• Schneider

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 13.8%

• Total voters

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cable. With a solid offensive line, all the rest works well enough to win championships.

And of course the buck stops with Pete. But by selecting that option, you're essentially saying the head coach is the issue, not the other coaches or issues. That's not the case, as we've seen by Pete coming in, completely overhauling the team, and leading us to a championship with a top-tier quarterback.

And for those of you who said "other," what is that "other?"

hawker84

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out why Cable is some folks fall guy? He's been given literally dog S**t to work with since he's been here, and has made those dog S**t lines look somewhat serviceable at times. He's being considered for HCing positions, that should say something? What's Bevell doing, besides getting flipped off by his own players, and getting no HCing offers?

I chose Pete for the record, because the team situations (good or bad) ultimately start with the HC. His lack of adapting to the present and the players around him is hampering this team success IMO... We no longer have beast mode and Historic defense to fall back on, he needs to recognize that and adapt his philosophy to put the players we now have in positions to succeed. His unwaivering commitment to his coaches is hampering as well.

Richard and Bevell have had ample opportunity to show what they can do, and I'd say both have fallen short of what is expected of a championship caliber franchise.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ummmm. Injuries did this team in. That and the fact that the offensive line they rolled the dice on did not happen.

There are more than just coaches to blame and they are intangibles.

Coaches can share in it however, because as humans we all make mistakes.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I've gotta agree with you there Largent. Maybe losing a coordinator every couple of years has jacked up the cohesiveness too.

AVL

Reaction score
Those voting "other" might think more than one be replaced.

I never understood why people can take so many years screaming at coordinators before moving up the chain.

What's it going to be like if we don't win a playoff game or don't even go?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I chose other for two reasons. One it's everyone's fault. Pete, coaches, players. Who is most to blame, to me is a silly question for a team that won 10 games, the Division and a playoff game. Drop the tie and win a couple of other close games and it's a completely different story. The point of which is, the team is not that far from where it needs to be to have another very competitive season with a shot at the SB.

I just don't feel the need to find "The Fix" that explains and cures everything that ails this team. It does not need to be blown up.

edogg23

Reaction score
I voted Cable but I think he and Bevell should both be gone.
The Oline was a dumpster fire and its clear many players simply don't understand what they are doing out there. That is on Cable.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":3ejouxox said:
Ummmm. Injuries did this team in. That and the fact that the offensive line they rolled the dice on did not happen.

Maybe better wording would be who is MOST responsible for the O problems. Either way, injuries is not a "who", and toward seasons end we were pretty healthy. That and the fact you cannot assume zero injuries for making any comparison.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Seymour":16bpvpa2 said:
Largent80":16bpvpa2 said:

Maybe better wording would be who is MOST responsible for the O problems. Either way, injuries is not a "who", and toward seasons end we were pretty healthy. That and the fact you cannot assume zero injuries for making any comparison.

Nothing is ever as simple as we would like it be but there are glaring weaknesses on this team and that IS pretty simple. The wording isn't good but the responses would lead you to believe that many here believe that it is an organizational failure with some individuals more responsible for that failure than others.

In the order of the poll:

1. Bevell: Whose lack of creative game planning and situational awareness has led to unproductive starts and extreme inconsistency.

2. Cable: Whose Frankensteinian experiments to create offensive linemen in his lab is the laughing stock of the league.

3. PC: Whose emphasis on defense seems to have left him bereft of the cognitive ability to recognize when the offense is spiraling into oblivion.

4. JS: As the person most responsible for player acquisition and contract management.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Easy choice.

The primary problem is the O-line... and that's Cable's baby.

sondevil89

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3nbqw0fr said:
Easy choice.

Can't disagree, but who is responsible for the draft failures and lack of capital to acquire good offensive linemen? You would have to assume that the draft failures are by committee, but has the budget also been mismanaged?

irfuben32

Reaction score
This offense is doing a better job of demoralizing our own D then the other teams. Jimmy got double teamed in New Orleans too, still managed to put up big numbers. There is obviously a disconnect between Schneider and Bevell because why bring Graham in at all if your "not going to do anything different". I would rather spend that 9-10 million on the offensive line but that's not what happened so quick shots to your 6-7 tight end seems like a good plan to work around the lines shortcomings.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Blame is such a tough concept to fully understand. The offense is the product of what players the coaches/front office bring in, how they are coached by all the position coaches and head coach, the work and effort that the players put in during practice/film/training, and then how the players perform on game day. And of course, it's also the result of Paul Allen's choice in who he chooses to be HC and GM.

So who's to blame? All of them.

mrt144

Reaction score
irfuben32":1z8n9n7q said:
This offense is doing a better job of demoralizing our own D then the other teams. Jimmy got double teamed in New Orleans too, still managed to put up big numbers. There is obviously a disconnect between Schneider and Bevell because why bring Graham in at all if your "not going to do anything different". I would rather spend that 9-10 million on the offensive line but that's not what happened so quick shots to your 6-7 tight end seems like a good plan to work around the lines shortcomings.

