When will Holmgren Raise the 12 Flag?

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Someone in the Seahawks organization doesn't like him, otherwise how does one explain this huge oversight?

Allowing Hutch to raise the 12 flag but not Holmgren is just WRONG. Come on Jodie, make this happen...it's time.

KJR, whay aren't you reporting on this?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Holmgren should be in the ROH along with Hass.

But certainly Holmgren should be raising the 12 Flag. At this rate the organization will have Ruskell raising the flag before Holmgren.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3db68055 said:
Holmgren should be in the ROH along with Hass.

But certainly Holmgren should be raising the 12 Flag. At this rate the organization will have Ruskell raising the flag before Holmgren.
:pukeface:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Tons of idiots that don't deserve it get to do it. MMA fighters, "famous" people that were born here get to.
It's become kinda meaningless to me now. I know fans more deserving than some of the people they chose.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The better question is when are they going to change the damn number font and colors on the flag to the current scheme? It's only been 7 years or so.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1couocc4 said:
Tons of idiots that don't deserve it get to do it. MMA fighters, "famous" people that were born here get to.
It's become kinda meaningless to me now. I know fans more deserving than some of the people they chose.

Would it be better if we just had Largent raise it every week?

It's one of the best traditions in the NFL. Sad you've allowed cynicism to creep in and tarnish your opinion of it.

Rat

Reaction score
Probably waiting for the perfect time. It's supposed to be a special honor, and you can't just throw the Walrus out there during a week 12 game against the 2-10 Jets. We weren't going to do it in the playoffs when Paul Allen was an option. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an appearance the next time we get a home playoff game.

Rat

Reaction score
The guy I'm mad about is Washington native Bob Barker. Come on, how much longer are we going to have that option? That would fire the crowd up: who the hell doesn't love Bob freakin' Barker?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Rat":2f0mlppn said:
The guy I'm mad about is Washington native Bob Barker. Come on, how much longer are we going to have that option? That would fire the crowd up: who the hell doesn't love Bob freakin' Barker?

Didn't Drew Carey do it once? Close enough.

Rat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1nbfsgjk said:
Rat":1nbfsgjk said:

Carey might be my favorite celebrity in the world; definitely top 5, but everyone knows he's a Cleveland guy. I don't recall Barker ever expressing any special favoritism, but still... he's awesome and he's from here.

sutz

Reaction score
Rat":3nsj7hrz said:
Seanhawk":3nsj7hrz said:
Rat":3nsj7hrz said:

Carey might be my favorite celebrity in the world; definitely top 5, but everyone knows he's a Cleveland guy. I don't recall Barker ever expressing any special favoritism, but still... he's awesome and he's from here.
Carey is part owner of the Sounders. That's why he got a flag raising.

Rat

Reaction score
sutz":xqx6v9r0 said:
Rat":xqx6v9r0 said:
Seanhawk":xqx6v9r0 said:
Rat":xqx6v9r0 said:

Ah, that's cool. I probably knew that and forgot. I'm not from the area, and don't follow the MLS, but that makes sense of why they would have him do it.

sutz

Reaction score
Rat":8w5h2clb said:
sutz":8w5h2clb said:
Rat":8w5h2clb said:
Seanhawk":8w5h2clb said:

Ah, that's cool. I probably knew that and forgot. I'm not from the area, and don't follow the MLS, but that makes sense of why they would have him do it.
He's actually a huge backer as far as I know. He's been a part of it from the beginning.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":22dotxfl said:

Were you mad they let Starlord do it?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Maulbert":kp1sjulb said:
ZorntoLargent":kp1sjulb said:

What is a Starlord?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
ZorntoLargent":2glta0x4 said:
Maulbert":2glta0x4 said:
ZorntoLargent":2glta0x4 said:

What is a Starlord?

Not as high on the scale as a Timelord, but definitely a step above Edgelord.

Holmgren will raise the flag, but it'll have to wait until another big playoff game. Maybe this year's NFC Championship game.

I too will raise it someday, and it will be glorious!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets to do it soon. Was hoping he'd be the flag raiser when they played the Steelers a few years back.

Side note: it would be awesome to see normal fans raise it. I wouldnt mind if they did a year round contest, similar to winning the truck they have up there, to get a chance to raise the flag.
Also, kids a Seattle Children's who are able to leave the hospital for a little bit should get to raise it too.
And Mama Blue needs to raise the flag once a year