Which fanbase got it worse (SEA or NE)?

Which fanbase got it worse (SEA or NE)?

• Seahawks Fans (Lose title and potential dynasty claim on a single play)

Votes: 68 62.4%
  • Patriots Fans (Win title but overshadowed by legacy-changing cheating scandal)

Votes: 41 37.6%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Us, we are the winners of screwed by the half yard, Testerverdes helmet, Rapistburgers helmet, Bevells play call, all on or near that half yard line, all costing us big-time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks. Not even close.

Would rather be called a cheater with 4 rings than lose because of the worst play call in the history of sports

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ulba18bt said:
Seahawks. Not even close.

Would rather be called a cheater with 4 rings than lose because of the worst play call in the history of sports

Not me, no way.

Just like I'd never want to be the 2005 Steelers.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Tom Brady is still going to be a first ballot HOFer. The cheating label means absolutely nothing in the big picture.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Patsies fans have it much worse, and it ain't even close for me. We were in back-to-back Super Bowls and almost won 'em both. We have a great shot at getting back for a third straight, and taking two in three years.

The Patsies have to live with that asterisk for the rest of their fandom. And the knowledge that at least most of the rest of the league probably thinks it applies to more than just that Super Bowl.

idahohawk

Reaction score
No freaking contest. We tried a slant pass to our #6 WR from the 1 yard line to win the Superbowl!

When will it end?

Wizofwest

Reaction score
NE has it worse and it isn't even close. They won the game, fair and square. But in the process was found to have cheated along the way AGAIN! Any conversation about rings will always include someone saying, they had to cheat to get those rings.

The Seahawks lost a Super Bowl from 1 yard by losing their head for one play. And while I didn't sleep well for two weeks that is not even close to a lifetime of "cheaters" conversations.

I can also take some comfort in the fact that we were so beat up and still almost won. I doubt you will ever hear a player use that as an excuse, but as a fan I can say with certainty we win with a "healthy" team.

Bring on 2015! I'm ready to see the Hawks rip up the NFL!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":13pjovs9 said:
No freaking contest. We tried a slant pass to our #6 WR from the 1 yard line to win the Superbowl!

When will it end?

When people stop thinking that play signals the end of the world for the Seahawks or our hope of reigning for a while, or even that it's worth continuously harping on.

We've been twice in two years at the top, and if not for Kearse's miraculous bounce-catch, we wouldn't have even had THAT chance.

These are good times. I'm happy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You're being serious? If so it's not a question sir. Hey, here's a couple clues to my opinion.

1. Pay the man
2. Fire Bevell

It's completely grinding my gears that the guy that threw a perfect pass in every situation but that game is being called out as average and being called egotistical and greedy by many just on this site let alone the wider fan base.

Get over it already because we are just beginning while the Patriots are DONE.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1w5rrtsi said:
I wouldn't trade places with them. They now have been caught in multiple cheating scandals. Anyway, our future looks much brighter.

I know that was not the question.

There's so much I want to quote, tons of material here, but this is the one I feel the closest to.

Where you want to be, right now: having the Seahawks team return, adding Jimmy freaking Graham, plus adding great looking rookies on the OL, Frank Clark, Lockett, and having pretty much our entire Superbowl starting squad on both sides of the ball return pissed off ?

Or having your starting QB suspended 4 games, losing 2 future draft picks, being the scourge of the NFL (yet again), and knowing your window is closing on any more titles ?

By the way, I do agree with Laloosh: Brady is a weasel, and I'd still take the title. But we still have it better, right now.

And I agree with your entire post Aros. People are wringing their hands and saying they can't watch the NFL.....then the season starts and they're watching their Pats and being over it.

As for having all the other fans hate you and your team because of this incident ? You'd think they would be used to it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Look, if the Seahawks had won but there were claims that the team used "deflated balls", I would laugh happily and eagerly wait to see what B.J. Daniels could be as a starting QB for the first four games.

Now....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
cheating pays off...bad play calling when you have the best RB in football on the 1 yard line does not! The Pats are laughing at everyone....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Just glad the majority of the 12s aren't reflective of a few of the short-sighted fair-weather fans here who bash their own coaching staff when all they were trying to do was win a second-straight Super Bowl. I still would rather be a Hawks fan because I have faith that the majority of the 12s are classier than this small sample size and the Patriots fans as a whole

gargantual

Reaction score
It astounds me how anyone would want anything to do with a championship the team didn't completely earn. I didn't want to win like the Stealers won and ditto on a Superbowl with questions of whether we would've made it there without tipping the scales earlier in the season. No thanks.

I used to like the Patriots before all this came out, but now they only have my mistrust and even pity. I in no way hate them because they won...sorry Patsies. I don't have even the slightest whiff of jealousy for them. You couldn't pay me to switch places with them.

