Which Seahawk Player Annoys You The Most ?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Greg Scruggs. He talked way too much last season about being a starter and not letting anyone take his spot and all this over the top emotion and then he just sucked it up on the field. Do something first then talk.

McGruff

Reaction score
Donn2390":3i7p9fr1 said:
Just because they are big, strong, talented, and very wealthy, they're still immature children. You must remember, most of these players are in their 20's and far from grown up and mature. Which one of you can honestly say you were a mature adult before you were 30?
It's even worse for these guys because they have had their collective azzes kissed all their lives and never had to grow up and be responsible for their actions.. Rich and talented doesn't make you a man...!!
Every time I get upset by some players actions, I have to stop and remember we're dealing with kids...

Bull . . . and I would add to that word if my conscience didn't prevent me.

I'm going to rant here. Forgive me. I am sick of adult men in particular being called "kids" and their behavior excused on that account. We have to either start holding young men accountable or the age of adulthood will continue to be pushed back. They don't need us fans to excuse their poor behavior. They need us to call them out and up to a higher standard.

When I was 25 I was married, about to be a father, working fulltime and volunteering my time and energy outside of my family and work place. So were most of my friends. We were responsible, contributing citizens. And I am not THAT much older than these guys.

I know some of them have come from bad backgrounds, and I am sympathetic to the reality of arrested development in many of those situations. I also know that they had access of adult mentors in the form of coaches, counselors, pastors and countless others. At any point in their lives, in fact at every point in all of our lives, we face a choice whether we are going to live to gratify our instant desires and express our infant emotions, or whether we are going live for something greater. Whether that is reputation, legacy, God, or something else is up to them to decide, but they have to decide. And at 24, 25, 26 years old you ought to be able to make that choice and be held accountable to it.

Sorry for the rant. I work with youth and young adults on a daily basis, and the lack of maturity allowed in our culture, especially in young men, is appalling and only contributes to their immaturity. When you graduate from high school, and especially college, its time to put down the Xbox controller, turn off twitter, and pick up a book, get a job, and grow up. Be a man, not a boy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":4wzs4qa5 said:
Donn2390":4wzs4qa5 said:
Just because they are big, strong, talented, and very wealthy, they're still immature children. You must remember, most of these players are in their 20's and far from grown up and mature. Which one of you can honestly say you were a mature adult before you were 30?
It's even worse for these guys because they have had their collective azzes kissed all their lives and never had to grow up and be responsible for their actions.. Rich and talented doesn't make you a man...!!
Every time I get upset by some players actions, I have to stop and remember we're dealing with kids...

Something about growing up in Compton or North Oakland doesn't seem all sunshine and roses to me.

Plenty of people grew up in tough neighborhoods and didn't use it as an excuse to act immature or spoiled as young adults.

IMO this is more a professional athlete thing, rather than a where they grew up thing. Some are able to handle the fortune and fame, and some aren't.

Donn2390

Reaction score
McGruff":3dhjj6ov said:
Donn2390":3dhjj6ov said:

I'm going to rant here. Forgive me. I am sick of adult men in particular being called "kids" and their behavior excused on that account. We have to either start holding young men accountable or the age of adulthood will continue to be pushed back. They don't need us fans to excuse their poor behavior. They need us to call them out and up to a higher standard.

When I was 25 I was married, about to be a father, working fulltime and volunteering my time and energy outside of my family and work place. So were most of my friends. We were responsible, contributing citizens. And I am not THAT much older than these guys.

I know some of them have come from bad backgrounds, and I am sympathetic to the reality of arrested development in many of those situations. I also know that they had access of adult mentors in the form of coaches, counselors, pastors and countless others. At any point in their lives, in fact at every point in all of our lives, we face a choice whether we are going to live to gratify our instant desires and express our infant emotions, or whether we are going live for something greater. Whether that is reputation, legacy, God, or something else is up to them to decide, but they have to decide. And at 24, 25, 26 years old you ought to be able to make that choice and be held accountable to it.

Sorry for the rant. I work with youth and young adults on a daily basis, and the lack of maturity allowed in our culture, especially in young men, is appalling and only contributes to their immaturity. When you graduate from high school, and especially college, its time to put down the Xbox controller, turn off twitter, and pick up a book, get a job, and grow up. Be a man, not a boy.
I'm not excusing their immaturity, I'm just stating a fact. Most people, including you no matter how many responsibilities you hat at 25, were NOT mature. Sorry, just the facts...

trharder

Reaction score
iigakusei":t362s3gi said:
Baldwin. Not impressed with "dumping" the ball in the SB and tired of his no respect card. Give it a rest.
Baldwin would be my first choice as well, and for the same reasons.

My second choice is my favorite player on the Seahawks and also my favorite player in the NFL. That would be Russell Wilson. I find him to be a boring and annoying interview. Otherwise I'm a "homer", "fanboy", "apologist" for RW. I know that is weird.

