Whelp, Ifedi is already being played some at Guard.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fade":141dygjn said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1024016583964778496[/tweet]
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1024016583964778496

That didn't take long.

Ifedi is a player with technique issues. If all intentions are for him to be the frontrunner for the starting RT, he should take every single rep there to help him hone his technique. This tells me they are already having 2nd thoughts and could move him back to Guard if Battle can show just a little something at RT.

1 bad game in the pre-season and he will be moved to Guard imo. Similarly what ended up happening to Britt.

Isn't that where 'Big Walt' suggested he might be a better fit?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I think if Fant had not been coming off a major knee injury they would of already moved Ifedi to Guard.

The competition is so thin at RT, yet they have Ifedi playing Guard this early in camp is telling. Let the Guards like Roos, Fluker, Odhiambo, Skyler Phillips get the reps. Give Ifedi a series off, and put in Battle at RT to give him a look with the 1's.
Which they could have easily done.

Instead they keep all of those guys on the bench, and move Ifedi, to get Battle reps with the 1's at RT. Telling.

Walter Jones is right, Ifedi's best position is Guard. I think the Seahawks know that too, but they have nothing at RT so they are trying to figure it out.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think it's fine if we have a bad lineman at one of the spots if the others are at least average. Should be good at center and LT so if we can see improvement from Pocic and move Ifedi back and he plays well, it's acceptable to have a liability at RT. Most teams have a bad player at one spot but they get by - the OL problem is league wide. Our problem is that we've had three or more bad players each of the past three seasons. Yes, a bad RT might cost us a game and make things difficult at times, but we can live with that.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":dc254azu said:
I think if Fant had not been coming off a major knee injury they would of already moved Ifedi to Guard.

The competition is so thin at RT, yet they have Ifedi playing Guard this early in camp is telling. Let the Guards like Roos, Fluker, Odhiambo, Skyler Phillips get the reps. Give Ifedi a series off, and put in Battle at RT to give him a look with the 1's.
Which they could have easily done.

Instead they keep all of those guys on the bench, and move Ifedi, to get Battle reps with the 1's at RT. Telling.

Walter Jones is right, Ifedi's best position is Guard. I think the Seahawks know that too, but they have nothing at RT so they are trying to figure it out.

Solari also isn't trying out Fluker at RT with the 1's, quite sure Solari knows something that we don't or showing up on stats.