When did you think we had it... be honest!

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Halftime. I knew we could at least put up 10 points in the second half and no way were they going to drop 33 on us.

Laloosh

Reaction score
el capitan":spprsqck said:
When Kearse caught that TD pass to take the lead in the 4th quarter at Carolina.

That's a really great answer...

As soon as we won the NFCC for me.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Coin toss. When we won it and put our D on the field first. That sent the message right there of how this game was going to play out. Goosebumps baby, goosebumps!

So freaking proud of our guys!!!!!!!!

dbmack

Reaction score
jjinwa":3q3x5aag said:
Coin toss. When we won it and put our D on the field first. That sent the message right there of how this game was going to play out. Goosebumps baby, goosebumps!

So freaking proud of our guys!!!!!!!!
Pete said on the post game show that they always defer, the Broncos always want the ball first. They knew before the coin was even tossed that the defense was going to be on the field first.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Like many, it was Harvin's TD for me. At halftime I said the first half was all ours, and the second half could be all Denver, so we shouldn't pop the champagne just yet. But when we opened the half with another TD I turned to everyone in the living room (I was by the TV) and said, "I'm hesitant to say this out loud, but I think we're going to win the Super Bowl."

Of course I got sushed and called a jinx, but that was pretty much game over. Denver probably got themselves psyched back up in the locker room then promptly punched in the mouth again to start the half. That had to have crushed them.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
dbmack":t7wh20j3 said:
Pete said on the post game show that they always defer, the Broncos always want the ball first. They knew before the coin was even tossed that the defense was going to be on the field first.

Thanks. I didn't get that memo. Hawks in 2015!!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
When I told my wife last week that we are going to win and win by a lot. I gave the match up a ton of thought and research and thanks to a ton of good writers, especially Danny Kelly and Hawkblogger, it was easy to see that we were much better on paper and film as well.

I saw nothing that led me to believe that Denver could stop our entire offense. They sold out on Lynch and their poison was everyone else. No answer for Harvin. That opened up everything else in the passing game though I don't think we needed it. I thought we would probably give up 17-20 points(including a garbage time score) but score at least 38. And that was all assuming a conventional game where Denver didnt piss down their legs from the opening snap.

It was no disrespect to Manning but the numbers and film do not lie. They did not see one of the top 5 defenses in the league until last night. I knew they would not try to use the run game more though it would have given them more production.

OrFan

Reaction score
I knew we had it in the first qtr when our defense was shutting them down and our offense was moving down the field. It may have only been field goals, but we were doing what we wanted, and they were being man handled by our defense.

This did not keep me from feeling sick though. I have never felt this before, ever. I had wanted this to happen for so very long that it took a physical toll on me. I couldn't even eat anything. I just wanted it to be over.

This is the greatest feeling a football fan can ever feel!

themunn

Reaction score
The biggest comeback in superbowl history is 10 points

I knew it was in the bag at 15.
I knew it wasn't going to be close at 22.
I knew it was going to be a 30 point beatdown at 29. Although I knew Percy was scoring that before they kicked it, and even turned to my friend (who isn't a football fan) to explain why beforehand.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I knew it was over on the Donkey's first play..I've been saying all along with rest Peyton chokes in big games..One thing goes wrong ,it's all downhill...So the safety did it for me...I felt like King of the hill all night ...Awesome feeling for a change...

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I wasn't comfortable until late in the 4th. Even after Percy's return, I started seeing this years Chiefs@Colts playoff game or the 1992 Oilers@Bills game, and I was having these awful visions of Pey-Pey on the podium and Strahan thrusting a mic in his face and saying, "Peyton, you just orchestrated the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history ..."

I'm pessimistic like that, I guess.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
I called Malcolm's pick six before the snap. Of course I didn't know who would do it. Just one of those feelings. I just felt it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":2gjvksw0 said:
Halftime. I knew we could at least put up 10 points in the second half and no way were they going to drop 33 on us.

:13:

Guaranteed.....with a cherry on top.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
themunn":23styda2 said:
The biggest comeback in superbowl history is 10 points

I knew it was in the bag at 15.
I knew it wasn't going to be close at 22.
I knew it was going to be a 30 point beatdown at 29. Although I knew Percy was scoring that before they kicked it, and even turned to my friend (who isn't a football fan) to explain why beforehand.

Hey, me too. Someone at our party--a football fan with no real dog in the hunt--said, "Denver needs to get the ball back fast if they want to stay in this."

I said, "Well, one way they can get the ball back fast is if Harvin takes this kick to the house."

And Harvin promptly did.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
As with the majority of the posters here, Harvin's return led me to believe that we were walking through the door to a win, and the Maxwell punch-fumble really iced it.

I was pacing for much of the first two quarters. I'd fallen into a pattern: I repeated to my brother after every score or stop: "it's Manning. He can come back. This is statistically the best offense in NFL history. We're only up by (5)(8)(15)(22)." My brother would nod, we'd fall silent, and we'd watch more of the game together. I wasn't counting, but I stopped that hedger's mantra mid-way through the third quarter and started looking around the room, trying to remember the way mundane things looked - the light cast by a lamp, the texture of the sofa - in order to burn the night into my memory. The cauliflower was delicious.

The question had suddenly become, "are the Broncos even going to score?" 29 years of dark shit, gone. Loosed.

I was too confused to even cry at that point, although that would have been appropriate.

I'm still unsure as to how to celebrate in a city whose talk-radio shows were bleating about 1) Manning's tainted legacy, 2) the general weakness of the AFC vis-à-vis the NFC, and 3) the Bears' offseason only an hour after the game ended. As if one of the all-time-great Super Bowl ass-kickings hadn't just transpired. My brother and I were flipping AM channels on the car ride home like mad trying to hear a solid recap of what we'd just witnessed. Futility. Trying to dodge the drone of dead hosts and drunk call-ins was like trying to dodge the snowflakes hitting our windshield.

I was dropped off in front of my house after the hour-long drive, stepped out into the slush, and the neighborhood was flat, was silent, was bored. But I had mine. I had ours. Nothing else mattered.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on one of my seven Seahawk jerseys - none of which are of the current design - and walk around for no reason in my city. I'll take the 3x5 flag with the number 12 on it with me, too. For extra warmth.

Go Hawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Harvin TD.

Whatever pep talk Denver had at halftime, Harvin obliterated it. They had no chance after that of mentally coming out strong for the 2nd half.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":scatu9wu said:
I called it when we went up 15-0. I even made a thread about it in game day forum yesterday.

Yep.. me too. At that point I had a picture that our offense could move the ball at will and that the Donks were falling apart. I started in with the SB Champs stuff when Harvin brought it back.