When to be the LOUDEST at Seahawks games

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
ALL GAME LONG!

To all 12s going to a Seahawks game (especially this Sunday), I have a request/reminder of when to get loud during the games.

Many 12s on this forum are aware its a badge of honor to be leaving the game with a headache and/or raspy voice from yelling.

I've been a STH since 2008, been to every game except the Jets game last year and I have been concerned by the timing of the peak loudness during our games. Below are by tips, feel free to share yours in the comments.

Tips:
Keep drinking fluids during the game: whatever you want to keep your vocal cords ready
Look for network controllers on the sideline (usually near the sideline by the replay tent), they usually wear neon orange gloves to tell the ref when to perform a TV timeout, if you seem them make an X symbol, the game is pausing. Don't get loud if you see this, save your vocal cords for the optimal moments.
Cough drops and aspirin are good to bring too.

Example:
orange-gloves-timeout.jpg

When to be the loudest:
From raising the 12th Man Flag through the kickoff
When the opposing team's offense is on the field, every down util they punt the ball away.
Get loud BEFORE they begin to form the shape of a HUDDLE and DON'T STOP until the ball is SNAPPED. This is a key moment to disrupt any communication. This is when false starts and delay of game penalties happen the most.

The common theme I have noticed is we hit peak noise as the opposing team's offense lines up on the LOS, this is a great time to be loud, but we can do much better.

Let's give our team's opponent hell!

Please share this with everyone you know going to a game.

muxpux

Reaction score
yeah, i know it wears on the voice, but ive never understood people not ramping up during/before the huddle. i know thats a lot of yelling, but man. and as for the orange glove guys, never seen that. interesting.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I alternate between whistling and yelling, to keep the chords fresh.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love when Niners fans tell me that if they can just get to the 4th quarter, the noise level will be much lower. How cute, keep telling yourselves that.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Quiet on offense folks - Ram Rules #1 (for folks that need a source)

HawkMeat

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3o3sc7q9 said:

I am amazed people just don't know this. At least the Hawks didn't put out a terrible video like "Ram Rules".

I am hoping the new fans at the games this year learn when to be loud and when to be quiet quickly for this big game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":vz3t7qya said:
I love when Niners fans tell me that if they can just get to the 4th quarter, the noise level will be much lower. How cute, keep telling yourselves that.

This week it won't matter. The Crowd knows it has affected Kaeperstank.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HawkMeat":106c63k9 said:
ClumsyLurk":106c63k9 said:

I am amazed people just don't know this. At least the Hawks didn't put out a terrible video like "Ram Rules".

I am hoping the new fans at the games this year learn when to be loud and when to be quiet quickly for this big game.

Huh??? The Fans learn to be quiet? Have you ever actually BEEN to a game? The "new fans" ? Which ones are those?

I gotta tell ya.. For some reason, the Troll Detection Mechanism just triggered a slight reading.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Netters do have a job to do at the game. When the 9ers go no huddle you have to jack your section up, and make sure they don't pause the noise (many fans miss that a team shifted to a no huddle)

This will be the loudest game in NFL history

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You scream your loudest while they're grouping up in the huddle, take a breather after they break up to go to the line, and resume as they're setting on the line, then resume breathing once the snap happens. It's not realistic or feasible to just scream the entire time the offense is on the field, and if it is, you're not screaming hard enough.

Just my opinion...

OP
OP
seahwkfvr

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1q91kunb said:
Does the loudest fan base in the NFL need to be told rules on how to be loud during the game?
These aren't rules, they are suggestions on how to be louder during the most ideal moments

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im 90% sure Ive seen this posted before..almost word for word..years ago. I think at that point it actually included at what point in the play clock i was meant to be loud.

Nothing factually wrong in the post..but its a bit weird to be told when to do it..

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im 90% sure Ive seen this posted before..almost word for word..years ago. I think at that point it actually included at what point in the play clock i was meant to be loud.

Nothing factually wrong in the post..but its a bit weird to be told when to do it..

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":heee1trn said:
Does the loudest fan base in the NFL need to be told rules on how to be loud during the game?

I can tell you from long experience, no.

When I found out we would have an open air stadium, my biggest concern was the noise reduction and overall affect. The Kingdome in the 80s was remarkable like that.

It was retained though and those same fans know exactly what to do. They are the example of crowd noise.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1hclec2b said:
It was retained though and those same fans know exactly what to do. They are the example of crowd noise.

Sorry, the crowd has been lacking over the last couple of years. Truth.

OP
OP
seahwkfvr

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
Vetamur":26n2180f said:

It's likely new fans and those who have never been to a game know when to be loud. It's an honest mistake that the crowd is the loudest after the team breaks the huddle. I'm just trying to spread the word to increase our effectiveness.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We are the loudest fan base in the NFL, but every time I go to a game, I see a LOT of people not giving it their all; and a significant amount of people not even bothering to make any noise while the opposing team is in the huddle. We have a lot of room for improvement, still.

OP
OP
seahwkfvr

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":228j0fzm said:
We are the loudest fan base in the NFL, but every time I go to a game, I see a LOT of people not giving it their all; and a significant amount of people not even bothering to make any noise while the opposing team is in the huddle. We have a lot of room for improvement, still.
I completely agree with you 100%, this is why I wrote this post and why people that already know this information should share it with others around you