Who was the biggest 1st round reach in your opinion?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wij09a1 said:
Justin Britt.

I don't believe the spin some are putting on the pick by saying there was a run on tackles. Even if there was you still don't take him that high.
Hahaha, you almost got me with that one. Obviously you know Britt was taken with the final pick of the 2nd round, not the first round. Boy, I almost fell for it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Is Bortels really a bigger reach than Johnny Manziel at #22? I don't think so......

Bortles may not be great, but my gawd Manziel sucks.

Seafan

Reaction score
Manziel should not have been drafted and that was what I thought back in April.

Bortles will defintely be the best QB in this draft.

Martin was the correct pick for Dallas. Wish Jurrah would have slapped his son and drafted Manziel.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":1djc6m91 said:
DTexHawk":1djc6m91 said:
kearly":1djc6m91 said:
My opinion:

Blake Bortles. Not even the best QB in the draft, IMO. Jacksonville would have been able to get a QB in round 2 almost guaranteed. Both Watkins and Mack are super-studs and filled big needs for Jacksonville. Whoops.

Zack Martin. Seems so damn ordinary to me, what am I missing? James Carpenter with hype.

Some of those corners left the board too early, though with such a huge run on DBs early, I'll cut those teams some slack. Especially Cleveland, who reached for a corner early but still had a masterful 1st round.

So hard to judge a draft before the player ever attends a practice.

Anyone want to adjust their thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000452986/article/2014-allpro-teams

Really dude? You dug this up to specifically be a dick?

I don't think he did it to call out kearly... rather he quoted the first post in the thread to bump it.

chet380

Reaction score
Aaron Curry -- 4th overall ... still hurts after all these years

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2jnma6vk said:
kearly":2jnma6vk said:
My opinion:

Blake Bortles. Not even the best QB in the draft, IMO. Jacksonville would have been able to get a QB in round 2 almost guaranteed. Both Watkins and Mack are super-studs and filled big needs for Jacksonville. Whoops.

Zack Martin. Seems so damn ordinary to me, what am I missing? James Carpenter with hype.

Some of those corners left the board too early, though with such a huge run on DBs early, I'll cut those teams some slack. Especially Cleveland, who reached for a corner early but still had a masterful 1st round.

What a douche move

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3mhlrs83 said:
DTexHawk":3mhlrs83 said:
kearly":3mhlrs83 said:
My opinion:

What a douche move

How is it a douche move? He hasn't specifically called anyone out, just quoted the original thread. I find it interesting to look back at these, as long as it's not done in bad taste; I don't really see evidence of that here.

Don't know what the link's for though, maybe added the wrong one.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1q5r9990 said:
Hawkfan77":1q5r9990 said:
DTexHawk":1q5r9990 said:
kearly":1q5r9990 said:
My opinion:

What a douche move

How is it a douche move? He hasn't specifically called anyone out, just quoted the original thread. I find it interesting to look back at these, as long as it's not done in bad taste; I don't really see evidence of that here.

I'll illuminate:

He quoted Kip based on the Zach Martin observation. Then hamhandedly adds a link to the all pro team which has Martin as an All Pro. Coupled with a thinly (not really even that) disguised rebuke of "Are you sure you don't want to change your tune?". Finally, given the user name -- it's pretty obvious to anyone that this is a dig on Kip not regarding Martin as a special player. Rubbing his nose in Zach's success after the fact.

He didn't link the wrong thing. He wasn't trying to revisit the thread. He was simply being a complete (colloquial term for Richard).

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2qt443ey said:
SomersetHawk":2qt443ey said:

I'll illuminate:

He quoted Kip based on the Zach Martin observation. Then hamhandedly adds a link to the all pro team which has Martin as an All Pro. Coupled with a thinly (not really even that) disguised rebuke of "Are you sure you don't want to change your tune?". Finally, given the user name -- it's pretty obvious to anyone that this is a dig on Kip not regarding Martin as a special player. Rubbing his nose in Zach's success after the fact.

He didn't link the wrong thing. He wasn't trying to revisit the thread. He was simply being a complete (colloquial term for Richard).

Well, I whiffed on that one! Totally missed that Martin was an all-pro.

Douche move indeed. Lynch him!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Bortles now?

I still think picking him at No. 3 overall was a big reach. 11-17 TD to INT ratio and 58.9% completions is not a very good start. I don't think I see a franchise QB.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Well his OC was just fired so I'd like to see a little more from Bortles

hawknation2015

Reaction score
-The Glove-":23e4cmnz said:
Well his OC was just fired so I'd like to see a little more from Bortles

It's hard to tell. There were moments where I thought he looked more in command of the offense than I expected.

Jake Matthews was a bigger reach than I anticipated.

Jimmie Ward was just as bad as I expected. I guess 49er fans can use the excuse that he struggled so much in coverage because he was forced to play out of position in the nickel. Poor instincts, bad tackling fundamentals, and injury prone is not a strong combination for a First Round draft pick. Their attempt to find their own Earl Thomas was a major flop.