What's In A Name - SF Win & Pete's Philosophies

Palpitation

Reaction score
So...I have what is known as an SVT or Supraventricular Tachycardia. This post is not about that...mostly, but how Pete's coaching philosophy effect's it. I am not looking for sympathy, empathy or any other ...thy that exists. The hawks will not kill me! I have that right reserved for 3 early 20's ladies in my bathtub playing sink the battleship, about 30 years from now when I cannot remember what I had for breakfast.

Pete loves the close games. I love the emotion that Pete brings, the energy & the inspiration. I would not trade Pete for any coach, including Belichick (whom I have a great deal of respect for and think is in the top 3 coaches to have ever coached in the NFL). Pete has brought a level of respect & accomplishment that is unmatched in Hawks history. Thank you Pete for what you have done for us!!! I hate the close games. My SVT kicks in due to stress and I think Pete plays with it like a kitten plays with a red laser on the floor.

To be honest, I don't deal with hawk losses well, especially ones we could have won. The AZ game still causes me agita and this site blows up when that happens. Best to avoid it for a week.

My challenge with Pete is his willingness to take the foot off the pedal. The teams he assembles are compiled of driven, attacking & aggressive players. When we go prevent too early, our D struggles with the down gear shift & if often effects out O who seem to struggle as well. As soon as I see the "soft D", I have to take a deep breath and grab my drink.

Today, playing SF...the hawks played as if it was a close game all the way through. The D was blitzing and the secondary played a more aggresive prevent. The 9ers still scored in the waning minutes, but they got the snot knocked out of them doing so.

I know what excites Pete...I'd rather win this way.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
:179422:
Had your fill?
:lol: Our D did step up today, in spite of being seriously hamstrung (no pun intended) by injuries. So...that's once in 7 games this year. Not a great % but maybe today is the start of a fresh trend. Here's hoping...