When are we creating more capspace by cutting TT and LH?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":29yh65v7 said:
GoGGell":29yh65v7 said:
Maybe I haven't realized it yet, but why is TT and LH still in our Roster???
I can't believe and understand why they are still on our cap list.
Is JS sleeping or is he making a contract marathon with Clowney???

The same thing for Dickson...
Would give us almost 8 million in cap space.

Any ideas?
Several studies have linked procrastination to intelligence. Delaying decisions that do not need to be made immediately allows for additional analysis and information gathering. There is no urgency to make any of the roster decisions you have noted above. By delaying the decision, JS/PC are allowing time for events to unfold that may better inform their decisions.
From a Business Insider article, "some scientists would say that smart people procrastinate even on work they find meaningful. Wharton psychologist Adam Grant suggests that procrastination is key to innovation, and that Steve Jobs used it strategically."
LOL Yep...."Fools Rush In"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the ol' college try with trying to trade Thompson before cutting him.

I have no idea who'd trade anything for a safety that can't even run down a 220 lb RB in the open field, but there you go.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I still have nightmares about that play at the end of the first half vs. Cincy :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

BASF

Reaction score
kf3339":2tacu6w0 said:
I honestly would have already cut both of them along with Dickson. What is the point of holding on to them when you can free up cap space.

Also, since PC talks about doing right by the players, wouldn't it be better to give them a chance to sign with another team now than later?

We already have a lot of holes to fill and creating more before the draft is not really a good idea. It would dictate a few picks in the draft and we definitely do not want that. You end up getting people trading up in front of you and grabbing the player that you covet.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36zce272 said:
Trade him for a box of onions, it would be a steal for the Hawks.
This particular joke was played out years ago. It's no longer witty; it's just sad.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gemxsm8 said:
This is the ol' college try with trying to trade Thompson before cutting him.

I have no idea who'd trade anything for a safety that can't even run down a 220 lb RB in the open field, but there you go.
Yeah, it's a bit of a hail mary to get some value, at least, out of him. But most teams probably know he's gonna get cut sometime this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What's sad is that you even care about it Sun. Like I care even a little bit what you think...…..lighten up man.

KinesProf

Reaction score
With Thompson it should just be a matter of time. With his performance accelerators kicking in it makes him a little pricier than the team would probably like.

Lano is cheap, young and affordable. No need to do anything now, with rosters at 90(I believe) through the end of camp.

A-Dog

Reaction score
TT will be gone. I think P&J thought his instincts and ball skills would compensate for his lack of speed, but that hasn't panned out and he's been repeatedly beaten deep which should never happen.

The cap savings for cutting Hill are minimal, and he hasn't played enough to prove that he is a bust. The Seahawks also lack safeties that are big enough to consistently down near the box, and Hill has the size and length. I'm guessing he'll remain on the team at least in to training camp.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Largent80":3zmcltnd said:
See ya and take Hill with you.

Get Digger in the draft.

What benefit do you see in releasing Hill from the 90 man roster?

sutz

Reaction score
KinesProf":13ed0h1a said:
Largent80":13ed0h1a said:
See ya and take Hill with you.

Get Digger in the draft.

What benefit do you see in releasing Hill from the 90 man roster?
Would be silly now. They're floating him as trade bait. Maybe they get a 7 for him. No need to cut him without a good reason.

tersal

Reaction score
GoGGell said:
Maybe I haven't realized it yet, but why is TT and LH still in our Roster???
I can't believe and understand why they are still on our cap list.
Is JS sleeping or is he making a contract marathon with Clowney???

The same thing for Dickson...
Would give us almost 8 million in cap space.

Any ideas?[]
Are you serious ? Call Bill O' Brien in Houston might have a shot at getting JJ watt for one these safeties.
Then again Watt is a multiple All Pro may need to send both of them to Houston!

Kinger95

Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted but when’s the deadline to cut some of these guys before stuff becomes guaranteed?

Specifically Britt, Dickson and our two boys hill and Thompson?

I’m assuming hill and Thompson are not for awhile but Dickson and Britt must be fairly soon?

Latest posts