The "Black Sox", Pete Rose, Belichick-Brady and their "dynasty"......all will be synonymous down through sports history.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Looking at next season, the Pats have it worse than us. Yeah alright we didn't win the Superbowl. At least we can look back with pride on a season that started out as a big question mark whether we could even make the play-offs (at 3-3 and 6-4) and then we won 8 games in a row and made the Superbowl, that's crazy.

Now we're back better than ever. The LoB will be healthy again come September and the only one we lost on defense is Maxwell, so our D is still by far the best in the league. On offense we lost some solidn starters in Carpenter and Unger but we got Graham back for it. That's an improvement in my book. Not to forget the impact Lockett will have on special teams of course. We're just primed to have another Superbowl season.

New England on the other hand lost their best defensive player to a divisonal rival, are without their star QB for their first four games and have taken an overall dive in confidence and trust after Deflategate.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now.

themunn

Reaction score
Think the Packers had it worse tbh
I remember feeling punched in the gut for a month after we nearly beat Atlanta and then lost

I don't think I could ever get over losing a game the way they did

but they did lose that game
and I LOVE it

Popeyejones

Reaction score
themunn":3niv336u said:

Oh man, good call. :lol:

As for the Pats and Seahawks, for me, some people thinking your win comes with an asterisk because of what happened in previous games is unarguably better than absolutely everyone knowing and agreeding you lost in a game without any cheating. It's really not close, IMO.

Part of this could be, however, because I think "deflategate" was one of the more over-hyped and ultimately silly sports scandals in my lifetime. There's an element of just desserts to it because I think the Pats got off too lightly on their previous cheating scandals, but this one just doesn't mean anything to me at all. (I know I'm probably in the minority about that though, so I'm just stating it outright because I'd imagine it probably colors my opinion a little bit).

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1qms5mvz said:
themunn":1qms5mvz said:

Oh man, good call. :lol:

As for the Pats and Seahawks, for me, some people thinking your win comes with an asterisk because of what happened in previous games is unarguably better than absolutely everyone knowing and agreeding you lost in a game without any cheating. It's really not close, IMO.

Part of this could be, however, because I think "deflategate" was one of the more over-hyped and ultimately silly sports scandals in my lifetime. There's an element of just desserts to it because I think the Pats got off too lightly on their previous cheating scandals, but this one just doesn't mean anything to me at all. (I know I'm probably in the minority about that though, so I'm just stating it outright because I'd imagine it probably colors my opinion a little bit).

Ok for arguement sake, what if the officials had measured the pressure in the ball Montana threw to Clark, and it was low, then they dug and found that Joe had the balls a few pounds under so he could throw a better ball and that Taylor's improvement was because of a more catchable ball instead of Walshs offense.

You think that the Cowboys would not be all up in air and that the Walsh era would be looked at the same as it is now?

The screaming of Taint would be very loud, additionall Jerrys confession of using stickum as well would further taint that era because it would show that the 49ers were cheaters for a long time. Add to that Romanoskis Steroid use and a few other things and you have the makings of a asterisk for every championship. That doesn't include the current Eddie in Carmen issue with salaries etc.

Willyeye

Reaction score
FargoHawk":5atdk079 said:
Neither.

Hawks fans - Butler made a great play. Gotta give him credit. We lost 2 key pieces (Avril, Lane) on our defense to in-game injuries and 3/4 of the LOB were battling injuries. If our Hawks "gave" the game away, I'd be upset but that isn't the way it happened.

Pats fans - buck up. The pats won the Super Bowl fair and square. It's clear Brady stretched the rules but to bail on the team or feel bad about it is silly. Accept the fact that Tommy boy altered the balls and move on.

Technically, in most of the game, 4/4 of the LOB were battling injuries...

Earl Thomas, FS- dislocated his shoulder in the NFCCG against the Packers. His labrum was fully torn. He had surgery to repair it on 2-25-15.

Richard Sherman, LCB- tore the UCL in his elbow during the NFCCG against the Packers. Doctors had decided to perform "Tommy John" surgery on his elbow, but at the last minute, due to the fact that he doesn't really throw the ball, doctors chose to try to let the elbow heel without surgery.

Kam Chancellor, SS- tore MCL in his left knee during the last practice before SB49. Doctors decided to try to let it heal without surgery.

Tharold Simon, RCB- dislocated his shoulder during the Week 16 game against the Cards. Carroll had said he would be out for the rest of the season as his labrum was fully torn, but a sickness to Maxwell forced Simon to play against the Panthers in the divisional round, and then a horrible injury to Lane in the 1st quarter of the SB forced Simon to replace Maxwell in the SB (Maxwell went to nickel to replace Lane). Simon was the CB who was picked apart by Brady. Fans that are familiar with Simon's play, could see that he was barely able to run or tackle due to the injury. Simon had shoulder surgery to repair his torn labrum on 2-14-15.

Latest posts