Who is the most intriguing under the radar rookie for 2017?

two dog

Reaction score
Delano Hill is my favorite but he is hardly under the radar.

Jordan Roos looks to me to be as good as some of their drafted players.
I will be very surprised if he doesn't make the 53 man squad.

Really like Algie brown's film too. In fact I really like this draft class even though
I didn't know some of the names when they were drafted. The free agents are
an intriguing bunch too with what seems to be lots PO-tential.
But that's the usual with JS and pete.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Chris Carson is the rookie I want to see. I don't know that he's under the radar, but maybe raw.

As for non rookies, but still young and trying to crack into some live snaps or even just make the team:

Neiko Thorpe - They payed him 1.3 million to stay (They payed McDougald 2 mil). He's got some ability and has been a core STer. Keep and eye on this one. He's only guaranteed 300K I think so he wants his first mil ticket.

Elliot - Not really unlike Thorpe except without the contract. The Hawks coaching staff has just gotten to him sooner.

Kache Palacio stood out last preseason and played well on ST. It's possible he beats out a guy like Brown for a roster spot. Brown is a better athlete, but he's also not been the most physical inside backer (that means both MLB and WLB for the Hawks like a 3-4 sort of kind of).

We really do need another TE to step up outside the 3 that we're expecting. Swoops could be a real natural that we need to keep around. It wouldn't hurt if he took on some H-Back/FB type duties to make himself more valuable.

A-Dog

Reaction score
For me it's Delano Hill.

I think we are gonna go heavy on big nickel and I think he's tailor-made for the role - he's got great size and length, is great on the line of scrimmage, and played a fair amount of slot in college.

The thing about the big nickel is, if you go with a bigger safety in the role, they will get eaten alive by quick slot receivers. If you go with a smaller CB, they will struggle against TEs, who more and more often are playing as slot receiver. Hill splits the difference really well, he's got both the speed and athleticism to have a shot against smaller slot receivers, plus the length to contest balls thrown high to TEs. Plus he'll show out in run support. If you look at the ideal big nickel, guys like Eric Berry fit the ideal - athleticism and cover ability plus length and strength. Not saying he's Eric Berry but he could make an impact right away in the role.

As far as veteran players, look out for Deandre Elliott. If you look at his pre-draft numbers he fits the prototype, he's had a year to learn the kick-step and the cover-3, and to my eye he looked pretty damn good in his limited field time. He may end up winning the RCB position in camp.

massari

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1oeey8ig said:
I think mostly because of his non football background and cool way we beat people to his signing then Cyril Grayson would be my intriguing rookie pick.

He sounds like he should be British nobility which also endears me to him.

Looking pretty good

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AB_Xplode/status/884592316656254976[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Arthur Brown, for reference. Looking at his college tapes, I'm not sure how he could be struggling at the POA....at least not for lack of effort (same could be said for KPL. This is the NFL after all). He's got some real tough gems in here. Still, it looks like he's WLB competition for KPL and any others trying to stick there.

[youtube]F-8PakrrQok[/youtube]

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":24xr0wxe said:
I think mostly because of his non football background and cool way we beat people to his signing then Cyril Grayson would be my intriguing rookie pick.

He sounds like he should be British nobility which also endears me to him.
Yeah, he sounds like Lord Greystoke--I want to see him go Tarzan on some mofo's ass.

Latest posts