When will Santa Clara win a game in their new stadium?

Barakas

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qheocv5 said:
Their next home game is week four against Philly. I'm guessing they'll lose that one, too; week five is home against the Chiefs. So, I'm guessing their first home win in the new Taintedstick Park is week five against a pretty crappy Chiefs team, though I could see Alex Smith getting lucky and beating them, too.

ROFL. The Seahawks losing feels a lot less bitter now.

Levi's Stadium is cursed!! :lol:

Don't underestimate an ex-49er QB turned KC QB returning to the homeland and winning. I'm not a 49er historian but I'm pretty sure that has happened once before.

What's the saying...."Hell hath no fury like a QB scorned"...or something like that. :)

Besides, they pushed Denver to the very end yesterday so it's not like they are completely crappy this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Barakas":1lbzf8to said:
RolandDeschain":1lbzf8to said:
Their next home game is week four against Philly. I'm guessing they'll lose that one, too; week five is home against the Chiefs. So, I'm guessing their first home win in the new Taintedstick Park is week five against a pretty crappy Chiefs team, though I could see Alex Smith getting lucky and beating them, too.

Don't underestimate an ex-49er QB turned KC QB returning to the homeland and winning. I'm not a 49er historian but I'm pretty sure that has happened once before.

What's the saying...."Hell hath no fury like a QB scorned"...or something like that. :)

Besides, they pushed Denver to the very end yesterday so it's not like they are completely crappy this year.
Meh, Kansas City always plays Denver almost good enough. Fact is they should have won the game but found a way to lose.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
That was mostly on Kap. Terrible accuracy from the very first start of the game. Though, he WAS running through his progressions. But that probably only makes it worse. Bad accuracy from first through to last throw of the game.

That being said, why you don't start running the ball when up 17-0 is beyond me. Frank Gore... and Hyde looks phenomenal. Hyde was shut down. Bears D avg allowing 5 yards a carry or something. Horrible decision to keep throwing when up 17-0. Especially when seeing how inaccurate of a day Kap was having.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":9fqfvpco said:
Still sitting in the seats here at Levi's so will have to watch later, but initial thoughts?

...OMG that was a lot of penalties (no idea if they were good calls or not) and Colin had himself a horrific game.

Good to see your boy Kraepernick is living up to his ability.

SF49r

Reaction score
seahawksflow":5n5eximn said:
That was mostly on Kap. Terrible accuracy from the very first start of the game. Though, he WAS running through his progressions. But that probably only makes it worse. Bad accuracy from first through to last throw of the game.

That being said, why you don't start running the ball when up 17-0 is beyond me. Frank Gore... and Hyde looks phenomenal. Hyde was shut down. Bears D avg allowing 5 yards a carry or something. Horrible decision to keep throwing when up 17-0. Especially when seeing how inaccurate of a day Kap was having.
Greg Roman. Also Bears were doing a very good job against the run game.

Largent80

Reaction score
:lol: Beat by the Bears.... :lol:

I was at yesterdays game in SD. We stopped in Temecula to take a break and eat on the way home. The 9ers were up 10-0 at that point. I got home 1 1/2 later and that loss just made me SO happy, I am literally laughing my ass off.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":3bjg7mva said:
:lol: Beat by the Bears.... :lol:

I was at yesterdays game in SD. We stopped in Temecula to take a break and eat on the way home. The 9ers were up 10-0 at that point. I got home 1 1/2 later and that loss just made me SO happy, I am literally laughing my ass off.
Basically salvaged our debacle. It would not have been fun to see both Arizona and San Francisco 2-0 especially given how the schedule plays out.

Can't blame anything but the fact that San Diego beat us straight up. You rarely win a game when the other team has it for 42+ minutes. They did the exact same to Denver last year but the second time around Denver adjusted and blew them away so we haven't been exposed or anything San Diego just executed to perfection end of story.

Largent80

Reaction score
You know what?...I was at the game yesterday, and I didn't see a debacle.

What I saw was a team prepared for the conditions, a short passing game to get 1st downs and keep the D on the field. It worked. By the way, it wasn't hot..... :roll:

Not so for SC....[youtube]SKm5xQyD2vE[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":2ma94jht said:
You know what?...I was at the game yesterday, and I didn't see a debacle.

What I saw was a team prepared for the conditions, a short passing game to get 1st downs and keep the D on the field. It worked. By the way, it wasn't hot..... :roll:

Not so for SC....[youtube]SKm5xQyD2vE[/youtube]
Yes it was a debacle. But like I said San Diego flat outplayed us it happens especially when you let the other team have the ball for over 67% of the time. Your odds of winning are slim because you get caught in a vicsious cycle of having your offense sit and your defense on the field far too long. Bad things happen with the combination. Funny thing is that is the only guaranteed way to beat an elite offense and quarterback. Interesting yes?

