When will we hold Pete accountable for

D

DomeHawk

scutterhawk":yv7jufbh said:
RolandDeschain":yv7jufbh said:
Flyingsquad23":yv7jufbh said:
So tell me Roland since you’re the smartest guy on this whole site, if the Hawks score 30 in the first half and lose on a last second FG does the L feel different, do they get to play on because they scored a bunch in the first half.
The only and I mean the only score that ever matters is the game winning score. Which in this case came on the Packers first possession of the 3rd qtr. at 4:54 of the 4th the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win, how they got there was irrelevant at that moment. I would also add that because of good clock management the Hawks had a chance at 2:19 & 2:00 for the D to stop the Pack on 3rd down to have yet another chance to make all the plays that came before irrelevant.
I'm not the smartest guy on the whole site. Since you don't understand the topic of this thread, I feel comfortable saying I'm smarter than you, though.

Here's USA Today calling out Carroll for the same crap being discussed in this thread, by the way: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/pete-c ... ks-packers
USA Today JUST LIKE YOU have it wrong.....Neither you nor them got Paul Allen & the Seahawks fans their FIRST LOMBARDI...PETE DID!!!!!!!!
SNIVELERS GONNA SNIVEL, That's what they do best :177692:

PC apologists come out of the woodwork, just like they did with Bevell/Cable.

We got in the playoffs this year because we had RW, not PC.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
That’s your opinion, no possible way for you to prove your case. And I never once said things couldn’t or shouldn’t be changed. I personally believe that what Pete does can and will win many more games, even more championships.... if the team executes more consistently. Could they win in another way, sure but every single system can be beat on any given Sunday.

morgulon1

Reaction score
cymatica":t3410kjz said:
Flyingsquad23":t3410kjz said:
John63":t3410kjz said:
Let me help, you can win the game in the qst half you can score, gain confidence, demoralize the other team and most importantly control the tempo, and out come. But most importantly you can take the officiating, luck plays, and crowd out of it. PC does not do it and in fact hinders it.

For one you’re not helping anyone, now tell me how the Texans gained confidence and demoralized their opponent and controlled the tempo and the “outcome” of the game by scoring 24 in the first quarter.

Tell me how a PC team with a 2-5 record and -99 point differential in the first half of divisional round games is a recipe for success. Being down 20 pts on avg in the first half indicates something is wrong with the gameplan

This is the answer. No matter what youre planning on doing as a team. Being down 3 touchdowns at the end of the first half shouldnt be one of them, and if it does happen it's a failure

falcongoggles

Reaction score
This is not a hard concept to understand. Look at win probability. If you get ahead 24-0, you have a 95+% chance of winning the game. Just because the Chiefs were able to make a historic comeback does not invalidate these win probabilities. It just means the Chiefs were part of the 1-5% of win percentage. The other 95? The team that gets out front wins. This is not hard.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
And as referenced in the USA Today article, the Hawks had a 1.8% chance of winning at halftime. That is NOT where you want to be. That is not a gameplan, but a white surrender flag.

John63

Reaction score
morgulon1":3s1bs2ue said:
cymatica":3s1bs2ue said:
Flyingsquad23":3s1bs2ue said:
John63":3s1bs2ue said:
Let me help, you can win the game in the qst half you can score, gain confidence, demoralize the other team and most importantly control the tempo, and out come. But most importantly you can take the officiating, luck plays, and crowd out of it. PC does not do it and in fact hinders it.

For one you’re not helping anyone, now tell me how the Texans gained confidence and demoralized their opponent and controlled the tempo and the “outcome” of the game by scoring 24 in the first quarter.

Tell me how a PC team with a 2-5 record and -99 point differential in the first half of divisional round games is a recipe for success. Being down 20 pts on avg in the first half indicates something is wrong with the gameplan

This is the answer. No matter what youre planning on doing as a team. Being down 3 touchdowns at the end of the first half shouldnt be one of them, and if it does happen it's a failure

Bingo, especially when we don't need to be.

BASF

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25t4zsus said:
Here's USA Today calling out Carroll for the same crap being discussed in this thread, by the way: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/pete-c ... ks-packers

That article is ridiculously stupid. If you want to sit here and critique Pete for wanting to establish the run, do not do it with the Packers game as your example. The "writer" of the article even admits he doesn't know what establishing the run means. The Packers had one less rush attempt in their first series than the Seahawks had in the first half. The fact is that the difference between the Packers this year and the past couple of seasons, is that they focused on defense in free agency (this is what finally got Holmgren to the Super Bowl in Green Bay) and they made more of an emphasis on the running game than leaning on Rodgers. Sound familiar? Sounds like what Carroll is getting dragged for.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/14/21064982/seattle-seahawks-pete-carroll-slow-postseason-first-halves-nfl-statistics[/urltargetblank]

another article saying the same thing

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BASF":1xvjbwax said:
RolandDeschain":1xvjbwax said:

That article is ridiculously stupid. If you want to sit here and critique Pete for wanting to establish the run, do not do it with the Packers game as your example. The "writer" of the article even admits he doesn't know what establishing the run means. The Packers had one less rush attempt in their first series than the Seahawks had in the first half. The fact is that the difference between the Packers this year and the past couple of seasons, is that they focused on defense in free agency (this is what finally got Holmgren to the Super Bowl in Green Bay) and they made more of an emphasis on the running game than leaning on Rodgers. Sound familiar? Sounds like what Carroll is getting dragged for.
I'm pretty sure the not understanding what it means to establish the run thing is tongue-in-cheek, which you didn't pick up on.

