Who is your 2022-2023 breakout player of the year?

Spohawks

Reaction score
For me it's Gerald Everett. Yes, he dropped some passes this year but I thought as a whole he looked great and by this time next year he could have a huge impact on the offence.

2021 stats 48 receptions for 478 yards.

SI.com wrote...
The Seahawks did get what they paid for. After several seasons finishing in the bottom half of the league in yards after the catch, per Per Pro Football Focus, Everett finished a respectable ninth among tight ends with 50 or more targets averaging 5.2 yards after the catch per reception. He was credited with 11 missed tackles forced, tied for sixth-most among players at his respective position, bringing toughness and physicality their passing game lacked in the past".

getnasty

Reaction score
I think Darrell Taylor jumps up to that 12-14 sack range. He's gonna be a stud.

keasley45

Reaction score
One of:

Eskridge
Taylor
Brooks
Tre Brown

Hard to say who with the Qb and DC up in the air. But one of those four I think is a safe bet.

keasley45

Reaction score
Spohawks":38cm9n8d said:
For me it's Gerald Everett. Yes, he dropped some passes this year but I thought as a whole he looked great and by this time next year he could have a huge impact on the offence.

2021 stats 48 receptions for 478 yards.

SI.com wrote...
The Seahawks did get what they paid for. After several seasons finishing in the bottom half of the league in yards after the catch, per Per Pro Football Focus, Everett finished a respectable ninth among tight ends with 50 or more targets averaging 5.2 yards after the catch per reception. He was credited with 11 missed tackles forced, tied for sixth-most among players at his respective position, bringing toughness and physicality their passing game lacked in the past".

Everett is a heap of beast and still untapped potential. They should use him as a wr some. Would give us a Titans type threat at the position.

toffee

Reaction score
Next season shall be a bountiful year with multiple players having breakout year: Parkinson, Eskrige, Brown, Taylor, BKK, Barton, and last but not the least Collier.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Phil Haynes. We already started to see it in a couple of games this season.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Taylor looks like a breakout stud, in the right scheme. Parkinson should emerge next year as a good safety blanket and red zone target. How about Homer? He came out of nowhere and worked his ass off to not only make this team but determined to carving out a niche. Already a very good blocker and now has confidence and some developing power and thickness. Could be a real third down asset.

I’d also like to see Alton Robinson lose weight and get more explosive. He can be disruptive but he seemed slow and too big this year. If he can get stronger while losing 15 lbs look out.

toffee

Reaction score
nanomoz":1kpcupmm said:
Phil Haynes. We already started to see it in a couple of games this season.

A good one, even better if he could man LG, Lewis could move back to RG.

sutz

Reaction score
Not a player, but a unit: the offensive line. Plus, I don't really think we'll bring in some big name FA, either. Brown, Haynes, Pocic, Lewis, Curhan. I think they'll shine.

seabowl

Reaction score
DK Metcalf

Once he is in a system that gets him the ball in the correct parts of the field he’ll be unstoppable

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd say Penny but he may already have broken out in 2021. I'll go with LJ Collier. For no other reason than it would be great if he did.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2wwj6hjm said:
I'd say Penny but he may already have broken out in 2021. I'll go with LJ Collier. For no other reason than it would be great if he did.
LJ Collier unfortunately will have the same or worse trajectory as Aaron Curry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No he won't. While Collier may never fully realize his potential, it would never be as low as Aaron Curry. LJ was never touted the "best defensive player in the draft" like Curry was. Many mediots were touting Curry as the next coming of Lawrence Taylor. No one was doing that for Collier. Most probably they never heard of Collier until the Seahawks chose him. Everyone knew of Curry and at least 90% of people thought it was a great pick at the time. There were a few who thought that Mark Sanchez would have been better. However, in hindsight he wouldn't have been better either.

Elemas

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2u8tbg0k said:
No he won't. While Collier may never fully realize his potential, it would never be as low as Aaron Curry. LJ was never touted the "best defensive player in the draft" like Curry was. Many mediots were touting Curry as the next coming of Lawrence Taylor. No one was doing that for Collier. Most probably they never heard of Collier until the Seahawks chose him. Everyone knew of Curry and at least 90% of people thought it was a great pick at the time. There were a few who thought that Mark Sanchez would have been better. However, in hindsight he wouldn't have been better either.

Cmoooon dude. You can’t actually believe Collier is going to have a breakout season?? LMFAO

LTH

Reaction score
For me it's Penny... I think his reemergence is going to propel the Hawks

toffee

Reaction score
sutz":3ncgyfv2 said:
Not a player, but a unit: the offensive line. Plus, I don't really think we'll bring in some big name FA, either. Brown, Haynes, Pocic, Lewis, Curhan. I think they'll shine.

Ideally, one brings Brown back at a discount, and with full understanding that he won't be playing every snap which may help to prolong his career. He must also agree to assume the role to mentor and help develop our next LT.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GemCity":s9k4o44y said:
hawkfan68":s9k4o44y said:

Cmoooon dude. You can’t actually believe Collier is going to have a breakout season?? LMFAO

No I don’t believe it. My original post when I said him was mostly tongue in cheek. On the post quoted, I was referring to the comparison with Aaron Curry. Which I believe isn’t applicable because of the perceived value by the media of Curry and Collier before their respective drafts. Curry was a supposed be a sure thing - safe pick. Collier not so much - big reach at the point where he was drafted.

While I don’t believe Collier will breakout n 2022-23, if does play well, it would only be a good thing for the Seahawks (if he’s still on the team). That’s all that matters in the end.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, maybe he will break out of Hero ball and go back to being a QB that compliments his offense and takes his shots when set up rather than forcing them.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I hate to be that guy, but I’d bring Rasheem* Green. He’s only 25. And, per Brandon Thorn’s charting, is actually a productive player in his role.

I don’t know if he’d be a “breakout” player. But I don’t think he’s a Collier type bust. Collier is what he is. Green has done a lot in Seattle. Interior, Edge, The Clowney Stand Up role.

And again, he’s probably cheap and only 25. There’s still development to be had.

*Thanks Soulfish