Which NFL player would make the most on the open market?

chris98251

Reaction score
My thoughts

Rodgers
Rivers
Newton
Wilson
Luck
Kaep

Bottom 4 are all grouped together, Kaep and Luck below Wilson because he has won, Newton above him because of the love of his size and everyone seems to still be in love with him. He has been on the cusp of breaking thru just nothing much on offense except him.

Luck because of the love fest as well but he has yet to win anything really, Kaep and Newton I think in reality are close, but Kaep has blown big games, being able to finish is more important than stats if the games are big enough.

Rodgers and Rivers are experienced and unlike Rodgers Rivers had no balance to use and I think the coaching and defense in SD has been his biggest issue. Put Rivers in Atlanta or Houston and he has a Super Bowl.

kearly

Reaction score
It would probably be Luck. Immense talent plus he might be the only under-30 QB in the league that checks every box for all 32 NFL teams, so the high number of bidders would probably drive up his price.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Has to be Luck. Right age, Prototype measurables, strong arm, leadership. Like Kip says, more teams would want him than anyone else.

By position it would go
Luck
WR Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones.
TE Jimmy Graham, Gronk
RB McCoy
T Joe Thomas
G Jahri Evans
C Mack

DT Ngata
DE/OLB Quinn, Watt
LB Keuchly, Bowman (if he wasn't hurt)
S Thomas, Chancellor
CB Revis, Peterson (who I don't think is that good, but this is open market talk, and he would draw a ton of teams with his prototype skillset)

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don't know what to say if you have a huge issue with Luck being chosen. RW on our Seahawks had the perfect offense to grow into. Luck plays with a defense not afraid to give up 30 points quickly with no running game. He is a very young, prototypical franchise QB with all the intangibles so of course he would be sought after by every NFL team without a stud QB. And this isn't saying I don't want RW; he is the perfect QB for our team.

So to answer....QB is the most needed position for success. I would put Aaron Rodgers above Luck. If this was a couple years ago I'm probably taking Brady at ~33 years old. Even now it's hard to argue not wanting him on your team. Outside of QB.... I'm not sure if I would want Calvin Johnson or Earl Thomas. Calvin is probably the best WR in a few decades while Earl plays so fluent/consistent that the defense doesn't need to worry about the entire deep middle section of the field.

So to conclude, if I had to choose one player, I choose Nicolas Cage.

BASF

Reaction score
mistaowen":fliqfzw3 said:
Luck plays with a defense not afraid to give up 30 points quickly with no running game

Their defense was 9th in points allowed, they gave up more than 30 points only four times in the regular season, half of them due to turnovers. As far as the running game, everyone talks about how our running game is our offensive identity and our main strength offensively, but the Colts don't have a running game? We averaged the same yards per carry. As Chuck D once said, "Don't believe the hype."

The answer is obviously Aaron Rodgers. He makes the biggest difference to his team of any player in the league.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Luck lost his top wr(Wayne) ..Had no running game...Defense was spotty but they did beat the Hawks and Broncos..Luck would be a top fa...Stats in his case can be misleading..If I was the Rams or Cards for example-I'd pounce on signing him..

kenwillisssh

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":12olbat7 said:
I just saw this on another message board I frequent any of you guys see this today on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...worth-the-highest-salary?campaign=Twitter_atl

Andrew Luck...ANDREW #%#ING luck?

Are you serious????

Thanks for the morning joke nfl.com, it is very appreciated. Andrew Luck LMAO....what a joke.

OH YA...Im sure every Franchise wants to spend the most money on a guy who has 6TD to 8Int in the postseason with a 70 QB rating. Or whose regular season is a GODLY 81.5, JESUS.

I suppose Wilson and his meager 100+ regular season AND playoff QB rating just cant hold up though. And despite Luck throwing close to 400 more times he has less TDs. Dont be fooled Wilson is the better QB of the two.

How is Luck NOT the most overrated QB or even just player in the ENTIRE league. 23 TDs is the most he has thrown in a season and he has a season in which he threw 18 ints.....

11514 animated gifchat8etf

It sounds like you don't like Pete. IMO we have one of if not the best coaching in the NFL. it is great to get Mr Bevel (sp) back, I was worried we would lose him. The mantra of "compete" seems to work.

lsheldon

Reaction score
So easy a caveman can do it. All I want to know is who convinced him he looks good in a beard.

Andrewluckbeard

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Four years from now, when Andrew Luck has turned into Matt Stafford, Part II, I wonder if people will still be blaming everything and everyone but him for his tendency to throw picks in bunches and at backbreaking times. Note: Matt Stafford is a physically awesome QB, so that's not really a complete insult to Luck.

Aaron Rodgers is the reasonable answer to this question, but Andrew Luck is probably the guy that would get paid the most because most front offices in the NFL are run by idiots.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It would be Luck but I'm not sure why people can't admit he's been disappointing to this point of his career. If he has another sub par statistical year I think more people will begin to question him a little bit. Huge talent but needs to improve in his third year for me. I do think Wilson would be in the top 3. Probably Rodgers, Luck and Wilson.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If Luck has the tools and a defense I certainly won't be defending him after this year ..I think he will be fine however

BASF

Reaction score
IndyHawk":8g109rww said:
Luck ..Had no running game

Myth.

Fact: The Colts had 100 less attempts than the Seahawks, but still averaged the same per carry and even had more rushing touchdowns. Richardson was not good, but Brown was. The Colts could run the ball if they weren't stupid about trading away a number one for Richardson and giving him the lion's share of the carries. Luck is not as good at scrambling as Wilson, but he is no slouch at running the ball: in 33 less attempts Luck had a higher YPC and more touchdowns than Wilson. When they brought in Bradshaw to help out he was more productive than both Turbin and Michael for us.

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2pr9sbi6 said:
Four years from now, when Andrew Luck has turned into Matt Stafford, Part II, I wonder if people will still be blaming everything and everyone but him for his tendency to throw picks in bunches and at backbreaking times. Note: Matt Stafford is a physically awesome QB, so that's not really a complete insult to Luck.

Aaron Rodgers is the reasonable answer to this question, but Andrew Luck is probably the guy that would get paid the most because most front offices in the NFL are run by idiots.

Unlike Stafford...Luck isnt an injury waiting to happen. Stafford only played 13 games his first 2 years.

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":27pufpl6 said:

This is true. I guess I shouldnt even be shocked since most GMs are pretty dumb and would hand over a dump truck of money for Luck thinking he is going to be the greatest of all time, which IMO I dont think he will even come close.

Latest posts