When Jimmy Graham went down I told my wife...

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, I like Luke Willson better. She looked at me like I was crazy. What say you?

hawker84

Reaction score
I like luke as well. Graham is a force no doubt, but Luke is very serviceable, and will fill in just fine. Helfet needs to step up as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was crushed because I thought he was really starting to blossom and develop chemistry with Russ.

Luke Willson is a fast JAG. Jimmy Graham is an elite talent that every defense must respect.

fav13259

Reaction score
I had the same reaction. I think Willson fits the offense better, blocks better, and will not get upset if he isn't getting targets. I get the hope the coaching staff had for Graham but to me the acquisition always seemed odd.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think it kind of sucks that JG went down when he did. Him and RW were just starting to have good chemistry that was improving week to week.

I'm really liking Luke's hands. He's making some difficult catches out there. And obviously his speed is a big help.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I disagree completely. I have always been a big fan of Willson, supporting him even when he dropped passes last year and some were all over him. That said, Graham is just a huge force and once he fits into this machine like ultimately will happen he will be irreplaceable.

Willson and Graham together, now that will be something to see next year.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
JG and RW will have better rapport next year, if he can come back and be effective with a healed knee.

marko358

Reaction score
Willson will rarely, if ever, command a double team but I still think he's an above average replacement.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I like Graham much more but that's not a knock on Willson. He should do well in relief. Graham demands rolled coverage and double teams and his blocking started to get much better. We will be fine moving forward.

peppersjap

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":26cn5aa4 said:
Doesn't matter, I like Luke Willson better. She looked at me like I was crazy. What say you?
I think you are crazy! They did come out and establish the TE's early today but what did we see out of them after that. Cooper Helfet dropped a pass that was almost handed to him that would have gone for a big gain. That being said, I still think we are good with Luke but he is no where near Grahams level as a player. I think people just had unrealistic expectations for Graham in this offense at the beginning of the season. I think if he had stayed healthy he probably would have set a Seahawks record for catches by a TE. He was playing very well. He is elite and although I think we are going to move on fine for now I look forward to what we can become.

peppersjap

Reaction score
BigMeach":30bg3ech said:
I disagree completely. I have always been a big fan of Willson, supporting him even when he dropped passes last year and some were all over him. That said, Graham is just a huge force and once he fits into this machine like ultimately will happen he will be irreplaceable.

Willson and Graham together, now that will be something to see next year.
I saw an analyst before the season that predicted that Graham and Willson would be the next Gronk and Hernandez. I can see that down the road, Willson has already outperformed the 49er's Vance McDonald who started in front of him in college.

Latest posts