Who will be the Hawks 2nd string QB next season?

Who will be the Hawks 2nd string QB next season?

• 1. T-Jack resigns on a one year deal?

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • 2. NFL veteran FA is signed (Vick, Mallett, McCown, Cassel)?

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • 3. Draft a QB in the later rounds of the draft?

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • 4. Sign UFA Qb after the draft, and roll the dice?

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • 5. Tebow, because every QB poll should include him in some capacity?

Votes: 13 11.2%

• Total voters

SD&SEAfan

Reaction score
chris98251":3p8dpbxk said:
Daniels has to be available first and as of now he isn't.

I think he will soon be available, their depth chart on Rotoworld shows Brock Osweiler, Brian Hoyer, Tom Savage, then B.J. He may be the odd man out.

sutz

Reaction score
SD&SEAfan":ad537sdd said:
chris98251":ad537sdd said:
Daniels has to be available first and as of now he isn't.

I think he will soon be available, their depth chart on Rotoworld shows Brock Osweiler, Brian Hoyer, Tom Savage, then B.J. He may be the odd man out.
Sounds like he might be the best option. :rofl: :laugh:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It's got to be Boykin or Adams hasn't it? Makes far too much sense to me.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't think you risk a late draft pick getting playing time during a championship window. Maybe draft a guy and let him practice for a year, but I don't think there's any chance we don't have a veteran as the primary backup.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The back up QB possition gets more important every time we bring in another teams garbage Olinemen to protect RW.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'd vote later draft pick on a qb. I'd really like to see Vernon Adams on this team. Has very similar skill set and stature of wilson. Local product.

Remember, this young man was lighting up division 1 defenses for a couple seasons out here at ewu, a division 1 AA school. Carson Wentz played on the same level.

If Adams didn't transfer to Oregon, who knows where his draft position would be

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's pretty nuts to think we'd give up on the season if Russ misses time. The Broncos just won a Super Bowl behind not only mediocre QB play but also mediocre backup QB play. If they didn't have Brock but instead were starting their draft pick QB Trevor Siemian they likely lose a couple of those games and then either miss the playoffs entirely or get knocked out on the road.

I'm fine with drafting a QB and having them enter the competition. Slotting in a late round pick not yet ready to play QB in the NFL as our only backup so we can save a small amount of money is just a bad idea, however.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Willyeye":gxsghhut said:
McGruff":gxsghhut said:
Dak Prescott in the 4th round. Maybe even 3rd.

Isn't Dak the guy that just had a DUI a couple of days ago? I think I read that his draft stock could fall like a rock. I don't see them messing with him after the Derek Coleman and Johnny Football things. Too risky. Any guy who would do that less than 2 months before the draft obviously has some serious problems.

He's absolutely nothing like Manziel. He made a mistake, but his character has been talked about to great lengths if you follow college football. I'd take Dak in a heartbeat.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bow ... ther-proud

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":w4syrixv said:
Willyeye":w4syrixv said:
McGruff":w4syrixv said:
Dak Prescott in the 4th round. Maybe even 3rd.

Isn't Dak the guy that just had a DUI a couple of days ago? I think I read that his draft stock could fall like a rock. I don't see them messing with him after the Derek Coleman and Johnny Football things. Too risky. Any guy who would do that less than 2 months before the draft obviously has some serious problems.

He's absolutely nothing like Manziel. He made a mistake, but his character has been talked about to great lengths if you follow college football. I'd take Dak in a heartbeat.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bow ... ther-proud

Dak has a pretty clean record until this ill timed discretion. And he immediately owned up to it.

I doubt it hurts his stock much at all. Maybe very a round.

crosfam

Reaction score
Largent80":2z9h843i said:
If we can get BJ back, I think that is the best option.

I concur, but I think the Texans will let Hoyer go and try and keep BJ as a wildcat receiver/returner 3rd QB. I believe their coach compared him to Julian Edelman when they signed him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team will draft a QB or add a potential UDFA like Vernon Adams, and have a competition at present the team has futures contract guy Phillip Sims they swiped from AZ. From everything I read about him he had potential and AZ liked him but had injury issues and had to waive him. BJ Daniel may now spring loose from Houston in which event I could also see the Hawks trying to grab him back.

Besides Dak Prescott who may be a 4th rd target the team may also like Brandon Allen in the 6th. I think they will move on from Tarvaris b/c it's time to develop a homegrown backup.

pugs1

Reaction score
I've watched Dak his whole time at MSU and like him a lot but I'm not sure he is a fit for Seattle. Personally I think he's a third rounder and I'm not sure the Seahawks should invest that high of a pick on a backup. Along with the DUI he along with a few teammates got jumped at spring break last year. It might not have been his fault but there is video of him getting his ass kicked in a parking lot. It's not a good look for your QB.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pugs1":w0zov44e said:
I've watched Dak his whole time at MSU and like him a lot but I'm not sure he is a fit for Seattle. Personally I think he's a third rounder and I'm not sure the Seahawks should invest that high of a pick on a backup. Along with the DUI he along with a few teammates got jumped at spring break last year. It might not have been his fault but there is video of him getting his ass kicked in a parking lot. It's not a good look for your QB.
Why does someone living in Starkville, Miss., even need to go to Spring Break?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kdp6fkj said:
Phillip Sims, already on the roster.
That is our backup folks,I'm calling it right now.

pugs1

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1hqk894y said:
pugs1":1hqk894y said:

Good point! The locals do call it StarkVegas...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3tex7fyu said:
Phillip Sims, already on the roster.
This is what I'm thinking, too. But, I wonder if they draft a player in later rounds. Stanford's Hogan is a competitor.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pugs1":1rq1r8eb said:
Siouxhawk":1rq1r8eb said:
pugs1":1rq1r8eb said:

Good point! The locals do call it StarkVegas...
Because it's raining money there? Good buffets? Dancing girls? Pawn shops and house flipping?