• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zfxrod03 said:
chris98251":zfxrod03 said:
This year? The Commercials.
Based on the record of commercials last year (I'd say they went 6-10 at best), I'm not expecting them to put up much of a fight...or provide that much entertainment.

That would still be better then New England, the Packers or Pittsburgh winning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":1dztryvj said:
RolandDeschain":1dztryvj said:
chris98251":1dztryvj said:
This year? The Commercials.
Based on the record of commercials last year (I'd say they went 6-10 at best), I'm not expecting them to put up much of a fight...or provide that much entertainment.

That would still be better then New England, the Packers or Pittsburgh winning.
A knife to my junk is better than any of those outcomes.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":zfkdauld said:
I want Atlanta to win, but think Green Bay is going to be your champion

The matchup is quite favorable for Atlanta. Rodgers is still Rodgers but it's not like Atlanta doesn't have the firepower to keep up... and the better run game to go with the better D.

It's the game I wanted... close out the Dome with a trip to the Super Bowl.

WilsonMVP":zfkdauld said:
And the Packers...oh ya having Favre and Rodgers since 92 really stings. Man how rough it must be to have two back to back top 10 ALL TIME HOF QBs for almost 25 years.

Not nearly as rough as it was being a fan of the team that traded Favre to Green Bay.

ptisme

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":u4yaew6j said:
Hasselbeck":u4yaew6j said:

The matchup is quite favorable for Atlanta. Rodgers is still Rodgers but it's not like Atlanta doesn't have the firepower to keep up... and the better run game to go with the better D.

WilsonMVP":u4yaew6j said:
And the Packers...oh ya having Favre and Rodgers since 92 really stings. Man how rough it must be to have two back to back top 10 ALL TIME HOF QBs for almost 25 years.

Not nearly as rough as it was being a fan of the team that traded Favre to Green Bay.
I see Seattle fans complain a lot about their OC... Hard to imagine he could be worse at his job than Dom Capers is as our DC... I think Atlanta will hang 45 on us this weekend... Still might not be enough though....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ckhpqn81 said:
If it's GB vs. either NE or PIT, I'm seriously considering watching a replay of Super Bowl 48 while the live Super Bowl is on. I probably won't have the gumption to actually do that, but it's tempting.

This has serious merit. Either that or the Wizard of Oz. May just hope the witch wins.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Foghawk":203l5fci said:
The choices we have here leave little to be desired for me, was really hoping KC would make it to the big dance. Now, I have no choice but to pull for the Falcons. Before last week I would have been a bit more enthusiastic about it, but a few of their fans rubbed the shine off. But there is no way I want to see Pitt, GB, or NE hoisting the Lombardi :?

This is how I feel as well...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Pulling for the Falcons, with Patriots the second choice.

I know people don't like NE but I can't help but respect their consistency. People want to whine about cheating, blah blah - the Seahawks have their own issues there now and again and tow the line. Consistency to me is the benchmark of a quality franchise and nobody in the NFL has ever done it better. Plus I grew up playing madden and they were always the worst team.

As much as I don't relish seeing them hold up yet another Trophy, I feel like for lack of a better phrase, it's "less damaging" to me than watching Pig Ben Rapeishburgers and mike tomlin get another trophy, and I just don't like Aaron Rodgers and the understated shots he takes and constantly backs out of.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
1 - Atlanta. I have a ton of respect for Quinn. I think Ryan deserves a ring. Every team has "those" fans, including ours. I don't let that bother me. The Atlanta fans, on average, aren't nearly as intolerable as the fans from Dallas, Santa Clara, and New England

Other than that, its just a fest of :pukeface:

2 - New England - ONLY because I want to see the look on Roger Goodell's face when he has to hand the trophy to Tom Brady.

3 - Pittsburgh - I don't hate the team as much as I hate the league and the XL refs.

4 - GB - Roger's is overexposed enough as it is. I just don't think I can stand to see the suck fest resulting from him going home with a Lombardi and the MVP (which you know he will win if they take the Lombardi) :pukeface: Also Clay Matthews' hair.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3dxwz8vg said:
To your GB quote

Because "The Packers" are an average team propped up by Rodgers and ref favortism. They would be lucky to have some 7-9 BS without Rodgers with the talent around him. Also Mccarthy and Capers have to be two of the most overrated coaches in the entire NFL

Exactly why Rodgers is so incredible. He is carrying that entire team right now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":15nft759 said:
Hasselbeck":15nft759 said:

Yeah I think any Falcon fan would be foolish to not want one game, in your house, for a shot at the Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers has gone into Atlanta white hot before though. I would never, ever, ever feel safe playing that guy when he's on a hot streak.

But hoping you guys pull it out. :2thumbs:

Smellyman

Reaction score
I don't hate GB like most do. Rodgers is the best qb imo. I'd take him over Brady any day. Brady has been in a better system, better players and a better coach though. It's like a Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith debate.

And I hate Falcons fans now.......and the South.

Go Packers.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Now that the Hawks are out of it, I can just watch football to enjoy it. I just hope they're good close games.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3smc8g4h said:
FalconsFanNW":3smc8g4h said:
Hasselbeck":3smc8g4h said:

Yeah I think any Falcon fan would be foolish to not want one game, in your house, for a shot at the Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers has gone into Atlanta white hot before though. I would never, ever, ever feel safe playing that guy when he's on a hot streak.

But hoping you guys pull it out. :2thumbs:

Us too... And hopefully not like ya'll did in 2014. LOL

I'm fully expecting a shootout and hopefully we will get the win. As said I think the matchup is favorable for Atlanta. Sure Rodgers is hot... But so is Ryan. I think Rodgers leads in interceptions over the last 6 games... 1-0. Both QBs are in a zone with a lot of TDs.

Atlanta isn't as banged up... Has a better run game and receivers... Better defense... I just can't think of a reason not to be confident. Yes I remember 2010 when Rodgers came in as a 6 seed and knocked us off. That Atlanta team was a fraud... Defense couldn't force a single GB punt either. Nobody left from that team except Ryan, Babs and Bryant I think.

Don't get me wrong I've got tons of respect for Rodgers. I just think Atlanta is better and given the home game I like our chances. 18 years is a long time.

You know what's funny though? The best years of Atlanta Falcons football are separated by 18 years.

1980 12-4
1998 14-2 with a trip to XXXIII
2016 ???

:2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rooting for Atlanta, but would love to see the Stealers get screwed over XL* style in the process if they make it that far. 8)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't care. Whoever I have money on. I'm not a "fan" who roots for and against certain teams with an exception being the Seahawks. Haven't quite figured out who I'm going to be a "fan" of this week.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Green Bay. I hate them the least. Definitely do not want ATL to tie us with 1 SB win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk