Who will you be watching preseason game #1

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Well this starts at 3am for me so I'll bravely play FIFA / watch whatever other preseason game is on until about 0245 and then fall asleep and dribble down myself and wake up about 0600 with back ache on the sofa. I will then open up the laptop look at the score through a half closed eye and drag myself to bed where my girlfriend will get the hump and roll over about 15 times really aggressively while calling me a selfish prick.

Looking forward to it. Go Hawks.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Kip's OUTSTANDING post notwithstanding, I'm focused on two things:

Offensive line and defensive line.

Those are the key to any success we're going to have this season. The wide receivers? Great. If anything, they'll be at least modestly better with Jimmy Graham, and they were good enough last year. The secondary? It should be back to form within a couple of preseason games, and that form is one of the best we've ever seen in the league. Running backs? Marshawn Lynch is still our feature back. I'm curious to how the rest of them will do, but really, is our running game anything but Beast Mode?

Yep, it's the offensive and defensive lines I'm most interested in.

flippyflea

Reaction score
My son has an indoor soccer game tonight. I am going to DVR the game and watch it when I get home. I can get caught up on the comments and watch the game at the same time.

canfan

Reaction score
Christine Michael - this guy just fascinates me. The talent is as obvious as the lack of faith the coaching staff has in him. Right now, the narrative is that he doesn't get it and will never get it. That may be true - it may even be likely, but I still hold out some hope because the conversation around this guy reminds me so much of the talk surrounding Golden Tate going into 2012. He was a frustrating player to watch during his first 2 years as he learned how to be a professional. Can Michael do the same and "get it" in year 3?

chris98251

Reaction score
Remonds me more of Ki jana Carter, (spelling). Lots of promise but injured and never the same, Michaels showed promise but always hurt or something, god forbid he go through what Carter did but all the same, a back that showed huge in college never translated or showed it in the NFL or has not yet at least.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Christine Michael—It’s now or never for a player with enormous talent who just hasn’t been able to put it all together. He needs to have a good showing this preseason and, above all else, hang onto the football!

Kevin Norwood—The fifth, sixth (and maybe seventh?) receiver spots are wide open and Norwood looked pretty good in spot duty last year. But since he doesn’t play special teams he needs to take a step forward and stay healthy to keep his job.

Left Guard—After Tom Cable said that nobody has stepped up to really push for the guard position yet, I really want to see how our guards do tonight and see if one of them takes a step forward. It's a little disappointing given that I thought Alvin Bailey would really bounce back this year. Maybe Keavon Milton can start winning the job tonight?

Cassius Marsh—I’m expecting big things from Marsh this year now that he is healthy, slimmed back down and playing his more natural position (the LEO spot.) He has been impressive all throughout camp, especially with his speed, and I really hope he can take advantage of Denver’s weakened O-Line tonight.

Cary Williams—Pete Carroll said that the starting and nickel corner spots were wide open. Williams has looked uneven during camp but still has the best shot at winning the starting job. Really hope he can have a solid game tonight even without Earl Thomas backing him up.

DeShawn Shead/Dion Bailey—Kam Chancellor will be in sooner or later. I get the feeling it will be more sooner than later if either Shead or Bailey can take a big step forward and show that the Hawks can survive Chancellor’s absence. You can’t replace Kam but one of these two needs to show that they can fill the void.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I'm really curious on offensive line. I've always liked Bailey(78) over Carp but, there is good write ups on Keavon Milton(66) that he has become a favorite at LG!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really curious to see what the interior line looks like.. especially at left guard and center. Also can't wait to see the WR battle

And of course.. #88.

Tical21

Reaction score
Basically every player drafted since 2013 as we're still kind of waiting to see if any of them are any good, and it finally looks like we're going to need to rely on some of them for quality depth, and it would be amazing if one or two could step up and even become a starter.

ReginaHawk

Reaction score
There are so many story lines coming out of camp, it's impossible to limit it to any one person or one area. Every play is going to have someone worth watching.

Safeties - how does our depth look behind Kam and Earl. There's a chance we have to roll with backups in both positions come Week 1.

CB's - With Sherman, Lane and Simon unavailable, Williams should see lots of time. It will be hard to gauge this group though with both so many key secondary members not playing.

DL - Can't wait to see Marsh (though he may be used as Leo). Excited to see Clark too. Lots of camp hype behind both guys.

RB - Obviously the battle for the depth spots. Let's see if Michael can show what the FO saw in him.

WR - A lot of people to watch. Probably the best camp competition going, as there are a lot of guys making plays in camp. Most excited to see Lockett, but more as a KR.

TE - Can Jimmy block? Curious to see how they use him for how little he'll play tonight.

Special Teams - Return teams specifically, but also holding out hope that they run the #ginganinja fake FG attempt again :D

I just can't wait to watch Seahawks football again. This offseason was tough...

netskier

Reaction score
I use the one on seahawks.com. click on column headings to order with that attribute. Click again to reverse the sorting order.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":372vld4u said:
Anybody have an easy to read roster, to keep track of the players on the field? I used to have a link that had all the players in a nice spreadsheet, but can't find it this year. Any help is appreciated.

Go to seahawks.com, under team roster!

TVHAWK

Reaction score
I've been watching film on Thomas Rawls and he Really reminds me of the way Lynch runs...He never runs out of bounds, he always turns back towards the post and drags as many guys upfield as far as he can..He shows a good lateral hop and a nice 0ne cut and go..He seems ready-made for the zone blocking system..I think he could be developed into a future plug and play back in the post Lynch era..Go on u-tube and check him out..He's a beast.. :les:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
1. The pass rush with Irvin in a contract year, a healthy Hill after what he was doing last year before he got injured, and how good Clark has been looking in camp.

2. Whether Clarke can get seperation from defensive backs or if dude is just too skinny and small to play WR in the NFL. Richardson had this issue last season and never used his speed to get over the top of the defense and only starting producing when he got his receiver skills up to speed.

I don't know how many of these guys are playing tonight, or how long, so this is sort of what I'm looking at through the whole preseason.

GO HAWKS!

Dougula

Reaction score
I'll be at the game with binoculars so, The SeaGals

Rob12

Reaction score
Chris Mathews. We need this kid to make a big leap forward this season.

Christine Michael. This is a make or break season for him. Will he finally show this season that he can be the future back for this team once Lynch retires?

Cassius Marsh and Frank Clark. I think both have an insane amount of talent.

ivotuk

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3547lp91 said:
FlyHawksFly":3547lp91 said:
Anybody have an easy to read roster, to keep track of the players on the field? I used to have a link that had all the players in a nice spreadsheet, but can't find it this year. Any help is appreciated.

Go to seahawks.com, under team roster!

You can click on the headings at the top to sort them by number, name, position, etc.

Latest posts