Who will be the #1 & #2 RB's week one next year?

Who will be the #1 & #2 RB's week one next year?

• 1. Lynch & Rawls?

Votes: 48 29.8%
  • 2. Rawls & Cmike?

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • 3. Rawks & draft pick?

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • 4. Rawls & outside veteran?

Votes: 12 7.5%

• Total voters

rideaducati

Reaction score
If Michael puts the work in over the offseason, I think he might be the starting RB next year.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Does anyone really think the team will pay Lynch $12 million for next year? I personally think there is 0% change of that.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I see Rawls , Michael and a draft pick. Perhaps the other young guy depending on play. I jay not see lynch in the plans. He is breaking down and $$. I would hate to lose a guy in his prime ( Irvin) to keep him. It's clear to me hat Avril has slowed a lot post out bye. Look at his stats. He is getting gassed money is needed elsewhere

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rideaducati":37m99t6w said:
If Michael puts the work in over the offseason, I think he might be the starting RB next year.

Not a chance. Big Bawls Rawls has already proven to be #1 material if and when Lynch retires.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Aros":lc6mqzsl said:
rideaducati":lc6mqzsl said:

Not a chance. Big Bawls Rawls has already proven to be #1 material if and when Lynch retires.

Ok.

But I'll remember this just in case.

There is a reason Michael was the first RB taken in the draft and Rawls went undrafted.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rideaducati":3uvkv4py said:
Aros":3uvkv4py said:
rideaducati":3uvkv4py said:

Ok.

There is a reason Michael was the first RB taken in the draft and Rawls went undrafted.

I'm not saying CMike doesn't have the ability to be good, it's just that he's had how many chances and he failed to perform on all levels expected of him (blocking assignments, route running, etc). He played admirably in his first game back with us and I for one hope he continues on that course.

All I am saying is what we've seen from Rawls in the X amount of snaps he's played for us is absolute #1 RB material. I don't see that changing.

If CMike can continue to play like he did against the Browns, I would love to see a Rawls/CMike 1, 2 Punch next year assuming Lynch is not here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been a constant Michael cheerleader on .net but there isn't much chance of him or anyone beating out Rawls next year. He was just too good.

I also think there is almost zero chance the Seahawks pay Lynch 12 million dollars next year so he's gone unless he takes a huge paycut.

2016 is Rawls/Elliott and Michael. :)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If we WIN another Lombardi this season, then I am convinced that Lynch will retire, even if he only plays a minor role in securing the win.

If we get close, but he hasn't been able to contribute much, I expect him to be back in the rotation next year. He will have had most of this year off. He will be hungry. For the first time in 3 years, he will have had some time off to rest and recuperate.

We don't save 12 million by cutting him, we only save 6.5. 2017 is when the delta between the cost to keep him and the cap hit becomes big enough to consider cutting him.

C Mike still hasn't figured out ball security 101. He still can't carry it in his left arm, even when it is his outside arm. He did slightly better about keeping two arms on the ball in traffic, but there were runs where he went through the middle with his left arm flailing about. I doubt he is back next year.

Should we win out, I'm going with a Rawls/ Draft pick combo. Otherwise it's a Lynch/Rawls combo, and I bet we try to keep Jackson for the passing 3rd downs.

-bsd

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
austinslater25":24da7f0q said:
I've been a constant Michael cheerleader on .net but there isn't much chance of him or anyone beating out Rawls next year. He was just too good.

I also think there is almost zero chance the Seahawks pay Lynch 12 million dollars next year so he's gone unless he takes a huge paycut.

If he plays well in the playoffs I don't see why we wouldn't give Lynch the option to stay and compete next year. He's earned it in my opinion, and would be a stab in the back if we walk away from him without that chance.

The salary next year for ML is 11.5 not 12 million. Also, cutting him next year we save 6.5 million. It is disingenuous to say no way we pay him 12 million next year. It implies we are saving said amount if he's cut.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":1pudst1f said:
Aros":1pudst1f said:
rideaducati":1pudst1f said:

Ok.

Same reason Aaron Curry was drafted, physical skills, Rawls went to Michigan, they know a bit about RB's I think, he left and went to Central, wasn't drafted because of a dumb mistake, was on Pete's radar way before that.

Doug Baldwin wasn't drafted either, guess we should sit him for a draft pick we received, Kris Durham is still in the league I think or maybe we let Lockett and Richardson Start and sit Kearse and Baldwin because they were undrafted as well.

Also means we shouldn't waste time bringing in undrafted guys, there is no way they can be as good as drafted ones, should pick guys off the waiver wire that have been drafted and replace everyone we have on the PS as soon as possible.

Now that we see how dumb the idea is that draft position means more then what a player does we can maybe put this to bed, oh and what about that LT that the Cowboys picked up, he has to be a dumpster fire, after all he wasn't drafted either, just had a question mark about him, true trash player.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3grf3m3v said:
How many times have we counted out Lynch? I'll believe it when I see it. He's going to come in and play in the playoffs and play well and give us a reminder that you don't disassociate with one of the best players in the NFL in the middle of your championship window.

