Who is the surprise RB this preseason?

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3jxxx7w3 said:
ACFan":3jxxx7w3 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3jxxx7w3 said:
I could go with Collins. Second year leap and all.

well, that's a strong point to emphasize.

RBs who rely on instincts and vision really need to know the offense before they can excel.

So very true with Collins, and that grasp of the offense clearly happened towards the end of last season. I expect big things from AC this year.

Part of me kinda hopes Collins gets cut and then catches on with another team a la Spencer Ware - just so you go away. I get really irritated by people who only follow a player here, rather than being invested in the team.
Lets hope that doesn't happen before Pope among a few others are long gone.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":oacjcj8x said:
I am very excited to see what Carson will do. He has that 'Beast Mode' look to his running. He seems really hungry and he was the 2nd ranked RB in the draft based on the Slaytics report. We also have the #1 ranked FB.
https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22230743/Slaytics-2017-Final1.pdf

Physically, Carson reminds me of kam, just a couple inches shorter. He hits like Kam, too. I think he will make a big impression once the pads go on.

Edit: I also believe Collins is going to surprise people as well. I saw a pic of him, he looks like he is in excellent condition. The dude has transformed his body.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope all of them surprise. But the biggest surprise I hope for is the OL opening up holes other than their buttholes. Which were the only holes any running back saw running behind the OL past couple seasons. That would be good, having a competition in which all backs are excelling. Nice problem to have.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
JD McKissic.

The more I read up on him, the more I am impressed with his potential.

He was a WR to RB convert for Atlanta and came into the league with a niche of being a dangerous returner.

He also had a pretty good Pre-Season last year. I really like this dude and he's probably the only RB in hand that can do the things Prosise can.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wow, not sure I've seen a football pertinent sentence that includes buttholes where it actually works, but hey....

Run blocking will start to improve halfway through the season along with the pass blocking. We'll have 19 different starting combinations before settling into an actual starting 5 I'm sure.