When the whole nation counts us out...

Seafan

Reaction score
Largent80":1qmacdi7 said:
If RW hadn't been injured and our 3 rookie O-Line had gotten it together sooner we probably would have been the #1 seed but you know what?....There is a lot of fight to this team regardless of who is injured or young.

I liked what I saw last Saturday, and remember all the last 3 road games although we started slow we finished well. People are freaking out about no ET, but if you watched the first match up this year, Earl was beaten many times for long gains and TD's. In those three divisional losses on the road, the Seahawks outscored their opponents 52-10 in the fourth quarter. Keeping from getting in a hole is pretty important.

This time we have Kam in, and Clark, also Rawls. Against a very porous run defense by the Failcons.

I like our chances.

Agreed. The most important thing to me is the Hawks are playing indoors on turf. If the game would have been scheduled for Clink and the weather had been freezing or rainy I'd been very concerned.

Terrell has been improving. He's not the huge liability he was earlier. Like Pete said, he doesn't make the same mistake twice. If Kam had been playing in that earlier contest I seriously doubt the Falcons would have scored 21 points in the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing this defense with Kam, Morgan, Bennett, and Clark all playing in post season form.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":138jkt61 said:
Rat":138jkt61 said:
Not being the favorite doesn't mean everyone is counting us out.

The talking heads i've seen have all been atlanta.

That's cause Atlanta's at home, well rested and favored to win the game.

If there's one thing I wish would go away on this forum it's the tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that somehow the national media hates Seattle.

Now maybe some media people and other team's fans are tired of us winning, and therefore want us to lose........like we do with teams like the Pats, Steelers, etc? But to think there's some sort of bias against us is nonsense.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fqbpz8p said:
gowazzu02":2fqbpz8p said:
Rat":2fqbpz8p said:

If there's one thing I wish would go away on this forum it's the tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that somehow the national media hates Seattle.

Now maybe some media people and other team's fans are tired of us winning, and therefore want us to lose........like we do with teams like the Pats, Steelers, etc? But to think there's some sort of bias against us is nonsense.

While I agree that there is no conspiracy against the Hawks, pundits have biases against teams (not just ours). It is individual to each person. Some hid it better than others. Just like an announcer who was an offensive player will be biased towards that side of the ball when calling things. Human nature.

Also the large media markets dominate things because that is where the money is. A bias but not personal. If Seattle became a top 3 media market then they would get all the press as well. This applies to legacy teams as well.

Also going against the grain when talking about things also gets ratings. Controversy and all that. Lets not kid ourselves about how sensitive this fan base is. If anyone criticizes or picks against us then shame on them. Once again driving up there ratings. Kind of self fulfilling for us.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
543429_324893887615123_191477541_n.jpg

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Just had to shut off NFL network after only a few minutes....
They showed a preview of our game and spent four minutes talking about how great Ryan and jones are and showing throws and touch downs and two seconds on showing Sherman. How out right biased this game will be.
Sickening
I hope our guys come out fired up and kick the sh** out of the Falcons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":124y22rg said:
Sgt. Largent":124y22rg said:
gowazzu02":124y22rg said:
Rat":124y22rg said:

While I agree that there is no conspiracy against the Hawks, pundits have biases against teams (not just ours). It is individual to each person. Some hid it better than others. Just like an announcer who was an offensive player will be biased towards that side of the ball when calling things. Human nature.

Also the large media markets dominate things because that is where the money is. A bias but not personal. If Seattle became a top 3 media market then they would get all the press as well. This applies to legacy teams as well.

Also going against the grain when talking about things also gets ratings. Controversy and all that. Lets not kid ourselves about how sensitive this fan base is. If anyone criticizes or picks against us then shame on them. Once again driving up there ratings. Kind of self fulfilling for us.

I watch and listen to an unhealthy amount of sports talk, and I have for the better part of 30 years. Both local and national.

Other than the random Skip Bayless who only says crazy crap to troll and get ratings, I've yet to notice any perceived media bias against the Hawks, or any other Seattle sports team.

The issue here is not the national media, it's us. There are too many thin skinned relatively new homer Hawk fans that can't handle when media people, other players, analysts, broadcasters or anyone saying negative things about our beloved Seahawks.

So THAT'S perceived on here as a bias against us. Thus the dozens of threads started each and every month, like the one we're posting on now.

Largent80

Reaction score
cymatica":1clxie2t said:
gowazzu02":1clxie2t said:
Largent80":1clxie2t said:
cymatica":1clxie2t said:
Reminds me of the patriots game this year. No one gsve them a chance. Look what happened

I picked us to win.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a big game for me, normally im the knock on wood, don't jynx us type of guy. But with all the hullaballoo on this board before I had enough and was battling with the nega hawks fans. I guaranteed a W. It changed my lead up to games since.

And YES we will beat Atlanta this weekend.

I gave us a win too and have almost the same feeling

I do too again. I have the same exact feeling about us winning.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
luigi_sal":2zgfg2ha said:
This match looks perfect to gain confidence and reach the SB, the opportunity to send a message to the whole league and stand up saying: here we are!!

Dont know why....but what you said brought this memory back to me....

[youtube]BdIev12fCPs[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Truth, the worship for Atlanta, GB, Dallas etc. is just pathetic.
Especially when the Hawks have done WAY more than any of those teams the last number of years.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Atlanta is a much better team than Detroit, but very beatable.

I want to see a chippy, angry Hawks step onto the field, hungry for a brawl.

If that version shows up, I see the Falcons starting to cower by the 2nd quarter and we roll from there.

If we start off slow and allow them to think we're not so tough, there could be trouble.

Curb stomp 'em quick and ask who's next.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Even if there were media bias against us, I wouldn't worry. I mean if you ask other team's fans, the NFL wants the Seahawks to win and the refs are in our pocket. :lol: