ever.

#3 Arron Curry

morgulon1

Reaction score
Thinking Kitna would lead us to a super bowl
Yeah , I was a Kitna fan lol. But in his defense he went on to play several seasons and played well.
Holmgren and didn't give him much of a chance then He got screwed when the Bengals took
Carson Palmer , then something similar happened in Dallas.

He wasn't terrible.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I believe it was a stop sign or construction sign. It significantly hampered his career despite him earning Pro Bowl later with Dallas, many teams were scared off by any lingering ramifications, so it was a big opportunity cost and earnings loss. Obviously it was devastating on many levels for the Hawks. Losing your stud safety 5 games into the 2005 season was a pretty big deal.

One does gotta love that list of all-time greats at safety though!
Donte is still looking for his helmet haha

Attachments

• dontecrushed.jpg
    dontecrushed.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0

Ruminator

Reaction score
The "favorite coach" thread reminded me of another: When Dennis Erickson was hired to be the Seahawks coach back in 1995 after getting WSU to their first bowl game since 1916 and winning two national championships with the University of Miami, I was jacked and thought he was going to catapult the Seahawks to one of the best in the NFL and win Super Bowls.