What's with all the Watson talk??

W

Welshers

I see half this board and seahawk fans everywhere calling us to get watson. Am I the only one who thinks this is low? Hes been accused of sexual assault by 22 women!!! People are really that quick to overlook their morals to win football games?? You'd turn a blind eye just because he's a good player??? Craziness people wanting him to represent Seattle

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Big Ben...prolific rapist..2x sb champ...future Hofer..loved by everyone in Pittsburgh. No one cares as long as they can win games...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Drama aside, he's a Phenomenal, very young QB with fresh legs and a chip on his shoulder. At this point, likely an upgrade at QB. While it would feel strange to root for someone who has been accused by 21+ women of stuff, he absolutely would make this team better.
In case you don't know, the NFL has several players who are not exactly high quality people.
Can you say Tyreek Hill?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I wouldn't want to be the one who convicted him without SOLID evidence. The lives of high profile NFL players is very complicated, most often by gold diggers, and they aren't always women acting alone. I'll wait to see how all that plays out before I come to a conclusion about wanting Watson or not, but I've already decided about his value as a football player.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Welshers":1h51gevy said:
I see half this board and seahawk fans everywhere calling us to get watson. Am I the only one who thinks this is low? Hes been accused of sexual assault by 22 women!!! People are really that quick to overlook their morals to win football games?? You'd turn a blind eye just because he's a good player??? Craziness people wanting him to represent Seattle

We're not looking for someone to represent Seattle. We're looking for a QB to win games and put us in SB contention. I don't know how Watson gets around his legal troubles, but from a talent perspective, among those not locked into a team, he is the best chance for us to land a franchise QB. And realistically, it is a long shot.

Rat

Reaction score
He's a great QB with incredible moxie and would be a fantastic fit in our offense.

That being said, screw that guy. I don't want to root for him.

Elemas

Reaction score
He’s currently the Bill Cosby of the NFL. Sexual predator behavior aside, he’s a great QB.

I can’t see Pete spending a significant amount on another QB.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are calling for Watson because Watson is the only path to success forward left.

If there isn't a jail term tied to him, he will play in the NFL. It might as well be for us.

Accusations are not proof and there is enough incentive to levy those accusations to doubt them.

Ben may have hard R'd a girl that DIDN'T advertise on 'massage & more' adult websites. And he played for over a decade with very little negative impact to the Steelers, if any. His contributions to team success outweighed any negative publicity he might have created.

The reality is that we cannot compete with Carroll as a coach without a top tier QB. Watson is the only one feasible and available - so that has to be the move forward.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I still have doubts that he clears his legal hurdles any time soon. Does Pete have that much time?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Welcome to the We're Desperate For a QB Club, population about 20 other teams.

I have no idea about the merits of what Watson's being accused of, more importantly for us it still might be another season before he's cleared to play again.

Even if he settles all his lawsuits and charges, he still hasn't been officially suspended by Goodell.

So not really a viable replacement right now, plus as soon as he is cleared it'll be one of the biggest trade bidding wars in the history of the NFL.

Highly doubt Pete and John want to use all the picks they just got to get into that war.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mgmiguj said:
Welcome to the We're Desperate For a QB Club, population about 20 other teams.

I have no idea about the merits of what Watson's being accused of, more importantly for us it still might be another season before he's cleared to play again.

Even if he settles all his lawsuits and charges, he still hasn't been officially suspended by Goodell.

So not really a viable replacement right now, plus as soon as he is cleared it'll be one of the biggest trade bidding wars in the history of the NFL.

Highly doubt Pete and John want to use all the picks they just got to get into that war.

Great synopsis!

Jville

Reaction score
Welshers":pmi5mirk said:

At this stage, just listening to gossip podcasts and looking at ranking charts and reacting to who is next on the list. :229031_shrug:

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I used to be a Texans fanatic. Loved the Watson pick for them back in the day. This kid made some unbelievable plays. However, the Front Office and Ownership left a very bad taste in my mouth over the last 5 years. The promotion of Jack Easterby to Football OPs VP was my breaking point. Just don't like what the front office and ownership stand for now.

Then the Watson stuff came out. As a licensed massage therapist and a woman, his behavior is completely appauling. If the Seahawks think his football talent is worth more than the bad PR trading for him will do, that's for Jody, Pete and John to figure out. I won't be rooting or watching if this kid comes to Seattle. Got to draw the line somewhere. Great football skills does not make up for lack of human skills.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1fssfxry said:
Big Ben...prolific rapist..2x sb champ...future Hofer..loved by everyone in Pittsburgh. No one cares as long as they can win games...

Don't forget Peyton Manning too.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Lawyer for the case against is a slime bag, using the media to argue a case, representing all of them from what I read, sounds like a money grab, I could be wrong but a kid with his money having massages and some sex, look at Robert Craft, he had it all dismissed yet nobody is talking about it now. Not that different in my mind. The fact that many women had some intimate situation and none came out till the lawyer started prompting for them to disclose stuff is also telling.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
I would give up a 2nd and QB Drew lock. And Maybe that 5th but that's about it.

John63

Reaction score
And the fact if he plays his cap hit will be much higher than what Wilsons was is okay...right? AND he has an opt-out in 2 years and is a UFA in 3. Presuming he is not in jail or suspended.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Welshers":2e4uubjc said:

I hated creeps like Big Ben and Kobe Bryant doing what they did to women. It's not like I'd keep rooting for any team if they got a creep like this or Deshawn Watson. I really wouldn't care about the wins at that point other than actively wanting the Hawks to tank so they move on expeditiously. I'll probably be invested in the Broncs as the afc team (my sister remains a huge fan) while starting to like another NFC team. I know that many will not do the same, but that's exactly how I feel about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NY Hawk":ik3h8rbc said:

Then you would not get Watson.

Even with all his baggage Watson's still a top 10 QB that at LEAST a dozen teams will be interested in once his legal affairs are over and he's reinstated.

Lots of teams = bidding war

keasley45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ju1sd64 said:
NY Hawk":2ju1sd64 said:

Then you would not get Watson.

Even with all his baggage Watson's still a top 10 QB that at LEAST a dozen teams will be interested in once his legal affairs are over and he's reinstated.

Lots of teams = bidding war

But who can offer more than we can?

Agree tbough. Watson can ball. Whether what the 22 folks have alleged is true or not I can't say, but the money grabbing greedy types who will purger themselves for $$$ make it hard for those who may be real victims. CRAFT WAS ON CAMERA and nothing was done. Just hard to say what happened.

His stats the last year he played:
4800 yards, 70% Completion 33 tds, 7 ints.

And he throws the ball all over the field with timing and accuracy.

We'd be dumb to not try to get him here.