When did you think we had it... be honest!

kjreid

Reaction score
The Safety, Manning never plays well from behind and against our Defense it was never a question that he would not be able to play from behind. So the minute we were ahead, game over.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
For me it was at the start of the second half with Percy's return. At that point, we were up so much I figured there was no way they could come back.

That's when I started looking for the 15 year old scotch...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It wasn't one particular play, it was ALL the little things that was going right for us adding up. The Broncos not getting 4th down conversions, Maxwell punching the ball out when Denver was driving, PI in the endzone on Tate........all the things that have NEVER gone our way were finally finally going our way. It was then that I knew destiny was on our side.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yjd4c0dw said:
all the things that have NEVER gone our way

Exactly. Play after play was just going our way (and big time plays at that). A feeling crept over me that I've never had. And it was glorious!!!

JonRud

Reaction score
At halftime I went down to the concourse and ran into Seatown81 [who had no voice left], NYCoug and BFS. We were all very happy but telling each other there were 30 mins left and we weren't taking anything for granted.

If I'm being honest I think I knew at that point the game was over. it was such a domination there was no way to envision Denver coming back.

No doubt the Harvin KR sealed the deal.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
jjinwa":2giz9pk0 said:
Coin toss. When we won it and put our D on the field first. That sent the message right there of how this game was going to play out.

That was me, too. Knowing that the Broncs would want the ball didn't affect my feelings either way. We were winning from the toss. YES!!!

But once the game was in force, I was sure at half-time that the game was over. Percy's run sealed it.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Cyrus12":22tkwzxe said:
Harvin's kick return...any hope Denver had was destoyed at that point...everyone on the Denver sideline knew they were outmatched in every part of the game at that point.

Every day for the entire 2 weeks heading in to this game ... I was nervous -- real nervous -- almost at the point of hyperventilating nervous. But the interesting thing is that the day OF the Super Bowl ... I felt this strange calmness and a sense of quiet confidence. Malcolm Smith's Pick 6 really made me thinking that we had these guys on the ropes and I thought it would take a real momentous comeback + a momentous collapse by our defense for Denver to come back.

BUT, Percy's kickoff return for a TD was the nail in the coffin for me as well (I felt basically the exact same way as you). From there on out, I was just having fun as I knew it was over.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I am the most paranoid sports fan you will ever meet.

Didn't give myself a chance to realize what was happening until 5 mins left in the SECOND half. Got real dusty in my living room.