What's your Food, Beverage & Jersey choice today?

Rainger

Reaction score
Ok I am ready to kick it off. How about you? I am set up to get up and and watch all the pregame stuff while I make a breakfast of bacon and eggs, (enough to feed three but I am by myself) with tomato from my garden and an orange.

This will be washed down with coffee and a chilled bottle of champagne. Then I will watch the game with my 9 beers and top it off with some cheese crackers, olives, pickles, shrimp, almonds etc for my game snack with a bottle of red wine I should add.

How about you. This is the start of the Super Bowl 50 run. Gotta make this start special. What are you going to do as your pre game meal and game snacks?????

(HH82 edit: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113132&p=1692215#p1692215)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Usually have corn beef hash with eggs over easy, coffee. Traditional 10:00 am pre-game breakfast.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Breakfast burritos for about 16 adults plus kids. Everything will be cooked on the grill. Red beers for the cook (me)
Chorizo, bacon, ham. Life is good

OrFan

Reaction score
Coffee and go to work.

With the exception of going to one game last year, I haven't had a Sunday off for almost two years.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Fresh, shredded Yukon hash browns w onions and peppers from the garden. Link sausages. Eggs over easy. Whole milk.

Tully's Italian Roast coffee, at least two Keurigs worth.

I'm in the Central time zone, so kickoff isn't too early to drink, and I have a new 1/2 gallon of Makers. I drink it on the rocks w a side of Coke. Should last a good while (lthough next week is at Lambeau).

I make sure I have full batts on my phone because I keep up with my crew in Burlington.

I'll likely make some jalepeno poppers at some point.

Can't wait!

tooshort

Reaction score
Not really breakfast fare (pretty damned good hangover fare though :D ) but since I like to treat 10am games as if they're no different than the rest I went all out for some mid morning "tailgate" tastiness.

2 pounds of this delectable pulled pork

photo2.jpg

Add onions,celery,garlic and carrots all caramelized with rum and cider.

Cook down in bone and beef broth with a pound and a half of sauerkraut slow and low for 8 hours.

Ladle over a scoop of roasted garlic and bacon mashed potatoes....(dollop of sour cream optional)

:th2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
There's some really good eats going around.. well done!

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Brekky? Really? Do people really say that?

To answer the question though, tomorrow it's gonna be cheesy potato pancakes, eggs and bacon.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
From all the posts looks like I am the only one drinking. What gives. No Champagne with your breakfast? No beers with the game? No wine with your snacks? Come on people tomorrow is a great drinking day.

Somebody must be having a bloody Mary with their breakfast?

tooshort

Reaction score
rainger":2kfmf62q said:
From all the posts looks like I am the only one drinking. What gives. No Champagne with your breakfast? No beers with the game? No wine with your snacks? Come on people tomorrow is a great drinking day.

Sorry, I figured the drinking was Implied :thirishdrinkers:

Rob12

Reaction score
rainger":1fpc5154 said:

Definitely will be having a few beers during the game. Even if my wife looks at me funny because it'll be 10 in the morning.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Start with coffee then put up the Seahawks flags outside. (Have an HOA so can't hang them 24/7)
Already hung up the #12 flag in the living room.
Then ESPN all morning until game time.
Go Hawks!

Team Patera

Reaction score
Rob12":26hhnk9o said:
rainger":26hhnk9o said:

Definitely will be having a few beers during the game. Even if my wife looks at me funny because it'll be 10 in the morning.
But it's Seahawks game day! It's allowed. ...and required!

A

Anonymous

As many of you know, in past seasons I've produced a game-day topic to highlight my Food, Beverage, and Jersey choices for the games. Last year, I encouraged others to do so in instances when I was unable to. Folks like Pmed and Sailor (and others) have come to the rescue, and I'd like to think we've got a cool little tradition going with it.

Since it seems our good friend Rainger has already begun a topic on the subject, I'll forego that post for today, (and with permission) will make a few alterations to add those historic components to his topic. Thanks Rainger!!!

That said, I think it would be awesome if any of you that are early birds out there, and you have some interesting plans for your game-day fare on lock, go ahead and take the driver's seat. Have fun with it. Let's make this something any of you that would like to, starts.

Due to the fact my act is far from being together this morning, here's mine:

Food:
- Fresh "I haven't figured it out yet", smothered in "I don't really know", and served over a bed of "we'll figure it out at some point". Delicious!

Beverage:
- Ice cold, roasted barley, hop, and malt beverage, carbonated and possibly distilled. Love that stuff.

Jersey:
- Whatever is left in my closet after having given pretty much all of my jerseys away to kind and deserving 12's. I do see a #30 jersey in there with my name on it though... :mrgreen:

Enjoy the game everybody, and...

Go Hawks!!!

:icon_new:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Lots of tea (no milk three sugars), watch some of the Hurling (the All-Ireland Final is on today), put the jersey on at precisely 4pm, then sit down to the game with roast beef and all the trimmings.
HYPED!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Grilled Blade steaks with sautéed shrimp and mushrooms, grilled onions and peppers, boiled peanuts, smoked IPA, debating on Kam jersey. (My good luck jersey). Oh and my 10 year old went to bed last night already wearing his #3.

Latest posts