What's your out of left field prediction for the 2015 draft?

titan3131

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3h0ji4il said:
Seattle makes it's first really aggressive move up in the Carroll Schneider era. A deal that will make hawks fans borderline angry at the cost.

LIKE?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I agree with Attyla and I think that guy is DGB.

With the teams reluctance to keep 1st round picks.. could easily see a 2016 1st being shipped to someone in the Top 10 of the 2nd round to land DGB (if he slides into the 2nd, which I still don't see happening)

titan3131

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2yj8vqnb said:

With the teams reluctance to keep 1st round picks.. could easily see a 2016 1st being shipped to someone in the Top 10 of the 2nd round to land DGB (if he slides into the 2nd, which I still don't see happening)

im praying this happens, And I have spent time thinking about how.

Because starting with the raiders Im worried about him making it past them.

I think they will swap 2nd rounders with the Jags and throw in our 3rd rounder next year and maybe our 4.31 this year?

Do you guys think that would be enough?

(Also maybe we give them 3.31 for their 4th rounder)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":2s19thz5 said:
Hasselbeck":2s19thz5 said:

I think they will swap 2nd rounders with the Jags and throw in our 3rd rounder next year and maybe our 4.31 this year?

It'll depend on who Oakland takes at 4. If they don't take Cooper/White there, then they are taking a WR almost assuredly at 35.

That really only leaves Patriots (32), Titans (33) and TB (34). Or simply giving Oakland a deal they can't refuse.

Of the four teams, Oakland and New England have proven to be very willing trade down partners. NE having done so 14 times. Oakland 8 times in the last 5 drafts. They are similar to Seattle in that regard. Tennessee has been traditionally a stand pat team. Tampa has a good movement history both ways, but twice as likely to trade up as down.

NE may not be willing to part with 32. Particularly given their CB situation in a draft where the class is lean. Any deal to get to the tail end of R1 with the Patriots is going to hurt like the dickens. Our 2016 1st rounder will be in that mix. Probably this year's 2nd and 3rd. With the possibility of regaining a 2016 pick as we did with the Graham trade.

If Seattle goes aggressive, I'm seeing us conceding:

2016 1st round pick

for:

#32-34
2016 3rd round pick

I'd expect that to be the start of the conversation. Steep price. But you're moving up basically a full round early.

Consider the Julio Jones deal:

Gave:

#26 (1st) Jon Baldwin
#59 (2nd) Greg Little
#124 (4th) Owen Marecic
Next year's 1st Brandon Weeden
Next year's 4th Jairus Wright

Received:

#6 Julio Jones

This deal is very much similar. There aren't any examples of teams moving up 30 spots in round 2. That's the kind of 'make fans howl' kind of deal I'm predicting.

titan3131

Reaction score
Atylla I have to disagree. Its the 2nd round nothing compared to the 1st round.

theres no way we give up a pick outside of our 2nd that we dont have multiples of.

Example from last year in the same range-ish.
Cowboys receive:
» Second-round pick (No. 34):
Demarcus Lawrence

Redskins receive:
» Second-round pick (No. 47): Trent Murphy
» Third-round pick (No. 78): Spencer Long

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1fnyte2w said:
JSeahawks":1fnyte2w said:
The seahawks will trade a pick or two for some veteran who will end up being a big edition. Maybe an olinemen.

What kind of edition are we talking? Limited? Special?

New Edition??? which we then trade up for the Beastie Boys to go along with Beastmode. :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
titan3131":f0zg2s2y said:
Hasselbeck":f0zg2s2y said:

I was thinking along the lines of 2016 1st + swap of 2nd rounders with Seattle getting a 3/4 in return from the team thats taking on next years #1.

Now obviously if you're the Jags or Raiders.. you have to hit on your first two picks.. since their second rounders are almost like end of 1st round selections.. hence why the Seahawks would have to really sweeten the pot to get them to trade out of that

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I think they're two very underrated players, so that might make it "out of the left field", but CB Leon Sandcastle & WR Jerry Ricecake are two players I think are going to take this league by storm. I hope we can at least grab one of them in the early rounds.

Dude ran a 4.2 at the combine :shock:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'll go with the Patriots trading down from #32 to a team who will draft Dorial Green Beckham.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1903lhw4 said:
Hasselbeck":1903lhw4 said:
JSeahawks":1903lhw4 said:
The seahawks will trade a pick or two for some veteran who will end up being a big edition. Maybe an olinemen.

What kind of edition are we talking? Limited? Special?

New Edition??? which we then trade up for the Beastie Boys to go along with Beastmode. :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:
Naw we're trading up for Kenny Rogers & The First Edition so we can drop in to see what condition our condition is in.

I know it's been rumored so not a huge reach but I believe the Titans get Rivers via trade.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Trad back into early third and take Frank Clark. I think he's one of the best talents in the draft. Red flags and PR storm, for sure, but he's a talent on par with . . .Greg Hardy. ;)

Seafan

Reaction score
Since this has digressed to a kind of a joke thread I will say the Hawks trade RW to Tampa for their 1st and 2nd this year and their #1 next year and select Mariotta and DGB.

original poster

Reaction score
Seafan":2fdmzh3j said:
Since this has digressed to a kind of a joke thread I will say the Hawks trade RW to Tampa for their 1st and 2nd this year and their #1 next year and select Mariotta and DGB.

I'm almost certain that would make me vomit!

Chawker

Reaction score
Left field...... Seattle trades up #54, Taking Danielle Hunter DE, The Lions get Bruce Irvan LBers plus the Lion's give Seattle a 3rd round pick in 2016. :stirthepot: