Who's the next Seahawk to go in to the Hall of Fame?

What Seahawk is next into the Hall of Fame?

• Kenny Easley

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Shaun Alexander

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters

pmedic920

Reaction score
I can't vote on my phone.
Seems to be the consensus that Kenny doesn't have much of a chance but at this point in time, he's who I'm pulling for to be the next. Obviously we have some dudes that I hope finish up with a chance but right now, Easley is my choice.
The 12s that are to young to remember him missed something awesome to behold.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sherman
Thomas
Wilson

In that order and I think they'll all three be first balloters.

If we go on a dynasty run I think that'll really help Cams case to get in. We all know the the dynasty will be led by the LOB, and usually championship units with an iconic nickname get all their members in.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
chris98251":1r20kefd said:
Safeties or I should say pure Safeties do not get in the Hall of Fame for some reason, Lott played a bit of Corner and bounced around a bit, and I think it is safe to say he was a Safety. BUt the Hall looks at all of them as DB's Just looking a bit ago they are thinking that Ed Reed may be the First pure Safety to get in. Hard to believe really but if you look at the DB's listed it's actually very surprising.

CB's have typically longer careers though and have better over all numbers as far as tackles and pass defensed etc. Safety is a shorter term position and a fall back for CB's who lose a step. The hitting and blocking a Safety takes on I think is the case. So pure Safeties don't typically have the length of service.
There are exceptions.

Troy Polamalu will get in... and so will Earl.

BASF

Reaction score
I know that Sayers was electric and a game changer and a special athlete, but so was Easley who played 21 games more than Sayers. Since Sayers is in, I'd say that Easley has a very strong chance. The problem is that the Veteran's committee takes a long time to get their perspective entrants in.

I voted other, since Holmgren will be next in. I know what you are saying, he is more strongly associated with the Packers, but he spent more seasons here. He was also the most important coach in our history (which you could argue he's fourth in Packers history) until Carroll was hired. I loved Chuck Knox, but we were basically afterthoughts in the AFC West with only one division title until Holmgren was brought in and netted five in a nine year span. He also took us to our first Super Bowl.

253hawk

Reaction score
I'd love to see Lynch, just to watch that speech.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Lynch will be close.

Sherman I think will retire before Thomas or Wilson so I will give the nod to him.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tical21":1mvy4dyp said:
If you made the hall based off of talent, Kenny would be a first-ballot guy. But he only played in 89 games in his career. Three All-Pros is pretty nice, but there just isn't the body of work there. I'm actually somewhat surprised he's being brought up.

Probably because of articles like this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=710845712321776&id=705169636222717

EDIT: I see chris already quoted the Sando story. Having had the pleasure of watching this guy from the time he was a rookie until his retirement, as well as seeing Gayle Sayers entire career, I think it is an injustice that Kenny isn't in the hall. But I am biased so I just appreciate having seen this guy in action. Others loss if they didn't get to watch him game to game. He was a player who had to be game-planned around, even late when he was impacted by injures as Todd Christiansen alluded to in his re-telling of Kenny's impact.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I disagree with the idea that Lynch is far away from making it. I think 2000 more yards and another Superbowl ring does it.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I disagree with the idea that Lynch is far away from making it. I think 2000 more yards and another Superbowl ring does it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueTalon":zf8dben5 said:
Well, he did get to play in a conference championship game. Most players can't say that.
Very true but winning a ring really helps your chances.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":30pb66r0 said:
I think the Veterans committee could swing it, while it depends who is on it that would be the way. Players that played with and against him would give him all the credit his lack of years don't.

Here's a part of a an article about possible HOF nominees, this is what they said about Easley.

Rest of the article is here. Written by Sando

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/kenny-easley

Seahawks: Kenny Easley, SS

Claim to fame: Easley was a game-changing force while earning five Pro Bowl berths in seven seasons. He was the NFL's defensive player of the year in 1984.

Case for enshrinement: All-time Seahawks sack leader Jacob Green called Easley the best athlete his Seattle teams ever had. Tight end Todd Christensen of the division-rival Los Angeles Raiders said Easley, at his best, was even better than Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott. Bill Walsh said Easley would be a Hall of Famer if Easley had played longer and, in his words, "maybe he still is -- he was that good." Lott said he knows the 49ers would have drafted Easley over himself if Seattle hadn't taken Easley first, and he blamed the Seahawks' failure to appear in a Super Bowl for keeping Easley out of Canton.

"Kenny could do what Jack Tatum could do, but he also could do what corners could do -- he could do what Mike Haynes could do," Lott said several years ago. "He was not only a great hitter and great intimidator on the field, but he was a great athlete. In that day, what made him so special -- him, Lawrence Taylor, those guys changed the game of football on the defensive side because they were not just guys that were big hitters. Now, all of sudden, you were seeing guys who were big hitters but also as athletic as anyone on offense."

Easley's outstanding ball skills helped him pick off 17 passes over a two-year period. He was indeed part of a trend toward greater athleticism on defense.

Case against enshrinement: Even if Easley were, at his best, better than Lott, there was no comparison between each man's careers. Easley, forced into early retirement after suffering from kidney failure attributed to excessive use of ibuprofen, simply didn't play long enough to solidify his Hall of Fame credentials. That wasn't his fault, but it was reality and it's tough to judge candidates on what might have been.

Parting shot: Easley becomes eligible for consideration by the Hall of Fame's Senior Selection Committee in 2012. His case deserves careful consideration and I think his chances for enshrinement will improve once the Senior Committee takes a harder look at his career. Easley was better than a lot of people realize. The respect he commands from all-time greats will help his cause.
Thanks for that article Chris, way cool! :th2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
pmedic920":157e6xzv said:
I can't vote on my phone.
Seems to be the consensus that Kenny doesn't have much of a chance but at this point in time, he's who I'm pulling for to be the next. Obviously we have some dudes that I hope finish up with a chance but right now, Easley is my choice.
The 12s that are to young to remember him missed something awesome to behold.

He was the original BOOM! Besides Tez, he was by far the best defensive player in Seahawk history up to the recent core. I feel that he could have easily made the current LOB squad and would have made them even more formidable.

Zukistubbs

Reaction score
Mack Strong.

Nobody else defined the Fullback position as well as he did.
Hutch would be my other choice but i think Mack Strong should be in there for being one of the best fullbacks to ever play the game.
The problem is people forget him so easy because he played a position people don't consider. Look at this topic, not one single person seemed to remember one of the greatest to ever play the position was part of our team.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Zukistubbs":aytjctgf said:
Mack Strong.

Hutch would be my other choice but i think Mack Strong should be in there for being one of the best fullbacks to ever play the game.
The problem is people forget him so easy because he played a position people don't consider. Look at this topic, not one single person seemed to remember one of the greatest to ever play the position was part of our team.

I love me some Mack, but he's not even the best ex-Seahawk fullback who's not in the Hall. I'd take John L Williams all day, every day, over big Mack.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Zukistubbs":2zh9zd51 said:
Mack Strong.

People aren't forgetting Mack, he just doesn't have a HOF resume.

seabowl

Reaction score
What about Jeff Feagles? He had a long/great career.