Which of these teams will Harbaugh be coaching next year?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":126dbl69 said:
razgriz737":126dbl69 said:

I think this is right... actually

EDit.. i should read the whole thread (as many already jumped on the Michigan bandwagon)

my sources (i've none except listening to Big ten radio here in the midwest) say Michigan may want the other Harbaugh though

I would be on cloud Nine if they hire John. Heck, even Jim would be good. Damn good.
Gawd, the coaching and recruiting at Michigan is just pure garbage.
They are so bad right now, I :pukeface: every Saturday.

GoBlue!!!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2u56rbld said:
Uncle Si":2u56rbld said:
razgriz737":2u56rbld said:

EDit.. i should read the whole thread (as many already jumped on the Michigan bandwagon)

my sources (i've none except listening to Big ten radio here in the midwest) say Michigan may want the other Harbaugh though

I would be on cloud Nine if they hire John. Heck, even Jim would be good. Damn good.

GoBlue!!!!
Why would John leave Baltimore? He seems to have it really good there I haven't heard of any dissatisfaction from anybody in that organization. Did he go to Michigan or something? Jim Harbaugh is a maverick and a wanderer like Larry Brown I don't believe he'll ever really settle in one place more then a few years regardless.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1uc1qz6o said:
Seahwkgal":1uc1qz6o said:
Uncle Si":1uc1qz6o said:
razgriz737":1uc1qz6o said:

GoBlue!!!!
Why would John leave Baltimore? He seems to have it really good there I haven't heard of any dissatisfaction from anybody in that organization. Did he go to Michigan or something? Jim Harbaugh is a maverick and a wanderer like Larry Brown I don't believe he'll ever really settle in one place more then a few years regardless.

Ddi you miss the whole Ray Rice embarrassment?

Not saying that was on John (a little was to be honest) but that could be a motivating factor, plus I imagine Michigan is quite ready to dump a massive amount of money on a coach right now

I doubt he goes to Michigan by the way. but its been tossed about

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":17rbeogu said:
Seahwkgal":17rbeogu said:
Uncle Si":17rbeogu said:
razgriz737":17rbeogu said:

GoBlue!!!!

Two words.

Ray. Rice. Situation may be bad there. Could be fine...dunno.

As for Michigan, I THINK he went there but not sure, but his dad coached there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":eummgn0u said:
Why would John leave Baltimore?
Did you miss the rumor that John wanted to immediately release Ray Rice after his incident happened, but he was overruled? If that's true, how do you think relations are between him and upper management, now? They're mad because he was right, he's mad because now his team's hurting unnecessarily because of a cover-up, etc.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3fjwcjx0 said:
Why would John leave Baltimore? He seems to have it really good there I haven't heard of any dissatisfaction from anybody in that organization.

He wants roster control, and as reported in the investigative ESPN piece, that really came to a head when he vehemently wanted to cut Ray Rice as soon as the first video from outside the elevator came out this summer. He was overruled and forced to go on TV and play good soldier, which then blew up in his face, and everyone elses.

I don't think that would drive him to Michigan, but it is the only story/rumor about unrest for either of the Harbaugh boys that has never been refuted by the men, their players, or their orgs. .

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xa8ar5x said:
MizzouHawkGal":2xa8ar5x said:
Why would John leave Baltimore?
Did you miss the rumor that John wanted to immediately release Ray Rice after his incident happened, but he was overruled? If that's true, how do you think relations are between him and upper management, now? They're mad because he was right, he's mad because now his team's hurting unnecessarily because of a cover-up, etc.
As a matter of fact I did. Knowing this I guess it could get interesting then.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
John Harbaugh graduated from Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan, during which time father Jack was an assistant under Bo Schembechler
Jim played QB for Michigan.

Soo.....There are many connections to U of M for both coaches.

Hoke is a joke. He has to go.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3jqsgng8 said:

Perhaps, but hugely succesful NFL coaches just don't opt to go back down to the college ranks when they have other options, and that's true of both the Harbaugh brothers.

IMO the stories about both of them are just wishful thinking among alumni.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qv61op3 said:
Seahwkgal":3qv61op3 said:

Perhaps, but hugely succesful NFL coaches just don't opt to go back down to the college ranks when they have other options, and that's true of both the Harbaugh brothers.

IMO the stories about both of them are just wishful thinking among alumni.

Which is a better destination:

Oakland : The deadpool of where Coaches go to die

Buffalo : Incompetant GM

Miami : Front office meddlesome

Michigan: Call your own shots, get paid like a Pro Level Coach, could become a legend.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":ofpqgtln said:
Which is a better destination:

Oakland : The deadpool of where Coaches go to die

Buffalo : Incompetant GM

Miami : Front office meddlesome

Michigan: Call your own shots, get paid like a Pro Level Coach, could become a legend.

Well, sure, it can be spun any way we want, but I'm basing my opinion on what I think is the most parsimonious explanation:

if forced to guess and given two options, does one of the options happen much more regularly than the other option?

In this case we have more examples than we can count of very successful and moderately successful NFL coaches going to coach other NFL teams, and not a single example I can think of for an NFL head coach of any level of success voluntarily going back to coach on the college level when he's wanted by multiple NFL teams.