Blaming the loss on the heat like it was the primary factor is just an excuse. We are talking about highly conditioned world class athletes here so it should have been handled far better then by the average person. Convert 75% of your 3rd down conversions and your odds of winning are very good. Stop a team on 3rd down 50% of the time and you actually give your offense a chance to have the ball more then 30 plays and 17 minutes.

Largent80

Reaction score
If our all pro safety Earl Thomas says the heat was a huge effect, and since I was there, Ima going with Earl.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":f18ljglg said:
If our all pro safety Earl Thomas says the heat was a huge effect, and since I was there, Ima going with Earl.
I will just agree to disagree with you then. Because I happen to believe it was the fact that San Diego had a great game plan, we messed up on several occasions, they executed their game plan to perfection and our defense couldn't stop a 3rd down conversion to save their lives. Heat was a factor but in no way was it the primary factor of losing. The primary factor was San Diego outplayed us and are a good team. So we either learn from it and move on or we don't and keep losing.

I'm figuring we move on while learning from it. Adjust and keep winning.

Largent80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1r4nwps4 said:
Largent80":1r4nwps4 said:
I will just agree to disagree with you then. Because I happen to believe it was the fact that San Diego had a great game plan, we messed up on several occasions, they executed their game plan to perfection and our defense couldn't stop a 3rd down conversion to save their lives. Heat was a factor but in no way was it the primary factor of losing. The primary factor was San Diego outplayed us and are a good team. So we either learn from it and move on or we don't and keep losing.

Disagree with Earl not me, he said it and I echo it, I was there, I watched it live, I experienced it, and I agree, we could not stop the short dink offense yesterday. KJ Wright should be embarrased, Smith should be embarrased, Irvin?... :pukeface:

I hope Ken Norton Jr. rips them apart in practice this week.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Largent80":3tc9jxel said:
MizzouHawkGal":3tc9jxel said:
Largent80":3tc9jxel said:

Disagree with Earl not me, he said it and I echo it, I was there, I watched it live, I experienced it, and I agree, we could not stop the short dink offense yesterday. KJ Wright should be embarrased, Smith should be embarrased, Irvin?... :pukeface:

I agree with the bolded, and it is also pretty much what exactly PC said in his presser. Heat was definitely a factor, but it wasn't the deciding factor.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1erp1y4x said:

I think teams like the Panthers, Hawks, and 9ers match up pretty well against the Eagles. That said, the Eagles offense is pretty unpredictable in that it can be absolutely unstoppable one week and never even really start up the next week.

As for the Chiefs, they're less talented version of the Hawks, Panthers, or 9ers and just beat up on the rest of the AFC in the first half of last season.

They're hot start in 2012/2013 also makes people forget that since the bye last year they've been 3-7. They've only beaten an awful Redskins and awful Raiders team (combined 7-25), and a Titans team that this year went on to get blown out by the Cowboys, who, if this forum is to believed, was the worst team in the NFL when the 9ers beat them last week.

So, the 9ers could lose one of these two games for sure (ahem, last night :lol:), but I REALLY don't see them losing both of them. If they do they might as well pack it in and get ready for next year.

Basically, my feelings are that the 9ers just had an epic meltdown last night and deserved to lose because of it. In two games they've gone up 28-3 and 17-0. Not that they'll do that every week, but that's nothing to sniff at, and epic meltdowns don't happen over and over and over again.

If anything, while the 9ers have been disappointing, so has the rest of the NFC really. I think they've still got as good of a shot at the WC slot as anybody, and not because of their play, but because everyone else has kind of stunk too (Saints are 0-2, the whole NFC North is 1-1 and not looking too great, I don't think Cardinals fans even really believe in the Cardinals right now, and the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants don't really scare anybody). I'd MUCH rather feel good about my team because they look good, but I guess their competition not looking too hot either so far is better than nothing. :lol:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":259kosg2 said:
MizzouHawkGal":259kosg2 said:
Largent80":259kosg2 said:

Well I disagree with Earl then. ;)

Largent80

Reaction score
Disagree, and then ask our linebackers to play. Chargers burned them more than the sun, tip your hat and move on.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":252nnxzd said:
Still sitting in the seats here at Levi's so will have to watch later, but initial thoughts?

...OMG that was a lot of penalties (no idea if they were good calls or not) and Colin had himself a horrific game.

Hey Marvin, serious question: did they ever sort out the transpiration problems or does it still take forever and a day to get home after a game?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":vkh0uzpu said:
Marvin49":vkh0uzpu said:

Hey Marvin, serious question: did they ever sort out the transpiration problems or does it still take forever and a day to get home after a game?

Adding on: Marvin, how'd the field seem to hold up? It looked fine from the broadcast, but I couldn't get wider, consistent view you had from the stadium.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":1b5wo9o2 said:
Can you link me to what he said, verbatim; or the video he said it in? I'm curious to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Perhaps they should take some PED's for a little kick start?

I bet Jimmy boy's picking out a nice electric blue turtle neck to match his ridiculous trousers as we speak. Go Michigan!