If you view it in the reactive context of what happened with Harvin - they tried to do something different with him and he wasn't a net asset to the team so perhaps they took stock in a possible lesson "don't reinvent what you do for one player". On the other hand, JFG seems like 10 times the team mate and twice the player Harvin was. They might have confused an individual failing with an overall failing of how to do things.

hawker84

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2jfgf81u said:
Easy choice.

I agree with the O line, but to blame Cable soley is like giving the mariners whiffle bats and telling Edgar, there you go, I want this team in the top ten in hitting this year. You can only do so much with what you're given.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
sondevil89":kf5og7w6 said:
onanygivensunday":kf5og7w6 said:
Easy choice.

Can't disagree, but who is responsible for the draft failures and lack of capital to acquire good offensive linemen? You would have to assume that the draft failures are by committee, but has the budget also been mismanaged?
Tough questions for which I don't have the answers.

The sense that I have is they invested the draft capital but haven't hit any homeruns.

To continue the baseball analogy, I'd call Okung a double in his first several years until injuries reduced his effectiveness. Carpenter a single at best. Moffitt an embarrasing strike out.

JR Sweezy a double. Giacomini a double as well. Michael Bowie a strike out.

Justin Britt a strike out at Tackle but a double possibly stretching into a triple at Center. Garrett Scott never made it to spring training (rare heart condition).

Terry Poole a strike out. Mark Glowinski a solid single thus far possibly stretching into a double.

Ifedi is still at bat with a count of 2-2. He needs another year at least to see what he is capable of. And Rees Odhiambo hasn't made it into the batter's box yet.

And I'd rate Fant similar to Ifedi, and Gilliam in between a strike out and a possible single... hes just too inconsistent.

Overall, pretty dismal.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
inda2o6":8623i1ad said:
Well, i figure, bevell is the one refusing to adjust his play designs, he counts on Russell to improvise, thats not a good sign... Bevell doesnt kow how to use a former pro-bowl tight end. Richard Sherman can't stand him for costing the Seahawks another Super bowl ring. Pete holds players accountable, willing to cut them, but doesn't do the same for his coaches, that reflects bad on him. Maybe because there isn't a always compete culture with the coaches, no fear of ever getting fired. It "promotes continuity" , the players have to adjust, which is bull poop. The only reason seahawks lose coaches is if some team is smart enough to poach them. Obviously Bevell will never get poached. We are stuck until some team loses their mind and tries to hire him. We are stuck and this won't change anytime soon...
So, Cable Coaches up hit, or miss, players who fail miserably, because they haven't had the NEEDED time to build any kind of cohesion, and because they're so green, they can misfire on almost ALL of their assignments, and Bevell is to BLAME for not having the moxie to what?, get them to play above their abilities?, he's suppose to make silk purses out of pigs ears?
MOST of the Offensive Linemen were thrust into the fire this last season, it's not like Cable had a lot of options.
Bevell AND Cable are EQUALLY responsible for the lack of production.

DEFENSE has it's share of the blame for some of the LOSSES last year too; they didn't produce near enough sacks, hurries, hits, or turnovers.
Which Coaches, or which Players should we blame for coming up short on STOPPING Tom Brady from formulating a comeback to eke out that SB win?......If the Defense stops Brady from scoring on his last drive down field, it never would have had to come down to that ONE play.....IF Sherman is blaming Bevell for that loss?, he needs to look into the mirror, because the one that be looking back has his share of the blame for it.
Everyone needs to take a step back on this "Who Should Get Fired", or "Whose To Blame" gig

inda2o6

Reaction score
Well, te defense was on te field a lot because the offense didn't sustain drives. You can't have an undersized defense built on speed to play that much and not get tired. We used to use the run game to wear the other team down and then attack on defense. 3 and outs cost the defense time to recover and be fresh at the end of the game. You can blame them for being tired, but they can only do so much. Who was the constantly getting P.i.'s( Kearse), knowing he doesnt run routes that look convincing to the refs, but bevel kept calling those plays, why didnt he get benched sooner? The HC claims "always compete", but loyalty seems to trump that logic when it comes to certain players. Pete says we fit guys into our system, players need to adjust...how about the OC learn to adjust also...Our GM is giving him pieces and he doesnt want to adjust his game plan to utilize that weapon. I do blame our coaches for sticking with nolan freese. He was a major problem this season. He should of been cut a long time ago. Where was the read options in atlanta? They need to respect the threat of russell keeping it, i didnt see it used more in the game, that used to be a staple of the other teams in years past. Was beast mode gonna get it or was russ gone take off himself. I'm not arguing whos at fault, i'm just looking for answers. If the team says" we are always looking to improve, bringing in players to evaluate, maybe they should adopt that thought with their coaches. I don't ever hear bevel say, play design was bad...nope, it's the players fault for not executing it. I would put mike holgren's napkin defense game plan and 3rd and long to mack strong draw plays in the same catagory, it needs to change...