Bennett doesn't bother me for some reason, even though I can see the point of everyone who has dished on him. He was saying similar things when interviewed right after we beat the Broncos in the SB and the confetti was still flying. He has a short window to make his fortune before he will be just a normal civilian like the rest of us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":2lyhvi0c said:
Donn2390":2lyhvi0c said:

Hey man, it's not their fault, it's society's fault.

Seriously, I can't agree more. I think it's not just endemic in rich young athletes, it's just our society's push towards a lack of accountability. Any time someone does something wrong and gets hurt or punished for it, it gets put on social media and special interest groups start clamoring as to what outside influence "pushed" this young person to do something wrong.

I'm really not that old, 42 to be exact. But when I grew up, if you screwed up, you paid for it. If you got in legal trouble (and it wasn't a serious felony), judges could still give you the option to join the military, which is incredibly good to mature someone up. My old man used to tell me that when I turned 18, I better have a job or my ass was on the street. And I believed him.

Digression over. After that mini rant, I'm going Bennett. You're a grown ass man that signed a contract. Honor it. I also don't particularly care for a lot of what he says about our opponents, especially after a win. I was taught to win or lose with class and Bennett doesn't have it. Now he has to eat some words because Graham is on his team. Once he starts backing Jimmy, what he said in the past is shown to be empty smack talk and the "Holy Moses, by god I'm gonna say it honest" routine/schtick is tarnished.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
mrinsatiable":2x8h0vya said:
Jeremy Lane....when a guy talks smack and is barely on the team. It's hard not to roll your eyes.
When did Lane talk smack?

Please tell me you're not referring to his comment about Gronk...that's hardly smack talk

McGruff

Reaction score
If that is true, and increasingly it is true, then its a problem in society that needs to be corrected, not just acknowledged and certainly not condoned or excused.

Once upon a time boys became men in their mid teens. I graduated in 1990, and it was pretty much an expectation that at 18 I was to behave like an adult. Now I see young men sleeping in till noon and playing Xbox till 4pm and doing nothing with their time and everyone says "oh, they're young, they'll grow up."

All the while young women are looking for men and finding a perpetual culture of boyhood. A woman shouldn't have to teach her husband how to be a man. That's our job, and we're doing a pretty poor job of it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm less concerned about the soap opera off season stuff than many posters.

Mine? Tie: Baldwin and Lockette.

Lockette is just really prone to bone-headed mistakes.

Baldwin: I'm glad he's a Seahawk, don't get me wrong. He's a good player. But he's selfish and his no respect schtick is tiresome. My opinion that Baldwin put his own aggravation ahead of the well-being of the team during that TD celebration in the super bowl stands. What an incredibly-dick thing to do. I get it, you have a chip on your shoulder. But don't prioritize expressing it over the success of your team.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":13g5lgl3 said:
Baldwin. Not impressed with "dumping" the ball in the SB and tired of his no respect card. Give it a rest.
He gets my vote as well. Good player, but annoyed of his constant need to get "recognized."

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Currently, Bennett....he seems to think an increase in offside penalties committed equals a monetary increase.

Bevell and his playcalling (mostly redzone plays) annoy me but he's definitely better than his predecessor, so it could be worse.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Jermaine Kearse's greasy hands...Bennett as well because of his sniveling for more money...We probably shouldn't hate on the team that has appeared in the last 2 super bowls and hopefully a 3rd this season! But its the off season and its getting boring....

kobebryant

Reaction score
Though I am glad he's the Hawks QB, I find Russell Wilson to be insufferable a lot of the time. I can't make it through his pressers as he is a boring cliche machine. Though to be fair, most qbs aside from Hass come across like that.

Russ feels like that annoying kid at the front of the class that rats everyone out over the smallest thing.

With Bennett, Irvin and Baldwin you at least know that they are keeping it 100 and would be fun to kick it with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if the things he says are the issue because he's "boring" etc. then we are in a good place :th2thumbs:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
kobebryant":2o24jif4 said:
Though I am glad he's the Hawks QB, I find Russell Wilson to be insufferable a lot of the time. I can't make it through his pressers as he is a boring cliche machine. Though to be fair, most qbs aside from Hass come across like that.

Russ feels like that annoying kid at the front of the class that rats everyone out over the smallest thing.

With Bennett, Irvin and Baldwin you at least know that they are keeping it 100 and would be fun to kick it with.

You mean Russell Wilson that took all the blame for the pass on the 1 yard line, while Bevell blamed it on Ricardo, that Russell? The one that wanted to keep Percy Harvin even after the whole altercation that had happened and Pete traded him away. The guy that goes to the Children's hospital on point every time without missing a beat even after losing the biggest game of his life.

You can say that you hate him cause he's that annoying goody two-shoes but someone who rats someone out over the smallest thing is far from it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Jon Ryan - Complete diva, refuses to play without making more than most QB's in the NFL. Forces fans to buy his mixtape or else he won't sign their memorabilia. Probably hates Charlie Whitehurst's beautiful hair.

ADB's whole 'the world looks down on me' is also pretty tiring.

Latest posts