Who will be the Hawks 2nd string QB next season?

Who will be the Hawks 2nd string QB next season?

• 1. T-Jack resigns on a one year deal?

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • 2. NFL veteran FA is signed (Vick, Mallett, McCown, Cassel)?

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • 3. Draft a QB in the later rounds of the draft?

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • 4. Sign UFA Qb after the draft, and roll the dice?

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • 5. Tebow, because every QB poll should include him in some capacity?

Votes: 13 11.2%

• Total voters

Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm still pissed that RGIII squeaked out the rookie title over our RW and then fell flat, that I would feel some vindication if RGIII ended up as 2nd string to RW.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I would say either a drafted or undrafted free agent with the possibility that T-Jack could be brought back if the market dries up on him and he takes a bare minimum deal. I just have to believe that the Hawks would like to find a young guy they can start to coach up now at a cheaper price than T-Jack would ask and hope Russell doesn't have any real injury over this season so that rookie doesn't have to see any real playing time this year.

AusSeahawk

Reaction score
Would love to have drafted Brett Hundley, let him sit behind Wilson and have solid backup if something were to happen.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I think we should bring Manziel and Tebow into camp and have them be roommates.

Exittium

Reaction score
Phillip Sims, Ya know the kid we already have the looked really good in AZ's preseason.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
At some point the Hawks have to do one of two things:

1. Trust the backup role to an inexperienced QB.

2. Commit to keeping 3 QBs on the roster for entire season and drafting a legit backup to develop in the #3 role.

We can let TJ be our backup for another year or two, but if we aren't adding a young guy that we will keep on the roster so we aren't playing games trying to get/keep our guy on the Practice Squad, then we will just keep ending up in our current situation. At some point TJ won't be better than an inexperienced QB. If we can save money AND have potential upside, we need to do it.

If BJ Daniels is a backup quality QB then it was a mistake to play games with our rights to him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It'll probably be Tarvaris. But I'd be okay with Gradkowski or Matt Flynn. I'm not in favor of an unproven primary backup when you're a team in a championship window. If you want to develop a QB, carry three quarterbacks on the roster.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3toi2m1e said:

2. Commit to keeping 3 QBs on the roster for entire season and drafting a legit backup to develop in the #3 role.

We can let TJ be our backup for another year or two, but if we aren't adding a young guy that we will keep on the roster so we aren't playing games trying to get/keep our guy on the Practice Squad, then we will just keep ending up in our current situation. At some point TJ won't be better than an inexperienced QB. If we can save money AND have potential upside, we need to do it.

If BJ Daniels is a backup quality QB then it was a mistake to play games with our rights to him.

BJ isn't a quality QB...if he was, he wouldn't have been switched to WR/KR/PR.

crosfam

Reaction score
Lots of young back-ups wash out of the league every year because they don't get to play and develop. Many teams do not like to keep a #3 anymore. I think BJ would be fine, but I expect us to sign a vet and draft a rookie late. Especially after a few things get moving on other teams and the draft runs its course. EJ Manuel anyone?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":18id0xtt said:

It took two years but this is legit and I agree with you. God help me.

Davidess

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surpised if Tjack comes back for another season and the Hawks bring in Trevone Boykin out of TCU. Let him groom or battle this year with Tjack (most likely will need to sit for a year before he assumes a true back QB role)

Nice thing is Boykin is Athletic and just a playmaker at his position. Almost reminds me of Bj Daniels coming out. will need a year most likely but can def be had in the UDFA.

Also we do have that Simms kid that we signed to a future contract. so he could quite possibly be it. Still I do expect the hawks to bring in someone to compete with him. Think last year the hawks started running low on QBs in camp didn't they? Archer was sharing quarters with RW in preseason.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2y3mlol1 said:
If the answer isn't Tebow, then we're asking the wrong question!!

If the answer is Tebow, then we aren't talking about NFL football

-bsd