Who was right about Wilson pre-draft?

Aristotle22

Reaction score
After having watched him in Sconnie I was pretty excited about what he could do. Fun stuff. He gets abused less running, than in the pocket. Nifty ball carrier

Jacob

Reaction score
Emory Hunt from football gameplan.com
Not only did he love the pick but predicted that he would be the starter sometime during his rookie year because he was better than Flynn. That was the day of the draft too.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The only person that mattered, John Schneider. It didn't matter who else may claim to have seen his eliteness, except for his head coach at Wisconsin.

There are one or two people on this board that really liked him, but what difference does that really make?

Nobody predicted he would be this good, nobody except Russell Wilson and his dad. I believe Russells dad saw the talent early on and that is the reason that he pushed his son so hard to be a success.

So when it comes down to it, there are 4 people that saw it. Russell's dad, his coach at Wisconsin, John Schneider, and Pete Carroll.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ivotuk":3cu2frst said:
The only person that mattered, John Schneider. It didn't matter who else may claim to have seen his eliteness, except for his head coach at Wisconsin.

There are one or two people on this board that really liked him, but what difference does that really make?

Nobody predicted he would be this good, nobody except Russell Wilson and his dad. I believe Russells dad saw the talent early on and that is the reason that he pushed his son so hard to be a success.

So when it comes down to it, there are 4 people that saw it. Russell's dad, his coach at Wisconsin, John Schneider, and Pete Carroll.

.....and God.....so that makes three more. ;)

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I have no proof from here (since I didn't know about .net yet). But was talking to my assistant manager and he was laughing at the horrible draft we had, I told him straight up, "I love Wilson, he is the QBOTF for us". But, even then, I thought that Flynn would be our starter coming out of camp.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If Pete and John thought Russell was going to be this good, they would have been fools not to have taken him with their #1. The draft is way too unpredictable to miss out on a franchise quarterback if you are dead certain he was the one.

captSE

Reaction score
I remember someone on this forum calling for Wilson way before the draft. My thought at the time was, "who's Russell Wilson"?
When we finally drafted him I thought back, "damn, that guy must be happy about the Wilson draft". I often think back trying to remember who that was........maybe it was Kearly as someone said.

Then I remember when PC named Russell as the starter. My thought? OH NOOO. Don't start a rookie.......haha.

Now my grandson calls himself Russell Wilson. He's 3 years old.