Next Retired Numbers

OP
OP
W

Welshers

TheLegendOfBoom":3oyakzq2 said:
Could very well:

3, 24, 31, 54 based on current accomplishments.

I think Lynch and Chancellor are many personal fan favorites that will only get their numbers retired if they make the HoF.
I'm all for all those guys. Would love to see Kam retired.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Five numbers after 44 seasons, and one of those is #12. That in itself states that such an honor is exceptionally rare. There are only 12 people in the Ring of Honor, and three of those were not even players. I can see that number significantly expanding in the future. I think retiring numbers should be done on incredibly rare occasions, and agree that the Pro Football Hall of Fame is a reasonable requirement. So, a conservatives guess would be #3 and #54.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Retired numbers should only be reserved for those in the HOF. Lynch, while a legend here I don't think is getting into the HOF. My guess is that our next retired number is going to be #54, Bobby Wagner. I believe he has the strongest resume for Hall of Famer out of all of the players from Pete's teams, as well as being a mainstay on the team for years. Wilson is also a contender, however I'm not sure he would make the HOF yet due to him not getting much in the way of national exposure.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":22t04uiu said:
Jerhawk":22t04uiu said:
#3, 24, 25, 29, 31, 37, 54, 89 within 10 years.

#14 within 20 years

When we run out of numbers, we can begin using letters or the Vulcan numerical scale.

Wonder how Josh Brown will feel about his number being retired by the Seahawks.

Lmao!
Here's a side story about Josh Brown from the time I met him. Gather around kids.

It was early August 2005. I was a 15 year old young lad, and was excited to go see my favorite football team in person.
My mom and I were going to a morning practice at training camp in Cheney, WA.

As my mom was parallel parking, a bald African American man was walking behind us just as she was putting the car into reverse. She slammed on the brakes before running him over. We look back, and who do I see in the review mirror? My hero Shaun Alexander is glaring at the back of our car with an intense level of hatred. The future MVP almost had his season come to an end!

"Mother, you almost ran over Shaun!" I said.
"Well he shouldn't be walking behind my f****** car like that!" She roared back with the windows down.
Watch out Holmgren and Hasselbeck, you're next, I thought.

We get out the car and start walking through the campus towards the practice fields. A bald white guy approaches us from the left between buildings.
"Mom, it's Matt!" I say.
I wave at him with the youthful exuberance of a child seeing Santa Claus.
The man looks at us and goes. "Look, it's Josh." Then jogs away.
I thought "my name's not Josh. Wtf?" Then it dawns on me.
He was too short to be Matt. That was our kicker. Cool.

We were one of the only people viewing that practice. The next year, after they went to the Super Bowl, it was a zoo. Good times.

The end.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As much as we love #3....it should be #54. They have both played the same length of time and thus have the same overall accomplishments regarding W/L and Championships. Where they seperate is in the individual accomplishments as well as how they fared compared to their position peers in the league over that time frame. Is 3 more valuable than 54 as a QB...yes. But 54 has been way more dominant compared to the other LBs over his career than 3 has to his QB peers.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
54 didn't make the headlines like 24 and 31, but I think when it comes to playing his position he was more dominant longer. Easily in the last 3-4 years everyone in the NFL knew Bobby was top 1-2 LB and at one point unquestioned #1, the same could not be said about Marshawn (in his best year AP was the unquestioned #1) or Kam. And obviously for RW his peak years sadly get overshadowed by Mahomes.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ax0y7ly said:
54 didn't make the headlines like 24 and 31, but I think when it comes to playing his position he was more dominant longer. Easily in the last 3-4 years everyone in the NFL knew Bobby was top 1-2 LB and at one point unquestioned #1, the same could not be said about Marshawn (in his best year AP was the unquestioned #1) or Kam. And obviously for RW his peak years sadly get overshadowed by Mahomes.
I’m obviously biased but I never thought AP was better than Lynch.

Lynch has better overall hands and is a better blocker than Peterson.

Seattle was so confident in Lynch as a receiver he a few times ran routes.

Peterson was never like that.

Lynch is overall the better football player.

And oh yeah, Peterson fumbled a lot!

Peterson may have better numbers, but Peterson will be forgotten.

BeastMode is a household name.

Marshawn Lynch is a legend.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

TheLegendOfBoom":2csys3yn said:
ZagHawk":2csys3yn said:
I’m obviously biased but I never thought AP was better than Lynch.

Lynch has better overall hands and is a better blocker than Peterson.

Seattle was so confident in Lynch as a receiver he a few times ran routes.

Peterson was never like that.

Lynch is overall the better football player.

And oh yeah, Peterson fumbled a lot!

Peterson may have better numbers, but Peterson will be forgotten.

BeastMode is a household name.

Marshawn Lynch is a legend.
Peterson has the numbers and his legendary MVP campaign. He is also still in the league. AP is a lock first ballot Hall of Famer, Marshawn is about 50/50 to get in at all. All that said? I'd rather have prime Marshawn on my team