Take your pick of games, the point is valid and demonstrated frequently throughout each year. You won't agree though, because you'd have already long since seen it and understood it and not disagreed to begin with otherwise.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Here's another article that's fair in describing the team. They list the positives and actually feel the Hawks probably overachieved, but they also pointed out the negatives too.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/13 ... ell-wilson

"Too often, Carroll seemed to be coaching as if he had a game-manager quarterback and an all-world defense when he had just the opposite."

"Seattle’s banged-up offense got off to an excruciatingly slow start, mustering just three first-half points while falling into a deep 21-3 hole. Carroll waited far too long to unleash Wilson, which forced his star quarterback into comeback mode. With a deficit that big, Wilson had to play pretty much perfect football in the second half. Unfortunately, he could not;"

BASF

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gxd3jnqh said:
BASF":gxd3jnqh said:
RolandDeschain":gxd3jnqh said:

I'm pretty sure the not understanding what it means to establish the run thing is tongue-in-cheek, which you didn't pick up on.

Take your pick of games, the point is valid and demonstrated frequently throughout each year. You won't agree though, because you'd have already long since seen it and understood it and not disagreed to begin with otherwise.

The problem is that you are going off feelings, while I am actually looking at the play by play's of those games and watching highlights to see what actually happened. The games that your side keeps bringing up is the divisional losses and looking back at those games, the only one that fits into the run heavy "tried to establish the run" is the 2016 loss to the Falcons, where Rawls was featured in the first drive and we actually scored a TD. All the other games had maybe one drive where the series was run heavy. One.

If you want to go by the Cowboys game last year, I agree we tried to run more than I would have liked, however, what did you expect? We were far better running the ball than passing last season. As much as they tried to say that Baldwin was healthy, he never looked right and his subsequent retirement would back up the fact that he was not going to make an impact in that game. Vannett was overrrated and the three and four receivers are not impact players.

We were a deeply flawed team in the past two seasons and it is only because Carroll is as good as he is that we were in the playoffs at all. My problem with all this, "Carroll is holding us back to the point that we are always down big at the half," is each of you are focusing on not scoring enough points. If you were bringing up the fact that our defensive scheme has been figured out and that these teams that have two weeks to prepare for the personnel we have that season are shredding our defenses early and then hanging on to beat us, I'd be right there with you, but no. You are beating the wrong drum.

getnasty

Reaction score
AubHawk71":2ogr4aaa said:
One series, previous to a punt, in the 2nd half:

Run Marshawn up the middle: Gain of 1

Run Marshawn up the middle: No gain

Run Marshawn up the middle: No gain

Punt.

Inspired!

This is wrong, we punted once in the 2nd half and that was after a Turner drop. No run plays were called on that drive. John63 might call a sack a run play though so if you count that then yes a run play was called.

Tical21

Reaction score
When will we hold Russell Wilson accountable for terrible first halves?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it's his fault the play calling is ultra conservative. It's also not his fault he has a swiss cheese o-line in front of him. And a below average Defense. The entire TEAM needs to play better in the 1st half. Which has been brought up 737,223 times in 12,243 threads.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tical21":3c10dj75 said:

His first halves aren't all that too dissimilar to his 2nd halves.

Stats...

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
All I know is it sure would be nice to see what a full season of solid o-line play looked like. It's been so long I don't remember.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2yy0c0ah said:
I'm not sure how it's his fault the play calling is ultra conservative. It's also not his fault he has a swiss cheese o-line in front of him. And a below average Defense. The entire TEAM needs to play better in the 1st half. Which has been brought up 737,223 times in 12,243 threads.
The others are fair points, but i can say with 100% certainty that the play calling is not ultra conservative. Over the years, they've tried a billion different methods to get him into the flow earlier in games, and or whatever reason, he just doesn't let it fly until he gets determined to do so.

Tical21

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1e9g4zyp said:
Tical21":1e9g4zyp said:

His first halves aren't all that too dissimilar to his 2nd halves.

Stats...
They are in amount of time holding onto the ball

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":1h1fnx6e said:

When are you going to watch a game without your blinders on? Can you at least "attempt to post something factual"?? :roll:

Russell Wilson 2019

1st half
278/180 64.7% 16TD 2 Int PR 107

2nd half
279/188 67.4% 16TD 2 Int PR 107.8

But don't let facts get in the way of your Wilson hate. :pukeface:

Latest posts