Where's the love??? ( Lynch)

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Rocket":3o0xb8g6 said:
JSeahawks":3o0xb8g6 said:
Where's the hate
Not all screaming vile hate, just a few quick finds. I see it as surprising. YMMV
He's just embarrassing himself at this point.
his difficult personality wore on the coaches and many players this year
So many want him gone all the sudden
the one we relied on so heavily may have been a liability today
That's not hate.

Those are valid opinions and observations.

Is it hard for you to understand that because of his injuries and large salary we actually increase our chances of winning next year by getting rid of him?

Keeping lynch would hurt the Hawks. Thats not hate, it's logic.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2arzj86f said:
Rocket":2arzj86f said:
JSeahawks":2arzj86f said:
Where's the hate
Not all screaming vile hate, just a few quick finds. I see it as surprising. YMMV
He's just embarrassing himself at this point.
his difficult personality wore on the coaches and many players this year
So many want him gone all the sudden
the one we relied on so heavily may have been a liability today
That's not hate.

Those are valid opinions and observations.

Is it hard for you to understand that because of his injuries and large salary we actually increase our chances of winning next year by getting rid of him?

Keeping lynch would hurt the Hawks. Thats not hate, it's logic.
\

By who's opinion? I don't think he will be paid what his contract states, but you can't question his heart, or his work ethic and desire as well as a what kind of team mate he is Find someone that states he is a shitty team mate. The Harvin thing is all about loyalty, both sides of that coin but he is entitled to his opinion just as Kam is when it came to Williams.. He had a few carries today, that's hardly feeding him, the timing is on Bevell and Cable, your blaming him for their play call selection? They could have put in any of our other backs at anytime, but I know plays where he blocked two people at times, I guess the value doesn't matter if it's not a fantasy stat.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3dzi5gmx said:
For some reason, it bothered me to see Lynch walk off the field laughing it up with some Carolina player while Russell is contemplating what was with a towel draped over his head.

That he could laugh it off so easily was bothersome to me.
It didn't bother me. I mean, what was he supposed to do?

The game plan completely changed within the first 30 mins of the game. Beast Mode knew the rock was not going his way again. He blocked unselfishly. It makes me mad he came back only to have to struggle to make a comeback in 30 mins. The way he'll leave Seattle disappoints me.

That second ring, which would have been back to back, was his and the rest of the team were flat out robbed by their own coaching staff and their egos.

And it's not even like another ring will make up for it. It never will.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
I used to despise how Shaun smiled all the time, on the field, off the field, transitioning the field... but I learned that some guys do that and Shaun was a great running back, as is Marshawn. He smiles a lot like Shaun. I get it now. I saw him smiling walking off, but ya don't know what they were saying.

For those who need emotion and are willing to compare, watch the video interviews postgame with Sherman and Baldwin. One is laughing, one is clearly more emotional. Good friends, different behavior.

I think the decision is 100% money. If he restructures then we should keep him, cuz he hasn't shown any reason to dump him other than money. I think he'll restructure.

I just don't think we ought to be kicking the dude to the curb just yet... hence the question about the love.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I see the Seahawks releasing him and signing for 2 years in Oakland. He has done so much for his home city.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not seeing hate, just reality brother.

We ALL appreciate what Lynch has done for this team. The man is a warrior, period. He gave his entire body and soul to this team and for that I will always be forever grateful. I believe we all feel that way.

However, it's silly to pretend the distractions don't exist. That somehow his off the field antics don't have any bearing at all on the collective psyche of this organization. Of course it does. Someday we may know more of the details but there's no doubt in my mind that Lynch's behavior off the field has caused friction within the organization and I would even go as far as suggesting with some of the players as well.

I will miss Lynch's on the field, bruising, explosive plays. I will miss how he left it all on the field. I will miss his goofy persona and mystique.

I won't however, miss the distractions he caused. He came with baggage and we accepted that baggage because of the bad ass he was on the field.

I won't miss the baggage, but I WILL miss the warrior.

gmor

Reaction score
No hate. He's near the end of his career and making money that might be better utilized to keep other FA's. Fielding an offense that's more downfield oriented might be a better option going forward.

chris98251

Reaction score
You need the running game to compliment what we do, a pure passing game I think would be bottled up, Wilson needs to have that threat to do his magic, if not you rush like hell and make him do magic all the time, which will begin to falter the more he has to do it. Not to mention the amount of hits he would take throwing the ball 50 times a game.

Keep fantasy stats on teams that lose , they are the ones that have to throw it a lot.

peppersjap

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3atethha said:
wayuptherehawk":3atethha said:
...............but on the interception by Russ near the goal line, Lynch was to be the check down receiver. He was in position, but he was supposed to turn earlier. If he turns earlier, the ball is his for a small gain. It just looked like rust for the start......
That was all on Russ IMO. Horrible decision.
Agreed!!!

mrblitz

Reaction score
lynch is my favorite running back ever, but if he can't get at least 4+ ypc next season then we should move on.

the existing film on lynch is incredible. there's never been another running back quite like him. ymmv

KillerB

Reaction score
Rocket":18q777cx said:
I think the decision is 100% money. If he restructures then we should keep him, cuz he hasn't shown any reason to dump him other than money. I think he'll restructure.

I just don't think we ought to be kicking the dude to the curb just yet...

