Which of these teams will Harbaugh be coaching next year?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
My main fear of losing Quinn is the possibility of a Gus Bradley return.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
homerun1970":3cidfgaw said:
Sounds to me like maybe the 49ers should do a better job of talent evaluation?
Never mind the fact that Carroll was sitting at USC for the taking for any organization smart enough to give him a lot of power. 49ers could have had him, and probably about three more rings at this point since Carroll would not have had to gut the team like he did with the Seahawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Gus ain't exactly doing Dan Quinn any favors by doing so poorly in Jacksonville. You look at what Gus and Nick Holt were able to do without Pete, and that has to put a seed of doubt in any GM's head.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are not catering 49ers today, better go out in the parking lot and grab the meat wagon for that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wvqcqq2 said:
homerun1970":2wvqcqq2 said:
Sounds to me like maybe the 49ers should do a better job of talent evaluation?
Never mind the fact that Carroll was sitting at USC for the taking for any organization smart enough to give him a lot of power. 49ers could have had him, and probably about three more rings at this point since Carroll would not have had to gut the team like he did with the Seahawks.
49ers tried to get him but wouldn't give him the control. Right around mid 2000s I think. I remember the rumblings but don't quite remember if it was to replace Erickson or not.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":11qhpml3 said:
49ers tried to get him but wouldn't give him the control. Right around mid 2000s I think. I remember the rumblings but don't quite remember if it was to replace Erickson or not.
Do, or do not. There is no try. All I see there is a lot of DO NOT.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Put me down for "University of Michigan"

Michigan can pay him more, he goes home and has full control over everything.. which is what his ego desires.

taco40

Reaction score
exhilo":4p6e4od9 said:
Oakland
Jacksonville
Cleveland
NY Jets
NY Giants
Miami
Buffalo
St. Louis

I would rule out Oakland however Jaguars or Giants would be interesting.

None of the above.. He'll be coaching the Michigan Wolverines

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Wolverines for sure. Money, power, ego, young little stary eye'd players that wll enthusiastically scream "Noooo Body" and actually mean it and of course most important colors that will match well with Khakis... Yeah, Michigan's got it all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
IF Harbaugh leaves...I just can't see him going to Michigan. Yes, I know how it all lines up, but doing so would essentially be admitting he couldn't do it in the NFL.

IF he leaves, I could see him going to Miami or Oakland and in both cases in trade.

From that point what becomes interesting is who coaches the Niners. My guess is Roman, Fangio, or Tomsula.

They've built something that I don't think they want to tear down....so my guess is systems stay in place with a new man at the top.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2olf8476 said:
IF Harbaugh leaves...I just can't see him going to Michigan. Yes, I know how it all lines up, but doing so would essentially be admitting he couldn't do it in the NFL.

IF he leaves, I could see him going to Miami or Oakland and in both cases in trade.

From that point what becomes interesting is who coaches the Niners. My guess is Roman, Fangio, or Tomsula.

They've built something that I don't think they want to tear down....so my guess is systems stay in place with a new man at the top.

I really like Fangio. As much as I'd love to continue ragging on Harbaugh, I can't help but wonder what Fangio could do with that team if he had a really good offensive coordinator.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":t9tv4a1a said:
I suspect it'll be Miami or a year off.

The Dolphins clearly want him big time and he might see that as a team he can turn around in a short period (his speciality). I can't see him going back to college, not having come so close to a Super Bowl victory and seeing his arch nemesis get a ring last season.

Plus Miami is potentially in a position to give him extra power, what he really craves.
But what is his specialty in the long term?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Love to see him at the raiders.
Then the whole world can see what he can do if he has to start at the bottom and work his way up.

He wouldn't be handed a ton of talent as he was with the 9ers.
Can Y'all imagine the sideline fits he would throw?

TwilightError

Reaction score
He would turn the Jets around in a heartbeat. Already a capable defense, and the offense can be built up in a year. That requires a new quarterback of course. The problem is that Idzik might not want to have such a difficult personality to collide heads with. Still, I call Jets.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
razgriz737":6qmi7gnq said:

I think this is right... actually

EDit.. i should read the whole thread (as many already jumped on the Michigan bandwagon)

my sources (i've none except listening to Big ten radio here in the midwest) say Michigan may want the other Harbaugh though

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20wb4r4u said:
my sources (i've none except listening to Big ten radio here in the midwest) say Michigan may want the other Harbaugh though

I heard that too, and that's a nice little deflective answer, but they and we all know that the "other" Harbaugh isn't going anywhere... I would bet the boosters are creaming their collective Khaki's over the prospect of getting Jimbo.