Can't argue with that sentiment.

Only two reasons I can really think of:

1. Lynch just retires on his own. One of these days he's going to mean it. And in typical Lynch fashion, it'll come off weird.

2. His contract. The moment the details came out, I thought it was a 1 year deal with two easy out years. I could see Seattle opting to use that money to keep talent from walking out the door. Russell's contract is going to balloon from the 7m cap hit this year, to 18m next year. I don't see an aging Lynch who may be a #2 back by virtue of relative quality remaining on the roster at the expense of 3 to 4 starters that we will have to let walk just to keep him.

If it's a choice of disassociating with one legacy player or disassociating with 3 other starters (Mebane, Okung, Irvin) -- I think it could happen. Lynch is going to have to be that great in this playoff run in order to make that happen.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Any possibility Lynch gets traded to the Raiders?

Are we still on the hook for the 6.5m if he retires?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2e1r5ade said:
Tical21":2e1r5ade said:
How many times have we counted out Lynch? I'll believe it when I see it. He's going to come in and play in the playoffs and play well and give us a reminder that you don't disassociate with one of the best players in the NFL in the middle of your championship window.

Man, I hope you're right.
Sure I would love this to happen

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":16jmixc1 said:

It is optional. If a team wants to recoup the prorated remainder of the signing bonus (and cap space that goes with it) they can.

I would expect Seattle would let it go. Note that retirement rules for the purposes of cap calculation are exactly the same as releasing a player. So Seattle would incur the entire remainder of the bonus as a dead money hit in 2016. For Lynch, that'd be a 5m dead money hit on 2016.

Ozzy

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":31zf6knd said:
austinslater25":31zf6knd said:

If he plays well in the playoffs I don't see why we wouldn't give Lynch the option to stay and compete next year. He's earned it in my opinion, and would be a stab in the back if we walk away from him without that chance.

The salary next year for ML is 11.5 not 12 million. Also, cutting him next year we save 6.5 million. It is disingenuous to say no way we pay him 12 million next year. It implies we are saving said amount if he's cut.
I wasn't being disingenuous, I didn't know it was only 6.5 million. I still doubt they would pay him that much unless he is absolutely unbelievable down the stretch and even that seems unlikely. If I had to guess I think he isn't a Seahawk next year.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1lsrtcn0 said:
UK_Seahawk":1lsrtcn0 said:

It is optional. If a team wants to recoup the prorated remainder of the signing bonus (and cap space that goes with it) they can.

I would expect Seattle would let it go. Note that retirement rules for the purposes of cap calculation are exactly the same as releasing a player. So Seattle would incur the entire remainder of the bonus as a dead money hit in 2016. For Lynch, that'd be a 5m dead money hit on 2016.
Thanks for the info.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3pqtb3k6 said:
I would put money down that this is Lynch's final year. He was thinking about retiring in 2013, then 2014 and the lure of that elusive 2nd SB ring is what I believe has been the only thing keeping him on our roster in 2015. Now that he's spent most of the season sidelined with various ailments and injury, I have a hard time believing he will want to come back in 2016, regardless of how this season finishes up.

I think Rawls will be our new #1 RB with possibly CMike backing him up IF he proves his worth over the next few weeks.

I fully believe Lynch retires after we win the Super Bowl this year.....especially since it's basically happening in his own back yard. It would be so Bettis-esque of him to go out like that.

If we don't win though, I'd say he might very well come back, but I'd put the odds at 40-60 or maybe 50-50. It really just depends on how well he heals up from this surgery and how badly he wants that second ring.

I really have enjoyed watching Lynch since he's been a Seahawk, and I hope we can win Super Bowl 50 in his back yard for him and let him ride out on a super high.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2xhj3wki said:
Aros":2xhj3wki said:
rideaducati":2xhj3wki said:

Ok.

IMHO Pete Carroll doesn't hang on Draft values like us fans do, because if he did, he wouldn't have kept undrafted Rawls, and released early round Draftee Michaels to the Cowboys, and Turbin would still be a Seahawk.

kidhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2qdn7rln said:
rideaducati":2qdn7rln said:
Aros":2qdn7rln said:
rideaducati":2qdn7rln said:

Ok.

IMHO Pete Carroll doesn't hang on Draft values like us fans do, because if he did, he wouldn't have kept undrafted Rawls, and traded early round Draftee Michaels to the Cowboys, and Turbin would still be a Seahawk.

FIFY....released and traded are two very different things.

On a side note, I heard on the radio last week that we would still get the conditional pick from the cowboys. I haven't seen this anywhere else, but since he was on the cowboys active roster I'd assume there's a good chance of it being true. If it is true, it's great to be able to loan out a guy, get a pick then pick him back up with maybe a little more fire in his belly that same season.

Latest posts