This. If Marshawn is agreeable to a re-structure that nets the team most of the savings they would get by cutting him, then by all means keep him around. And the Seahawks could pay him $5M+, couldn't they, while still getting the same cap savings as releasing him?

timmat

Reaction score
We shouldn't cast Beast aside so quickly. If a RB is hit almost immediately after getting a handoff, is that on him for not having a good run? Because that's pretty much what I saw all season with Beast, including yesterday. Remember, the majority of his playing time this season came when the O line play was atrocious.

Show me examples of him missing open holes. Show me examples of him misreading blocks. Show me examples of him giving up in pass protection. If you cannot, we should be at least talking to his folks about a return next year.

Or would you rather see him on a team like the Cowboys come strolling in here during the playoffs next year, while we take a cap hit on him and watch him produce for another team?

I don't think this is a severely depleted Marshawn we're talking about here. He's a RB that was saddled with a terrible O line, predictable play calling, and the first major injury of his career.

It only took Rawls a handful of games to have his first major injury. I love Rawls, but is he durable?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
KillerB":22t75n1c said:
Rocket":22t75n1c said:

I just don't think we ought to be kicking the dude to the curb just yet...

This. If Marshawn is agreeable to a re-structure that nets the team most of the savings they would get by cutting him, then by all means keep him around. And the Seahawks could pay him $5M+, couldn't they, while still getting the same cap savings as releasing him?

You aren't understanding how dead money works. Whether he plays or not, the Seahawks have ALREADY paid him 5 million for next year (in terms of the cap). He is due $6.5 million more if he plays (in terms of the cap). If he is cut or retires, the Hawks could theoretically demand 5 million back, but that never happens,

Now, have a quick look at the available running back free agents for next year and tell me which could step in and replace the production we can expect from Beast. Matt Forte is the only one I see, and he would be way more expensive. Which rookie RB could replace him?

Yes Rawls looks to be the real deal replacement, but we really can't trust either him or Beast to stay healthy for the full year.

For $6.5 million, I say keep the guy. UNLESS, the distractions are detrimental to the team. I think the whole "distractions" thing is overblown on this board, but only the team knows for sure, and they aren't going to say.

The only way I see cutting him is if we just need a few million more to sign a stud left tackle free agent, or if he really is a distraction to the team or is milking his injury and sucking off the teat.

Of course, he may just want to retire.

- bsd

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2vmvggjy said:
Sorry, I'll bite on this one. It appeared like we forced at least the first few plays his way, which directly, or indirectly, resulted in us being down big to begin the game. Love him for what he has brought in the past, but this team had moved beyond him, and tried to harness the past, at their detriment. We changed our game plan to make him happy, which is why we lost.

I agree. If that first play had been a play-action pass to him instead of a handoff, it probably would have gone for a TD. There is NO mystery what Bevell wants to do on the first play of the game when Lynch is in the backfield.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":37zbtxz2 said:
You need the running game to compliment what we do, a pure passing game I think would be bottled up, Wilson needs to have that threat to do his magic, if not you rush like hell and make him do magic all the time, which will begin to falter the more he has to do it. Not to mention the amount of hits he would take throwing the ball 50 times a game.

Keep fantasy stats on teams that lose , they are the ones that have to throw it a lot.

Not true. Everyone knew we had to pass in the second half, and they kept blitzing, but we still kept shredding them. By all means we need a good back, for balance if nothing else, but RECENT history has proven to us that it doesn't have to be Marshawn. And I love the guy, but this needs to become Russell's team, and it never will as long as he is there.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lynch was one of the centerpieces of this team when they turned it around and won the first SB. That run vs NO was nothing short of unbelievable. Lynch was never really involved in the offence yesterday because the Hawks were down so much so fast. Carolina is also good at stopping the run and have seemed to have Lynch's number a bit even before this. I have to give him a pass on yesterdays game as who knows if he was still ailing and mentally coming back after his first ever surgery likely had an impact.

Some other things we will never know...well maybe after he is gone...Did not getting the ball on the last play of 49 change his outlook? Did he feel slighted? He is human (or beast) like the rest of us, it would be normal to think you were slighted and even cheated of basically super bowl immortality. Lynch didn't seem the same at the start of the year...but then again neither did anyone else. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors...

I do think Lynch may have another year maybe even 2 in him. Does that mean he is worth 10 million next year with the emergence of Rawls?? I do think the team will release him. If he decides to play he will get a job elsewhere. Lynch will be an iconic piece of Seahawks history and a ring of honor shoe in. Even after he is gone wearing a Lynch jersey to a game will never seem like the wrong thing to do or out of place like other players who have come and gone. I am not sure where all the distrust on this site from some posters came from in regards to Lynch as to me it makes no sense. The guy gave his heart and soul out there and tortured his body here. The off field stuff, the hate for the media had no bearing on his on field play. Just like everyone else who has played here it just might be that time when its time to go. I won't say one bad word about the best or at least top two RB to ever play here. If he goes elsewhere I will cheer him on...I just hope its not somewhere like Dallas, NE, Pitts, or Denver...as I hate those teams.

bighawk

Reaction score
I think Lynch is one of the players that haven't gotten over the Super Bowl and I can understand why. He should have gotten the ball at the goal line but he will be cut to much strain going on between him and the management. Rawls showed he can handle the load with no problem and Michael is re-born. I love Lynch but u can't cause problems and expect to stay on the team.

Latest posts