Who are on the Hot Seat this year?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":152ykbva said:
Marvin49":152ykbva said:
hawknation2015":152ykbva said:
Marvin49":152ykbva said:
He said they want to contend for the SB every year...you know, what ALL owners are supposed to say...but then the media and fans get ahold of it and it gets a life of its own.

No, "contend" is not enough for the petulant child that is Jed.

He wants his Super Bowl championship, NOW!

I know...How dare an owner wants to win. He should know his place in the world and accept he doesn't deserve it.

Or he should accept that he doesn't know a damn thing about the game and leave it to the people who do.

I'm really going to enjoy rubbing your face in the mess that Jed/Tomfoola will make this year.

If you say so homey.

Rub my face in it? Well of course. I'd expect no less. I also expect you to divert all credit away from Tomsula if they have any success. Such is your way.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":zzfua79n said:
hawknation2015":zzfua79n said:
Marvin49":zzfua79n said:
hawknation2015":zzfua79n said:

I know...How dare an owner wants to win. He should know his place in the world and accept he doesn't deserve it.

Or he should accept that he doesn't know a damn thing about the game and leave it to the people who do.

I'm really going to enjoy rubbing your face in the mess that Jed/Tomfoola will make this year.

If you say so homey.

Rub my face in it? Well of course. I'd expect no less. I also expect you to divert all credit away form Tomsula if they have any success. Such is your way.

24dbfaef_uw0gF.gif

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":272q71gp said:
hawknation2015":272q71gp said:
Marvin49":272q71gp said:
He said they want to contend for the SB every year...you know, what ALL owners are supposed to say...but then the media and fans get ahold of it and it gets a life of its own.

Hey Marv, actual text from Jeddy's press conference when Harbaugh was fired:

So Jed, you have a coach that just averaged over 12 wins a year in four years. What will the expectation be for a coach coming in?

JY: “To win the Super Bowl.”

Right away? In year one?

JY: “We expect to win the Super Bowl every year. That is our goal.”

And is that a reasonable expectation? So, what if that coach doesn’t win the Super Bowl in the first couple of years?

JY: “Then we’re going to have to figure out if that’s the right fit.”

He didn't say want, which is perfectly understandable, he said he expects to win the Super Bowl. With Harbaugh's replacement. And if Tomsula can't win it inside a couple years, he will consider firing him. That is the only interpretation of these words. This makes him mockable for unrealistic expectations.

Here's the full transcript:

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...s-Future/e04920e3-b5de-4255-adab-5851785757b6

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My WAG on this is Ron Rivera. The seat is always hot in Carolina depending on the wins and losses each season. This year the expectations are that the Panthers take a dive in the standings. If they do...Rivera may be done.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Maulbert":315z5111 said:
Marvin49":315z5111 said:
hawknation2015":315z5111 said:
Marvin49":315z5111 said:

Hey Marv, actual text from Jeddy's press conference when Harbaugh was fired:

So Jed, you have a coach that just averaged over 12 wins a year in four years. What will the expectation be for a coach coming in?

JY: “To win the Super Bowl.”

Right away? In year one?

JY: “We expect to win the Super Bowl every year. That is our goal.”

And is that a reasonable expectation? So, what if that coach doesn’t win the Super Bowl in the first couple of years?

JY: “Then we’re going to have to figure out if that’s the right fit.”

He didn't say want, which is perfectly understandable, he said he expects to win the Super Bowl. With Harbaugh's replacement. And if Tomsula can't win it inside a couple years, he will consider firing him. That is the only interpretation of these words. This makes him mockable for unrealistic expectations.

Here's the full transcript:

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...s-Future/e04920e3-b5de-4255-adab-5851785757b6

[youtube]jzN3yJXlWrg[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":15kpy8va said:
My money is on the Chipster to go back to the NCAA to Ohio State so he can continue getting his butt kicked by Harbaugh. :D

Good theory if some guy named Urban Meyer wasn't there.

Hot seat division by division:
AFC East - Joe Philbin
AFC North - Marvin Lewis, Mike Pettine
AFC South - Ken Whisenhunt, Gus Bradley
AFC West - None

NFC West - Tomsula (I think Fisher is safe since he has LA roots)
NFC North - None
NFC South - Lovie Smith, Sean Payton (if the Saints suck again)
NFC East - Jay Gruden

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I recently read a hot seat "article" that said after "The Call", Carroll was on the hot seat... I found the notion so absurd that i didn't post it on .NET. Ya the back to back superbowl HC is on the hot seat... What are we? the 9ers? :0190l:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think this is the year that someone says the magic word that snaps the Rams owner out of his hypnotic state and he finally fires Fisher.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Tom Coughlin? I don't necessarily think fired given he won the Giants two Superbowls but I think he would be strongly encouraged to retire if they have another down year. They haven't been good for a few years.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
The only one that comes to mind is Jed York. He doesn't have a boss, though. Lol

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
How long do we think John Fox will get at the Bears?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Fisher isn't going anywhere. He was hired to do a specific job and he is doing it well. Until the Rams relocate to LA, his position is secure.

- bds

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Irrational 9er saltiness peaking out in this thread.

Anyone want to bet a temporary a sig or avatar that Tomsula isn't the 9ers coach this time next year, or you're all just wolfing?

C'mon. Let's go. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
I see Tomsula is safe till the fans start calling for his head or the 49ers are so atrocious that the Yorks have no choice. He is a low profile guy that can be pulled by his strings, now how fast that happens is the debate. First half of the season they could get by on everything bing more relaxed and different,k then the lack of regimen and discipline could start taking it's toll. Or when they hit the first real adversity.

Yorks said Holmgren was to old, I think it was Holmgren is to big of personality, they just did big ego and personality with Harbaugh.

They could revisit Holmgren when Tomsula falters, New Stadium, a big Neon sign over the Franchise as Host or Super Bowl 50 the Tomsula hire squarely on Baalke and Yorks shoulders, a need for immediate correction could force it to happen.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I think Fisher's gotten a pass that most coaches would have gotten....your starting QB goes down, there's not too much you can typically do.

But I think this is the year - if we don't win at least 9 games, he's officially on notice that he's fired next year if we don't make the playoffs.

So I guess I don't think he's on the hot seat this year, although he should be. But the team's performance this year will or will not put him on the hot seat next year.

Latest posts