Which moment sold you on Wilson?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ahnsqx0h said:
The New England game sealed it for me. There was no second guessing from that point on.
This one...before that I was starting to have second thoughts about keeping him in there. I knew the playcalling and handcuffs were a big part of it though.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Chicago.

I never doubted him starting over Flynn, had no issue with it.

But I remember at the time, thinking to myself, if he comes back against Chicago on the road, this kid is special, this will be epic. Then he did it a second time.

Sold.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I never doubted his intangibles, or that he had the team from the start. Just watching Gruden's QB camp, and everything he said before the draft had me sold on the intangibles. Unfortunately, I got sold on the height thing, and I thought he'd need to sit behind Flynn for a year to acclimate to the NFL.

I was an unabashed Flynn supporter, but it was never that I didn't think Russell had the chops to handle it, but I thought Flynn was better than anyone was giving him credit for. I pull for the underdog (why I really dig Dangeruss), and strangely, Flynn had become the underdog. I also felt Flynn would win us 8-10 games, then if Russ beat him out next year, we'd get a 1st rounder for Flynn. Hey, it could've happened !

The first few games, I thought we had rushed Wilson in. I didn't see him doing anything Flynn couldn't have done, and I honestly think we win that game in AZ if Flynn started it. I saw him develop a bit at Carolina, but I really felt he had earned the starting job when he brought us back against NE. The Chicago game cemented not only that he was the best QB on our team, but starting to become one of the better QBs in the league. From Chicago, honestly, I saw improvement every freakin game. The playoffs were incredible, and strangely enough, I had tons of confidence in us going in, which is unusual when you have a rookie QB starting a playoff game. Traditionally, rookie QBs starting their first playoff game have a winning percentage of about 28% in the last 15 years or so.

Shock2k

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1kmnmqkr said:
Chicago.

But I remember at the time, thinking to myself, if he comes back against Chicago on the road, this kid is special, this will be epic. Then he did it a second time.

Sold.

Same, coming back twice against the best defense (at the time) on the road. And we are talking 90 and 80+ yards.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The New England game sold me. That was just such an amazing comeback.

But then the playoffs happened. I didn't realize I had any doubts left, but I'll be honest... that first quarter in the Redskins game, I started doubting for a second. It seems like Seattle always gets screwed somehow. I started thinking, "Oh please, don't let this kid be one of those QBs who's great in the regular season but a choker in the postseason."

Then he blasted the Redskins. I still thought, "Well, RGIII was injured. Let's see what happens next week."

So honestly, it was the Atlanta game when I became a true believer. I have no doubt now that he is one of the best in the game. The kid is seriously clutch. I know now that he will win a SuperBowl at some point here in Seattle. I mean, I really KNOW that. For the first time in my life, I KNOW the Seahawks are going to win a SuperBowl. And it feels awesome.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Shock2k":2jy4si41 said:
twisted_steel2":2jy4si41 said:
Chicago.

Sold.

Same, coming back twice against the best defense (at the time) on the road. And we are talking 90 and 80+ yards.

Yep. It was amazing. One of the best athletic performances I've ever seen.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2tmb9vhi said:
Shock2k":2tmb9vhi said:
twisted_steel2":2tmb9vhi said:
Chicago.

Sold.

Yep. It was amazing. One of the best athletic performances I've ever seen.
Yeah this was the one for me as well

TriCHawk

Reaction score
KC game sold me. I was impressed before that, but that game showed me he was probably the best QB on the roster. I started to think he was special after the CHI game though.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
As many have said, the New England game had me sold, but it wasn't necessarily the game winning pass that did it. It was 3rd down run he had early on in the game where he scrambled in the back field and than broke a couple tackles to get the first down that allowed us to stay within reach of the Pats.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Intrigued by the Gruden QB camp, excited by the KC game. But watching him fearlessly going against Brady and the Pats is where I fully bought in to the kid as our future.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Crystal clear: Gruden's QB camp. Russell wasn't even a Seahawk yet, but watching him compared to the other QBs Gruden had in his camp it was clear that Russell had IT x 10!

CHawk

Reaction score
travlinhawk":1q517xbv said:
After Chicago I knew we had our QB of the future.

Watching that game all I could think is Holy S*** he's on a roll

In the playoffs my friends calling me during the game busting my chops, I told them I have faith we have Russ

SE174

Reaction score
I wanted him from the beginning, but wasn't positive he should start right away. Was impressed but still had some slight reservations after the Kansas City preseason game, because of course, it was preseason. What sold me was actually week one, when it was now or never, he drove us down the field and did everything he could've to win the game, had one of the WRs held onto the ball. So many times before in that same situation we'd go 4 and out or throw a pick. Seeing a rookie QB drive down the field in crunch time when down... impressive.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I think what cemented it for was the Chicago game he really beat them twice. He overcame adversity created by our defense in the 4th Qtr. Anything after that was gravy for me.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawks46":19zjkqyl said:
I never doubted his intangibles, or that he had the team from the start. Just watching Gruden's QB camp, and everything he said before the draft had me sold on the intangibles. Unfortunately, I got sold on the height thing, and I thought he'd need to sit behind Flynn for a year to acclimate to the NFL.

I was an unabashed Flynn supporter, but it was never that I didn't think Russell had the chops to handle it, but I thought Flynn was better than anyone was giving him credit for. I pull for the underdog (why I really dig Dangeruss), and strangely, Flynn had become the underdog. I also felt Flynn would win us 8-10 games, then if Russ beat him out next year, we'd get a 1st rounder for Flynn. Hey, it could've happened !

The first few games, I thought we had rushed Wilson in. I didn't see him doing anything Flynn couldn't have done, and I honestly think we win that game in AZ if Flynn started it. I saw him develop a bit at Carolina, but I really felt he had earned the starting job when he brought us back against NE. The Chicago game cemented not only that he was the best QB on our team, but starting to become one of the better QBs in the league. From Chicago, honestly, I saw improvement every freakin game. The playoffs were incredible, and strangely enough, I had tons of confidence in us going in, which is unusual when you have a rookie QB starting a playoff game. Traditionally, rookie QBs starting their first playoff game have a winning percentage of about 28% in the last 15 years or so.

I wasnt sure what I wanted to say but this was it. He just got better and better. But I do remember against Atlanta, and I was totally "shell shocked". Could not believe OUR TEAM has this guy. Yeah, for years I victimized us thinking why havent we got our guy. Why do other teams get a franchise QB? But I just could not believe that we had a Qb that could do such amazing things. Things that I had not seen before in the NFL,,,,, for 27 years,,,, and he is ours!!!!

birdman5

Reaction score
Hawks46":yr5rtiyd said:

Good, I can just second this. Saves a bunch of typing.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Preseason game number 1 against Oakland. I was at the game and the dime he dropped on Braylon for his first TD was a thing of beauty. I let out a deafening "wow!" and never looked back. The whole rest of that game was special too. The 40 yard scramble for a TD ...and then everything else after that.

Latest posts