Votes: 47 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

semiahmoo

Reaction score
MrThortan":3e02505a said:
Home game this week, so that is good. I also think this team is not going to take lightly to getting owned last Sunday and are going to be dialed in. There is a bit of revenge against the Rams needed and they just fired their coach. Win

Another home game against the Cardinals. The first game this season ended in a tie. The Seahawks are really good at home. Win

Need to go into Levi Stadium and play the Niners. They have really sucked this year, but any NFL team is dangerous. I think Detroit will have either dropped one are be dropping one and the Seahawks will be playing for the 2nd seed. Win

Then it is playoff simulator time. Best case scenario we get the 2nd seed and play at home. We could go to the Super Bowl... the path is there. I can't predict the future though, and can only hope.

But imagine if we LOSE on Thursday?

OOF.

And what is nagging a lot of us is the fact we KNOW this team offers up that possibility.

MrThortan

Reaction score
@semiahmoo

You're right. The sky is falling. The Seahawks suck and will never win again. Season is over and no point watching. Russell is too short. End of an era...

There... is that better?

HawkerD

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mil0bco said:
I've been watching since 76, I get it. I believe they CAN and they WILL. My own opinion.
That's called faith. Nothing wrong with it. Hundreds of millions subscribe to it.

Seafan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pdka48l said:
Why watch the team then if you don't believe they can make the Super Bowl?

I'm a fan. That is why you watch a team. Been one since 1976.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seafan":l5oey0oh said:
SoulfishHawk":l5oey0oh said:
Why watch the team then if you don't believe they can make the Super Bowl?

I'm a fan. That is why you watch a team. Been one since 1976.

Yup. Watching with the old man. Season tix holders for a spell when they could be had on the cheap.

Largent was the man.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
this team is fully capable of winning the Super Bowl this particular season despite not quite being on the level. No path through existence is linear; I believe this regime/QB/era whatever scale you want to talk about...we have a window open right now that 9/10 teams can't touch. We're at the level we need to he to compete and we are in survive and advance mode and anything can happen. I give ourselves at least a 50/50 shot of hosting the NFCCG this year.

Gotta believe we can do it. Don't know if we will but it'll be interesting to see. Never a dull moment.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2aypi5e4 said:
this team is fully capable of winning the Super Bowl this particular season despite not quite being on the level. No path through existence is linear; I believe this regime/QB/era whatever scale you want to talk about...we have a window open right now that 9/10 teams can't touch. We're at the level we need to he to compete and we are in survive and advance mode and anything can happen. I give ourselves at least a 50/50 shot of hosting the NFCCG this year.

Gotta believe we can do it. Don't know if we will but it'll be interesting to see. Never a dull moment.

Been a yin n yang season to be sure.

Would love to see these Hawks rally and become a legit Super Bowl threat.

Bit shaky at the moment, but you're right - never lose hope!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2doijgnn said:
A 9-7 Raiders team won a Superbowl.

A 9-7 Giants team won a Superbowl.

A 9-7 Steelers team won a Superbowl.

MANY 10-6 teams have won Superbowls. Many teams that have had far less going for them than this Seahawks team have won Superbowls.

The one common component to all these teams winning Superbowls - is a veteran defense and a hot QB who has big time playmakers.... and a year where the best teams in the NFL are not so great.

Every single one of these conditions is currently present.

Any team can win it this year -- and it's not going to be a favorite.

IMO -- Steelers, Chiefs, or Seahawks win this Superbowl, maybe even the Packers if they can get in.

It's one of those years.

You bring up some good points. Often, it's just doing enough to qualify for the playoffs, get healthy and hoping you can peak at the right time and stay hot. Baltimore at 10-6 in 2012 another example. And both Giants' titles the last decade at 10-6 and 9-7. Sometimes it's the defense that becomes unstoppable in the postseason and carries the whole team, as with those teams above.

(An aside, the Raiders' worst record when they won it all was 11-5 as a wildcard in '80-did you mean the 9-7 Rams of '79 that made the SB? Also the Steelers' worst record of their title teams was 11-5 in '05-that team had to win 3 on the road to make the SB. At least we'll have at least 1 home game.)

McGruff

Reaction score
I just ran the playoff machine at ESPN.

I have us as the #1 seed. We win out (likely) and Dallas is exposed as a fraud and loses out and makes the playoff as as wildcard.

Their schedule remaining is brutal.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Per Lou Holtz: “You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.”

This team is a good team. After a couple days to cool off and find some perspective, I realized that literally everything that could have gone wrong in the Green Bay game did. Think about it:

1. GB ran the ball well
2. Hawks couldn't get to the QB
3. Hawks missed early deep shots
4. Rogers was on fire - what'd he have like a perfect passer rating through most of the first half?
5. Every tipped ball ended up in the hands of a GB defender - literally every. single. one. Even muffed punts ended up back in the hands of Randle Friggin Cobb.
6. Hawks slipped and tripped all over the field which led to big plays by GB (see KJ and Jimmy).

So when you ask, do I still feel good about Seattle's chances this year, I say absolutely. Because I know it'll never be as bad as that game was. And we were a couple early plays away from a totally different outcome.

I am concerned about the loss of Earl, but at this time of year everyone has major injuries. As I see it, if we can get more push from our DT to help out our DE's we'll get more pressure on the opposing QB. Our running game is back, and even Alex Collins is making a contribution (ignoring the fumble). Russ will play better, he's a top 5 QB in my book.

It's gonna be okay.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
nash72":3dj900uw said:
Nope

People keep saying Sunday was just one game and Russ wont play like that again, but he and the team sucked just as bad against Tampa only 2 weeks ago. I have zero confidence in this team getting to the superbowl and I believe the window has closed and they will be even worse next year.

I'm officially here with this team, and the performance last night against a mediocre Rams secondary. If the Rams had a decent QB, and a receiver that can catch a ball dropped right into him the game would have been a lot different.

I'm just a fan, but I don't understand how you can expect to run into a wall and gain anything against a team that always gives you fits in doing so. Probably execution, but the play caller has had plenty of time to know what he has against a team that excels in that area.

I missed the Baldwin run to Bevell after his touchdown, but have seen the you tube video of Sherman. It obviously shows that there is a divide in the locker room with the play calling. Maybe stemming back to XLIX. I don't assume anything, but anyone not seeing this is oblivious.

It's onto next week and the Cards. I'm hopeful for anything at this point and will always predict a Hawks win.