Why are so many clamoring for coaching changes?

mrt144

Reaction score
Im surprised some are not even curious about a change. Fear of loss is no good reason to stay with mediocre

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While I don't agree with a lot of Bevell's plans, the red zone offense went from horrific to pretty good by the end of the season. On the other hand, the OL stayed pathetic all season. Bevell earned another year, Cable didn't. Hope they part ways with Cable. Anyone not named Tom Cable would be an upgrade in my opinion. But here are some others to consider -

Pat Ruel, Assistant OL, was the OL coach for Carroll at USC
Mike Solari
Chris Morgan - Falcons OL. He turned around the Falcons OL and they had a great year from D. Freeman

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1b4fcbdq said:
I'm fine with our coaches (other than offensive philosophy).

Cable's a great O-line coach, he's not the problem..............it's what he's given to work with. Now maybe that's him being arrogant in the draft room? idk, he does have input into who we acquire and draft, so maybe he's not totally absolved.

But here's a novel idea, let's actually get him some good lineman to work with, and not rely on him making chicken salad out of chicken $#@!.

So in your opinion, Cable has zero input in choosing OL players? That he just is happy to accept whatever PC/JS give him? Cable is the assistant head coach. He has input. He may not be the entire problem but he is part of the problem. I disagree with giving him a pass for the piss poor production of the OL. It's his responsibility.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Yes, Schneider is drafting DL men and giving them to Cable as a sick joke. Makes total sense now.

mrt144

Reaction score
The OL has slowly been divested from to provide cap space to other positions. It's an experiment in progress. It's inarguable that the Seahawks treat OL like a dump stat in an RPG - Maximize your strengths and dont invest in your weaknesses.

Unger was packaged with a 1st rounder for Graham not just because Graham is that awesome but because it also had attendant cap benefits down the road. 1st round picks cost money.