Who do you WANT to win the Super Bowl?

Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

• Denver Broncos

Votes: 60 88.2%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Erebus":3g1crgtn said:
This is another reason I'm rooting for Denver. The Panthers and Seahawks are very similar teams, which is why the Panthers had a tendency to draft players you liked for the Seahawks. The NFL is a copycat league, and if two recent Super Bowl winners use the same blueprint, it's going to spread around more to other teams. It's going to be more difficult to acquire Seahawky players.

That's a great point.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":21rbm9mu said:
Erebus":21rbm9mu said:
This is another reason I'm rooting for Denver. The Panthers and Seahawks are very similar teams, which is why the Panthers had a tendency to draft players you liked for the Seahawks. The NFL is a copycat league, and if two recent Super Bowl winners use the same blueprint, it's going to spread around more to other teams. It's going to be more difficult to acquire Seahawky players.

That's a great point.

+1

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Who do I WANT to win Super Bowl 50? The Seahawks. A Seahawk victory would have made today extra special for me personally. Now, today in so many ways is just another day for me.

I'll settle for a Broncos win (and as one who goes back to the old AFC West days that pains me to say that). I just look at it as the lesser of 2 evils. I'm old school when it comes to good sportsmanship. I love the Russell Wilson and Steve Largent "shut your mouth and let your play do the talking" approach to sports ... Cam Newton and his little 1st down yapping Superman look at me 12th Man flag stomping act -- not so much. For those reasons, I'm hoping a class act like Peyton Manning finds a way to go out on top.

That's what I'm left rooting for, as what I was wishing for (just like the rest of us) unfortunately didn't happen this year. A Hawks victory today was the only true birthday present I wanted.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I want the Broncos to win because I respect their Defense, especially Ware.

I think they have a slim chance of winning, but I'd be happy for them if they won.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Ok, so it's time for my Aros moment.

I go to church every Sunday before the game. On occasion, the pastor or another person on stage would work in a "Go Hawks" during the service, or simply wear a Seahawks jersey up there.

Every time this has happened, including before SB XLIV and the Carolina playoff game, Seattle has not just lost, but lost in memorably painful or frustrating fashion. The Seahawks are something like 0-6 when this happens at my church.

I felt pretty good about Denver pulling the upset all of the last two weeks. Then at church this morning, the pastor talked about how at our church we don't play favorites with politics or sports teams... then he ripped open his outer shirt to show a Denver Broncos T-shirt underneath.

Sorry PeyPey. It's not to be this year.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Erebus":63dbqrlh said:
I want the Broncos to win. Since the media is creating a rivalry between Wilson and Newton, and by extension the Seahawks vs Panthers, I want the Panthers to be unable to beat a worse version of a team we crushed in the Super Bowl.

Denver...for the same reason stated above.