Who will be the #1 & #2 RB's week one next year?

Who will be the #1 & #2 RB's week one next year?

• 1. Lynch & Rawls?

Votes: 48 29.8%
  • 2. Rawls & Cmike?

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • 3. Rawks & draft pick?

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • 4. Rawls & outside veteran?

Votes: 12 7.5%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Well after the Season Smith may get cut again and we could bring him back also, Dallas had not used him.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Best case scenario would be #1 Rawls with Lynch as primary back up but I'm not sure how realistic that is with Marshawn's big cap hit.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1yeux96x said:
Best case scenario would be #1 Rawls with Lynch as primary back up but I'm not sure how realistic that is with Marshawn's big cap hit.
Thats not realistic in any situation IMO. Lynch is due 11 I believe. I doubt hes on our roster next year and it wont be as a back up.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
11.5 million is his cap hit, but we only save 6.5 million if we cut him. Once again the net cost of keeping Lynch for 2016 is not 11.5 million, nor 12 million, it is 6.5 million.

The big cost of keeping Lynch doesn't come until 2017 when the net cost is 10.5 million to keep him. Cap hit 12.5/ dead money 2.5.

And, perhaps it's semantics, but Lynch doesn't get paid 11.5 next year, he gets paid 9. He already has been paid the other 2.5, it is just accounted for in the 2016 cap calculations.

-bsd

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Lynch will be back. I think he will love having more RBs to take touches while getting paid during this time.

I don't see why Lynch would bother signing the contract extension if he wasn't interested in playing.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
iigakusei":1irbyslh said:
Does anyone really think the team will pay Lynch $12 million for next year? I personally think there is 0% change of that.
Not only will they not pay Lynch $12m next year, i doubt they would bring him back for even half that.

Lynch was great for us. He was the tough runner we needed and provided the most memorable runs in team history. He is obviously going in the ring of honor.

But age has caught up with him. He has MULTIPLE areas of the body that have failed him this year. He has reached the point where he now misses stretches of games.

Lynch didn't even come close to earning his money this year, and even if he took a paycut he wouldn't earn his money next year.

That money needs to go elsewhere, and we need to part ways before Lynch's legacy is ruined and we all wonder "what if we had used that money on a healthy player at another position?"

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":26t7dc8m said:
Lynch will be back. I think he will love having more RBs to take touches while getting paid during this time.

I don't see why Lynch would bother signing the contract extension if he wasn't interested in playing.
What would be the point in bringing him back with fewer touches, making him one of the most overpaid RBs in the NFL?

Remember how lynch made a big deal about trying to get paid more money than his deal called for so they reworked it?

Doesn't make sense for him to fight for an extra million this year just to take a HUGE paycut next year. Even with a big paycut he would be grossly overpaid if he's not even playing due to injuries.

Bringing Lynch back would just be another mistake in the long list of mistakes they have made in the last 3 years.

CPHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1b7jfw33 said:
If Michael puts the work in over the offseason, I think he might be the starting RB next year.

One good game vs a terrible Browns team, and the Michaels people are right back at it. Rawls is the future.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
austinslater25":sfnheyo9 said:
I've been a constant Michael cheerleader on .net but there isn't much chance of him or anyone beating out Rawls next year. He was just too good.

I also think there is almost zero chance the Seahawks pay Lynch 12 million dollars next year so he's gone unless he takes a huge paycut.

2016 is Rawls/Elliott and Michael. :)

Ezekiel Elliott would be great but he's going to be a 1st round pick, and I don't see the FO using a 1st round in a RB...
Anyway, after what we've seen this year, I think it's a MUST having 2 good RBs. Which good teams have arrived to the end of the regular season with healthy RBs ? Teams with committees: Bengals (Bernard, Hill), Broncos (Anderson, Hillman)...

Latest posts