One series, previous to a punt, in the 2nd half:

Run Marshawn up the middle: Gain of 1

Run Marshawn up the middle: No gain

Punt.

Inspired!

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think the large deficits come several sources, turnovers, untimely penalties and failure to execute play calls on O&D.
The Offense had several opportunities to score in the first half where sacks and a missed FG killed drives. That sure looks like a failure of execution. Any play can work at any given time if executed properly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AubHawk71":22t7mc1p said:

Punt.

Inspired!

This never happened.

There was a series in the first half they went Lynch for 8, Lynch for 1, Lynch for no gain.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3vy25uha said:

Punt.

Inspired!

They had 6 RB carries in the first half. Can’t call play action if you never hand the ball off. And that series went like this.... 1st down 8 yard run and then 2 runs to try and pick up the 2 yards that everyone will remind you is easy to get with #24. I had no problem with those calls, if they block properly on 2nd or 3rd down they get it easy.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So no surprises, another game lost by lack-luster offense in the first half. Spending all game behind, too little too late. What will it take for Pete to finally adjust to a more productive offense in the first half? One that doesn't require an offensive line and RB to somehow get 4-5/yards a down despite everyone in the world knowing all you will be doing is running it on first and second down every play? BTW I'm not overreacting, its the same story in wins and losses.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I don't think so because pete got exactly what he wanted yesterday. if you ask him would you take your chance down 5 with 4 minutes to go would you take it. and 100% of the time I think he says yes instead of the opportunity of just playing the game and possibly being way ahead in the game. he basically plays not to lose and in most cases it works but in some he does lose. but yesterday was his dream scenario so in his mind everything worked. they just fell short but hes way to happy just to be in the situation.

for me id rather play balls out and try to win by 20 and in doing so also occasionally lose by 20. pete just wants every game within 5 one way or the other as if somehow close loses don't hurt as much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No Pete will never adjust, because he has a 30 year track record of his schemes and philosophies working, to the tune of SB trophies and college championships.

We're seeing his defensive scheme working in SF with Sallah, and we're seeing his offensive scheme working in Tennessee with Vrabel and pounding the rock opening up the passing game.

So while I'd love to see some minor tweaks to what Pete does, especially allowing Russell to go up tempo more when the offense is sputtering, I get why he wants to minimize possessions for the other team with physical ball control on offense and a fast aggressive defense.

So change? Nope, but if Pete DOES want to scheme as he does, he better significantly upgrade his defense. Because his schemes don't work without a top 10 defense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32kpgkox said:
No Pete will never adjust, because he has a 30 year track record of his schemes and philosophies working, to the tune of SB trophies and college championships.

We're seeing his defensive scheme working in SF with Sallah, and we're seeing his offensive scheme working in Tennessee with Vrabel and pounding the rock opening up the passing game.

So while I'd love to see some minor tweaks to what Pete does, especially allowing Russell to go up tempo more when the offense is sputtering, I get why he wants to minimize possessions for the other team with physical ball control on offense and a fast aggressive defense.

So change? Nope, but if Pete DOES want to scheme as he does, he better significantly upgrade his defense. Because his schemes don't work without a top 10 defense.
Well said! :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not in divisional playoff games they haven't. Not since the SB loss. Ever.

It works more often than not because more often than not the opposing team is either average or below average.

But playoff teams are above average, generally. (Eagles not withstanding) So it stops working.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1t3fc2bu said:
So tell me Roland since you’re the smartest guy on this whole site, if the Hawks score 30 in the first half and lose on a last second FG does the L feel different, do they get to play on because they scored a bunch in the first half.
The only and I mean the only score that ever matters is the game winning score. Which in this case came on the Packers first possession of the 3rd qtr. at 4:54 of the 4th the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win, how they got there was irrelevant at that moment. I would also add that because of good clock management the Hawks had a chance at 2:19 & 2:00 for the D to stop the Pack on 3rd down to have yet another chance to make all the plays that came before irrelevant.
I'm not the smartest guy on the whole site. Since you don't understand the topic of this thread, I feel comfortable saying I'm smarter than you, though.

Here's USA Today calling out Carroll for the same crap being discussed in this thread, by the way: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/pete-c ... ks-packers

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Pete limits the team I don’t care what his track record says. Wilson always saves his bacon because Wilson is elite. The two halves were night and day, its obnoxious football and as much as you all want to believe its a recipe for success its really not.

He’s stubborn because he’s won championships this way so thats all he knows but he’s missed a TON in the draft so it makes this strategy impossible.

And Yes, I do believe Russell is being wasted, draft/develop a competent o-line around him. Jesus, look at Mahomes.

SlickRick

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2ziznb76 said:
Pete limits the team I don’t care what his track record says. Wilson always saves his bacon because Wilson is elite. The two halves were night and day, its obnoxious football and as much as you all want to believe its a recipe for success its really not.

He’s stubborn because he’s won championships this way so thats all he knows but he’s missed a TON in the draft so it makes this strategy impossible.

And Yes, I do believe Russell is being wasted, draft/develop a competent o-line around him. Jesus, look at Mahomes.

"""" cosign

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Well there it is, USA TODAY said it. I understand you want Pete held accountable, not sure as to what kind of punishment you require but I’m guessing fired or limited control. I think I’ve made it clear I think Pete’s formula is a proven winner, not undefeated but a winner. The times it has produced a first half deficit all have multiple execution break downs that facilitate the situation. If you think that Pete isn’t honest with his players in time of defeat I would wonder how any player let alone the hundreds of players that have bought in for him would ever stick around. He is not perfect he makes mistakes and he wins.

Many of the post I read here pound home how weak this team is at most of the key positions and then get mad when they lose a close game to teams that are better then them.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I like how that means nothing whatsoever should be changed with anything he does, Flyingsquad. Absolutely brilliant.

justafan

Reaction score
AubHawk71":131ol42n said:

Punt.

Inspired!
Actually it didnt happen like that. Lynch got 8 ,then 1 and we had 3rd and 1. Not that big of a deal. We didnt move it passing much either.

justafan

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1j7du0gk said:

Punt.

Inspired!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":378w561t said:
Flyingsquad23":378w561t said:
So tell me Roland since you’re the smartest guy on this whole site, if the Hawks score 30 in the first half and lose on a last second FG does the L feel different, do they get to play on because they scored a bunch in the first half.
The only and I mean the only score that ever matters is the game winning score. Which in this case came on the Packers first possession of the 3rd qtr. at 4:54 of the 4th the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win, how they got there was irrelevant at that moment. I would also add that because of good clock management the Hawks had a chance at 2:19 & 2:00 for the D to stop the Pack on 3rd down to have yet another chance to make all the plays that came before irrelevant.
I'm not the smartest guy on the whole site. Since you don't understand the topic of this thread, I feel comfortable saying I'm smarter than you, though.

Here's USA Today calling out Carroll for the same crap being discussed in this thread, by the way: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/pete-c ... ks-packers
USA Today JUST LIKE YOU have it wrong.....Neither you nor them got Paul Allen & the Seahawks fans their FIRST LOMBARDI...PETE DID!!!!!!!!
SNIVELERS GONNA SNIVEL, That's what they do best :177692:

Latest posts