What's with all the Watson talk??

pmedic920

Reaction score
I won’t defend Watson, nor am I willing to convict him.

Fact is, he hasn’t been charged with anything after all this time.

It’s my understanding that evidence is going to a grand jury soon.

It’s also my understanding that the crime/crimes being pursued is “indecent assault” (misdemeanor), while “sexual assault” is a felony.

This stuff is talked about a lot here where I live.
I did a quick Google and the top article that popped up was a NYtimes piece (it pretty much confirms what I’ve said above.

Personally I think to be “fair” folks need to understand that all of the allegations originate from “massage parlor” type workers/locations.

Is it possible that gold digging/ opportunity seeking is coming into play?
Is it possible that “cancel culture” is dictating the narrative?

It’s my opinion that both are most likely much more prevalent than any actual “assault”.
I also understand that with so many complaints there must be a measure of truth to some of the allegations.

For me personally, if it shakes out that Watson is still eligible to play I’d take him as a Seahawk, he’s absolutely one (if not) the best available QB at the moment.

I believe that folks should really look into what he’s been accused of,the reality of allegations, details matter in situations like this. The information is available if you’re willing to seek it out.

Or, you can just convict and denounce him.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":86dic2co said:
And the fact if he plays his cap hit will be much higher than what Wilsons was is okay...right? AND he has an opt-out in 2 years and is a UFA in 3. Presuming he is not in jail or suspended.

Higher before Russ' next deal, which might happen in Denver this year.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2bkj70e9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2bkj70e9 said:
NY Hawk":2bkj70e9 said:
I would give up a 2nd and QB Drew lock. And Maybe that 5th but that's about it.

Then you would not get Watson.

Even with all his baggage Watson's still a top 10 QB that at LEAST a dozen teams will be interested in once his legal affairs are over and he's reinstated.

Lots of teams = bidding war

But who can offer more than we can?

Agree tbough. Watson can ball. Whether what the 22 folks have alleged is true or not I can't say, but the money grabbing greedy types who will purger themselves for $$$ make it hard for those who may be real victims. CRAFT WAS ON CAMERA and nothing was done. Just hard to say what happened.

His stats the last year he played:
4800 yards, 70% Completion 33 tds, 7 ints.

And he throws the ball all over the field with timing and accuracy.

We'd be dumb to not try to get him here.

For me it's not about his athletic ability. I guess it just depends on what kind of capital it takes to get him here. I could see how this might be a disasterous trade...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
keasley45":1g1a3pqy said:
Sgt. Largent":1g1a3pqy said:
NY Hawk":1g1a3pqy said:
I would give up a 2nd and QB Drew lock. And Maybe that 5th but that's about it.

Then you would not get Watson.

Even with all his baggage Watson's still a top 10 QB that at LEAST a dozen teams will be interested in once his legal affairs are over and he's reinstated.

Lots of teams = bidding war

But who can offer more than we can?

Agree tbough. Watson can ball. Whether what the 22 folks have alleged is true or not I can't say, but the money grabbing greedy types who will purger themselves for $$$ make it hard for those who may be real victims. CRAFT WAS ON CAMERA and nothing was done. Just hard to say what happened.

His stats the last year he played:
4800 yards, 70% Completion 33 tds, 7 ints.

And he throws the ball all over the field with timing and accuracy.

We'd be dumb to not try to get him here.

Lots of teams can offer more than us. Giants have two top 10 picks, Eagles have a bunch of picks.

That's not even the question, the question is would you want to give up what it'd take to get Watson, which we can assume will be at least multiple first rounders, and multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders.

That's what it'll take because of how many teams will be interested.

He's tempting as hell, but giving up what we just got and maybe more when this is obviously a complete rebuild? Seems shortsighted with all the gaping holes on this roster now.

I'd rather build another nasty defense and run game and see if we can hit on a QB in the draft or off someone else's roster over the next couple of years.

xray

Reaction score
To get Watson would be too expensive . The Hawks would have to give the Texans all the draft picks they just got from Denver and $ . I'll pass on him .

TreeRon

Reaction score
We (fans) seem to be banking on winning the Watson lottery or hoping the QB from Liberty falls to #9 in the draft. After that we have zero ideas for 2022-23

keasley45

Reaction score
xray":3hzbx0k6 said:
To get Watson would be too expensive . The Hawks would have to give the Texans all the draft picks they just got from Denver and $ . I'll pass on him .

I understand the reluctance, but that can be seen as the cost for a franchise qb.

Either you pay for a known quantity, and watson's abilities are apparent, or you fortify your team in every other way and roll the dice that the journeyman you put under center or the rookie you draft will pan out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pass..We wouldn't have any picks and be cap strapped just like we was with Russ.
Watson is younger and and the better QB but we aren't winning anything with him.
Then have deal with a bunch of Bob36's bitching about how we don't have this and
that around him..Been there and done that.
Build up a solid D with a really good running game and plug in a level headed young
game manager with attributes that the present offense can really function well with.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Upside is that he's by far, the best QB option currently out there, and can make any team he's with an automatic playoff contender. Downside is he may never play another down in the NFL, and that is a real risk.