Who takes SAM linebacker?

Tical21

Reaction score
Agreed with HN and Kip. Pinkins can't play SAM. Marsh intrigues me but I would have to watch him in coverage. To be fair, I also saw Morgan on the first play. It looked to me like there was emphasis on setting the edge this week. Pinkins also gave up contain last week for a huge run. This position could be a candidate to add a veteran that gets cut by another team. I'm okay with Morgan though. He has played fine before.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
One thing of note. A TE or FB is not a pulling G or T. Those gifs aren't apples to apples when comparing run d with Morgan and Marsh. I do think it's going to be Morgan, however.

McGruff

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1mntcaer said:
One thing of note. A TE or FB is not a pulling G or T. Those gifs aren't apples to apples when comparing run d with Morgan and Marsh. I do think it's going to be Morgan, however.

I thought the same thing. The positive examples of Morgan are against a TE. The negative examples of Marsh are against a LT and Pulling LG. Not the same situation at all.

McGruff

Reaction score
two dog":2p9qusaf said:
Mike Morgan was a pretty smart linebacker before these other guys WERE linebackers.

Morgan's your guy.

He's a veteran and hes safe, but he's not the future. I'd much rather have one of the young guys step into the role and take it for a few years.

But at the end of the day, it's a bit role that will impact 30% of the defensI've snaps. I'm not worried.

two dog

Reaction score
McGruff":yw7293ao said:
two dog":yw7293ao said:
Mike Morgan was a pretty smart linebacker before these other guys WERE linebackers.

Morgan's your guy.

He's a veteran and hes safe, but he's not the future. I'd much rather have one of the young guys step into the role and take it for a few years.

But at the end of the day, it's a bit role that will impact 30% of the defensI've snaps. I'm not worried.

Agreed it would be ideal IF they are capable of stepping into the role.
Both are probably the physical superior of Morgan but the disconnect may be play diagnosis.

sc85sis

Reaction score
When Pete jokes that Mike Mo has been playing for him since the sixth grade, it's not actually that much of an exaggeration. This will be Mike's tenth year of being coached by Pete. The only year he had a different head coach (since HS), was his senior year at USC, which was Pete' s first year in Seattle.

That familiarity definitely gives Mike an edge in this competition.