Which receivers make the roster?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":2y869rn1 said:
Anyone who thinks Brown is getting cut is nuts.
Why because it will be so hard to find someone to catch 14 passes for 166 yards in a single season? Those are his season stats, not a single game. dude is trash.

McGruff

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ux812wx said:
iigakusei":2ux812wx said:
Why because it will be so hard to find someone to catch 14 passes for 166 yards in a single season? Those are his season stats, not a single game. dude is trash.

Outside of Lockett and Metcalf, I wouldn't be shocked by any mix of WRs getting cut.

I do believe Brown and Moore are fighting for the same roster spot. I have a hard time seeing both of them make it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":3scvo2m7 said:
Chukarhawk":3scvo2m7 said:
iigakusei":3scvo2m7 said:

Outside of Lockett and Metcalf, I wouldn't be shocked by any mix of WRs getting cut.

I do believe Brown and Moore are fighting for the same roster spot. I have a hard time seeing both of them make it.

Brown's on the roster. No way Pete and Schotty go into the regular season with Lockett being the only true dependable vet on this very young WR corp.

Now maybe mid season if 1-2 of the rookies or young WR's pop they don't cut Moore or Brown if they're not producing...........but to start the season? I can't see a scenario where Brown isn't on the roster.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lhbxftz said:
McGruff":1lhbxftz said:
Chukarhawk":1lhbxftz said:
iigakusei":1lhbxftz said:

Brown's on the roster. No way Pete and Schotty go into the regular season with Lockett being the only true dependable vet on this very young WR corp.

Now maybe mid season if 1-2 of the rookies or young WR's pop they don't cut Moore or Brown if they're not producing...........but to start the season? I can't see a scenario where Brown isn't on the roster.

I tend to agree, but I wouldn't be shocked either way.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think one of Moore or Brown will make it for that reason.

I dont see both.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":2ziwm9be said:
I think one of Moore or Brown will make it for that reason.

I dont see both.

Then it's Moore. Moore showed some flashes last season, but he's wildly inconsistent..........as evident by him also disappearing for entire games.

But I still think Moore and Brown make the roster, hard to imagine Pete trusting such a young WR corp, again to start out the year.

Definitely the most compelling of all the roster battles, gonna be interesting to see how the WR competition shakes out.

chris98251

Reaction score
It may be as simple as who plays special teams, we have seen guys that have played decently get cut for a guy that can play on defense or offense but because he has a roll on special teams gets a roster spot, Lockette is a good example.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1mc7tjh2 said:
It may be as simple as who plays special teams, we have seen guys that have played decently get cut for a guy that can play on defense or offense but because he has a roll on special teams gets a roster spot, Lockette is a good example.

That's why I think Reynolds takes the final roster spot, and Ferguson and Ursua are signed to the practice squad.

For Sure
Lockett
Metcalf
Brown
Moore
Jennings
Reynolds

Practice Squad
Ferguson
Ursua

Released
Darboh
Turner
Wright

Maybe some injuries or guys REALLY pop over the next three weeks changes some of this, but after game #1, this is how I see it shaking out.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lbpw424j said:
chris98251":lbpw424j said:

That's why I think Reynolds takes the final roster spot, and Ferguson and Ursua are signed to the practice squad.

For Sure
Lockett
Metcalf
Brown
Moore
Jennings
Reynolds

Practice Squad
Ferguson
Ursua

Released
Darboh
Turner
Wright

Maybe some injuries or guys REALLY pop over the next three weeks changes some of this, but after game #1, this is how I see it shaking out.

Ferguson will not make the practice squad and if Ursua keeps performing I. Pre season games he will not either. I still say as of now Moore is gone, and not sure on Reynolds either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":1y1uburf said:
Sgt. Largent":1y1uburf said:
chris98251":1y1uburf said:

For Sure
Lockett
Metcalf
Brown
Moore
Jennings
Reynolds

Practice Squad
Ferguson
Ursua

Released
Darboh
Turner
Wright

Ferguson will not make the practice squad and if Ursua keeps performing I. Pre season games he will not either. I still say as of now Moore is gone, and not sure on Reynolds either.

Then who's going to return punts and KO's? Reynolds has been doing it.

Ferguson had a great game last week, but as we've seen with guys like Kasen Williams, the pre-season isn't a great barometer of how other teams view players when they become available after being cut. They rely on their own scouting and needs.

Ferguson's a nice story, but he's also got a ton of baggage and would still be a project once picked up. That means he's got practice squad written all over him.

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":2igbzu35 said:
Sgt. Largent":2igbzu35 said:
chris98251":2igbzu35 said:

For Sure
Lockett
Metcalf
Brown
Moore
Jennings
Reynolds

Practice Squad
Ferguson
Ursua

Released
Darboh
Turner
Wright

I think its way too early based off one game to say who would or wouldn't pass through to the PS.

Every year we say about our own favorites that they wont make it, and every year the vast majority of them do, and the ones who dont rarely make nice anywhere else.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pfgvcuv said:
John63":1pfgvcuv said:
Sgt. Largent":1pfgvcuv said:
chris98251":1pfgvcuv said:

For Sure
Lockett
Metcalf
Brown
Moore
Jennings
Reynolds

Practice Squad
Ferguson
Ursua

Released
Darboh
Turner
Wright

Then who's going to return punts and KO's? Reynolds has been doing it.

Ferguson had a great game last week, but as we've seen with guys like Kasen Williams, the pre-season isn't a great barometer of how other teams view players when they become available after being cut. They rely on their own scouting and needs.

Ferguson's a nice story, but he's also got a ton of baggage and would still be a project once picked up. That means he's got practice squad written all over him.

Reynolds looked good, but UGO looked better IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":2om90g3g said:
Reynolds looked good, but UGO looked better IMO.

I agree, but Ugo's more than likely going to be our starting slot corner......and in this league that means you play a LOT.

Hard to imagine Pete letting him return kicks on a regular basis and risking injury to a very important position. We're already thin at DB.

McGruff

Reaction score
I would agree, except Lockett has been there for years.

I hope and pray they go with Ugo at slot. He and Blair both need to start.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":kzny0dt2 said:
I would agree, except Lockett has been there for years.

I hope and pray they go with Ugo at slot. He and Blair both need to start.

Did Ugo return punts in college? I don't know cause I'm allergic to Oregon football.

It does make me nervous not having Tyler back there, it's hard to find a dependable returner that ALSO can bust one long. Remember the Sherman experiment? Yikes, it can go wrong quickly if you don't have the right guy back there.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And regarding Ugo being the slot CB, he's definitely in the running and based on what I have been reading from the coachs' interviews, we will be switching up who the slot CB is based on our opponent's personnel... big (King?) on big and small (Ugo?) on small.