When will we hold Pete accountable for

Largent80

Reaction score
Held accountable by who???...a message board fan?...Ha, there's your answer.

I love me some Pete. So grateful for him. Thank you my bro Pete Carroll.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thx for posting those, Seymour. Surprising that those numbers are so close. It just feels like they get off to a slow start so often. But clearly Russ has done better than he gets credit for. Leaving points on the board and iffy at best Defense also contributes. But, when your coach has 100 wins over 10 season, and a ridiculous amount of playoff appearances and two super bowls etc. It's pretty hard to be THAT unhappy with the guy. I like him as a coach, a lot. Again, just because someone might have some criticism, that doesn't mean they want Pete gone.
His time management and stubborn nature drives you crazy, but it's hard to argue with the results.
Now, if we didn't have Russ the last 8 years? Scary thought. But at the same time, you could say that about any coach with a great QB. You don't win with JUST a great QB, or JUST a solid coach. They go hand in hand more often than not. Other than the Cowboys under Switzer, they basically just coached themselves :lol:
That all being said, people on the Radio today calling for him to be fired? You gotta' be kidding me. :?

Seymour

Reaction score
No problem, facts over hot air any day. :roll:

Part of the misconception is this season he came out on fire in the 3rd Q and actually dropped off in the 4th.

3rd Q he hit 72.4% of his passes and held an unreal (unsustainable obviously to non haters) 117 passer rating.

But lets hold him "accountable" for not being super human 4 straight quarters. :177692:

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/situationalstats

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As long as he wins, I don't care what it looks like. Get that W, even if our hearts may explode in the 4th quarter.
Sure I'd like to see them put up more points in the 1st half, but we are FANS, what we want means squat really.

Seymour

Reaction score
As much as the play calling can be irritating to watch, Pete should actually be more criticized on defense given that is his strength. Why have we missed on so many safeties and DB's in both FA and the draft when that was his absolute strength building the LOB. From 1st to near worst is a long hard fall (total defense) Seems he couldn't miss early on now we are well below average in pass D (27th in 2019).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, for so many years, the D seems to get a pass. They have been average at best the last couple seasons.

Seafan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gewnyuyx said:
Conservative first halves?

They are indefensible. We have Russell mother-freaking Wilson. Judge him by the 2nd halves only for his career and he's the greatest QB to ever live.

Pete Carroll stubbornly insists on conservative, bland, highly predictable offensive game plans for the first halves of games and that ONLY works effectively if we have a truly great defense or we're playing a really bad defense.

To those that want to blame tonight on the injuries...then how the hell do we perform infinitely better in the second half of virtually every game?

Also, in case anybody laughingly thought this isn't a common theme; in the last few divisional playoff games alone, notice a theme?

YOU CAN'T PISS AWAY THE FIRST HALF OF EVERY GAME AND EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST QUALITY OPPONENTS!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/1216553470355918849[/tweet]

Sue him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Belichick ? Haha! How long do you think Procise would languish on his roster? Talk about always competing? He’ll cut a guy during the season. Now I do have an observation / question about the slow starts ... I don’t recall who said it but during the San Fran loss we ran a play early in the game that was not close to successful. The announcer said that it was a throw away play designed to get a read on how the defense would react to our formation. I wonder how much of our early possessions are designed to do just that?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If someone has access to one of the paid advance stats websites that might have this data, I would love to know what percentage of our points come from each "quadrant" of drives for every year we've had Wilson. I don't mean by quarter; I mean, if we have 14 drives in a game, how many points come from the first 3.5 drives, the second 3.5 drives, the 3rd 3.5 drives, and the 4th 3.5 drives, regardless of which quarters or what time on the clock those occur at.

I'm pretty sure our numbers for this would look like an outlier compared to other perennially successful NFL teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2mc2l9bc said:
If someone has access to one of the paid advance stats websites that might have this data, I would love to know what percentage of our points come from each "quadrant" of drives for every year we've had Wilson. I don't mean by quarter; I mean, if we have 14 drives in a game, how many points come from the first 3.5 drives, the second 3.5 drives, the 3rd 3.5 drives, and the 4th 3.5 drives, regardless of which quarters or what time on the clock those occur at.

I'm pretty sure our numbers for this would look like an outlier compared to other perennially successful NFL teams.

h so compare us to the Patriots :)

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1s3tnuja said:
I don’t recall who said it but during the San Fran loss we ran a play early in the game that was not close to successful. The announcer said that it was a throw away play designed to get a read on how the defense would react to our formation. I wonder how much of our early possessions are designed to do just that?

Isn't that what practice and film study is for? That's the kind of conservatism I can't stand. That and the plays where it's obvious that they're not going to try and convert (ex. 3rd & long). A 60 minute game with big implications is not the time to feel things out.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Good question, Roland.

Whatever the numbers, I think we're all in agreement that the D-line needs to improve, and it's gonna take more than Clowney and Green to do that.

We need another vet but can really gamble on just one guy. People want Dante Fowler. My question is: What does his current team's fanbase largely think about him? I do follow Detroit's fan boards, and they weren't upset with Ansah at all. They were pretty much saying a year ago what we found out to be true. The Diggs departure on the other hand got Lions fans pretty upset. I'm sure Slay would too. I know it's not hard quant, but I hope JC/JS peruse fan boards now that there's time to do it.

And then there's the draft. What I don't want is what happened last year, with JC/JS losing out on Montez Sweat and then being in panic-buyer mode, drafting an older prospect (24) whom they expected to help out in Year One. A Pick 27 ain't gonna help anymore than a Pick 29 in a lean edge-rusher draft. PC/JS get more picks right in the later rounds and invest less, both of which I'd rather see this year.