Who would trade places with a Saints fan??

Barakas

Reaction score
So, after another stroke inducing game we are 8-1. I know we would all prefer blow outs every week so we could watch the game and enjoy a full game of butt stomping but winning in the NFL is hard! Think about how the Saints fans feel right now after LOSING to a team that no one thought they would drop a game too.

I also don't think the game was as bad as the score at half time made it appear. We took our opening drive all the way down to the red zone before Wilson made a bad throw. Even robots make bad decisions once in a while. The 2nd quarter was a killer but even that wouldn't have been that bad if it wasn't for a horrendous Def PI penalty against Earl Thomas when he intercepted the ball. That was inexcusable and I pray that Carey and his crew gets downgraded for making such a momentum killing phantom penalty call.

Our rush defense definitely got gashed during their first two TD drives but they did recover in the 2nd half and held TB to only a FG. Kearse's fumble on the kickoff return could have been the nail in the coffin though but you can't blame the defense for giving up a TD when a fumble gives the other team the football in the red zone.

The one play that absolutely killed me and I was screaming, "DON'T DO ANYTHING FANCY HERE BEVELL!!" was the first and goal from the 3 yard line. Why the hell did they not feed the ball to Lynch. I love Wilson, I trust in Wilson, but on a day where Lynch is averaging 5+ yards per attempt why don't you feed it to Lynch on at least 1st and 2nd there?!?!?! That was probably the single biggest stupid play I thought Bevell called.

8-1, that's all that matters right now and we are about to get some starters back so that makes this win even better!

Go Hawks!!

The Radish

Reaction score
If you want an answer to your question just wait until tomorrow as I have a Nawrlins fan waiting to be approved.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Either the Saints or the 49ers are guaranteed (barring a tie) to have 3 losses by the time we play them.

We need to take care of business on our end, obviously.

But the Niners & Saints have decidedly more difficult schedules. Especially the Saints.

And Graham was hurt again today.

bigwrm

Reaction score
The Saints have a brutal second half schedule. The only team I'm somewhat worried about as far as HFA goes is the 49ers. It's unlikely, but crazy to think that we could be a 14-2 wildcard if they win out.

BamKam

Reaction score
No one is worried about the Saints. The 49ers are the ones to worry about at this point as they have been playing the best football over the past month.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
BamKam":1sj7u3qb said:
No one is worried about the Saints. The 49ers are the ones to worry about at this point as they have been playing the best football over the past month.
I think you missed the OP point completely.

Joey13091

Reaction score
bigwrm":1kl2nfrs said:
The Saints have a brutal second half schedule. The only team I'm somewhat worried about as far as HFA goes is the 49ers. It's unlikely, but crazy to think that we could be a 14-2 wildcard if they win out.

If we were both 14-2 how do they decide who gets the division?

We would have both lost to a AFC team and each other.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Joey13091":13phhar3 said:
bigwrm":13phhar3 said:

We would have both lost to THE SAME AFC team, as well.

It comes down to the reality that San Fran would have beaten the Packer and Redskins whereas we would have victories over the lesser Vikings and Giants. All other common opponents and common results. Therefore San Fran would get the #1 seed.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

bigwrm

Reaction score
Joey13091":24awbbah said:
bigwrm":24awbbah said:

I've read that if were both 14-2 we'd have the same record in division and common games so it would come down to the record of the teams we beat. Since we have such a similar schedule, the only uncommon opponents would be Washington and Green Bay for the 49ers, and the Vikings and Giants for us. It's almost guaranteed that GB/Wash will more wins than the Vikings/Giants so in this scenario the 49ers would get the edge based on strength of victory.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hell no. I can be a fan of any team I choose. 1976 baby, is the year I chose to be a SEAHAWK fan. Besides have you ever been to NOLA? That's my couple-o-penny's worth.

ps. Im aware this isn't exactly what you meant. Just saying

45Hawker

Reaction score
Until some recent injuries (Colston, Graham, Sproles and others), I think the Saints were a more complete team than the Seahawks. The team stat rankings could support that opinion. We're banged up too - but I think the Saints are fully capable of beating us at home, especially if we continue our current level of play.

Latest posts