Who are the stars now?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I remember when people literally wore Rick Tuten jerseys because he was one of our few stars.
(I think I actually still have that jersey packed away)

Looking at this team, and reading reports we might trade DK and Tyler - I am left to ask who our stars actually will be?

Diggs
Dickson

Anyone else?

I guess Penny is a dark horse, but it feels like he is going to find running tough sledding when we don't have any kind of threat at QB. And Penny had a brief burst near the end of the year, was that an outlier or can we expect it moving forward? I keep remembering Pete in that playoff game against the Cowboys where he is repeatedly running into 8 & 9 boxes as if it was working. Not sure Penny can succeed doing that.

Are we literally looking at a possible future where people are proudly wearing Michael Dickson jerseys because our punter is our best player?
(Since Diggs is coming back from injury and we have no idea if he is the same player)

It feels like there won't be much left, at this point we are cheering for the Ship of Theseus.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't count out JA. It's not his fault he hasn't been utilized properly. Like his contract and what he has cost us or not (I'm guessing not), the man has All Pro potential.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Isn't the rumor that we are trading DK or Tyler to the Chiefs?

That would take DK off the board wouldn't it?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Dickson has been our MVP for some time now.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Not flashy but I love Jordyn Brooks. I think he got an all pro vote last year playing in Bobby’s shadow.

And Adams, for better or worse, is a star. One of the few players that is a league wide name.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh damn so we are trading Dickson next?\\Or just going to release him.

:)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks, #2 in tackles last year in just his 2nd year. The future is bright with him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Brooks, Taylor, Adams, Diggs, Metcalf, Lockett, Penny, Dickson

Edit to add: Noah Fant is a good, young TE. He’s only 24. He’s averaged 635 yards and 3.3 TDs in his first three seasons.

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Taylor could have 13+ sacks next year. Dudes got flash!

keasley45

Reaction score

Edit to add: Noah Fant is a good, young TE. He’s only 24. He’s averaged 635 yards and 3.3 TDs in his first three seasons.
This. I don't get all the 'this roster is garbage' talk.

Assuming Brown's knee mends properly, that dude also has star potential. Another injured potential star is Blair.

Also confident Eskridge will show out this year too.

And Carson has perennially been on lists for the most underrated backs in the league.

The team has talent.

GemCity

Reaction score
Going to say DK on offense. Hoping we see an Adams resurgence.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This. I don't get all the 'this roster is garbage' talk.

Assuming Brown's knee mends properly, that dude also has star potential. Another injured potential star is Blair.

Also confident Eskridge will show out this year too.

And Carson has perennially been on lists for the most underrated backs in the league.

The team has talent.
Agree regarding Eskridge. Projecting what our offense does he could really shine as a slot outlet.
Brown has the makings of a standout CB. If two of our other 3 guys at C/DB can step up we should be OK there.
Fant is fast! He could pile up YAC off short, quick release routes.
Blair is due to have a year that goes his way. He could be a STAR for us. Don't we also still have Amadi? He's no slouch.
I like the starting 3 man front we have on D. If our depth can cover that should be a solid group.
If we can get our O Line shipshape we're not nearly in as bad shape as a lot of the groaners are making us out to be.

QuahHawk

Reaction score

Good List, I agree.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure putting Fant on the list makes sense. Pete has a rough time using great TEs even when he has them.

Eskridge is more a hope, I haven't seen him flash enough to project him as a star. Blair has been injured so maybe, but he has had enough time in the saddle that you would expect him to have a few standout games, but just a great hit here or there.

Brooks I am on the fence about as well. Need to see more of him having a standout game, feels like he is due but until he has a few or at least one dominant game...hard to project him as a star. Certainly the look of a good player but there is a difference.

Penny has had some standout games. He needs more consistency.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ask someone in the midwest or East Coast who our stars are or player who they identify with our team. I would think they would say DK, or Adams as of today. We will need a bunch of guys to step up the next two seasons to remake our image and have a face of the Franchise.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Who cares? Hopefully we field a team that wins and gets better and the stars will naturally emerge. Why are people hung up on this?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not sure putting Fant on the list makes sense. Pete has a rough time using great TEs even when he has them.

Eskridge is more a hope, I haven't seen him flash enough to project him as a star. Blair has been injured so maybe, but he has had enough time in the saddle that you would expect him to have a few standout games, but just a great hit here or there.

Brooks I am on the fence about as well. Need to see more of him having a standout game, feels like he is due but until he has a few or at least one dominant game...hard to project him as a star. Certainly the look of a good player but there is a difference.

Penny has had some standout games. He needs more consistency.

This is further AP negative debate. The OC is Waldron and the team has a different QB who can throw short passes and Fant is a good TE so Pete has little to do with whether he performs here or not.

Brooks will be out of the shadow of 54 and able to show his stuff. He certainly played well last season. Penny needs to stay healthy and actually play more games.

chris98251

Reaction score
People were reading the tea leaves for two or more seasons and the Rose colored portion refused to acknowledge things, Pete has control and dictates what we do, Wilson isn't here because he wanted to do things different then Pete. Pete won, all in or your out.