Why can't I believe??

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Been there done that got tired of feeling that way so I just don't anymore . Crazy but it is a Conscious decision . And you can believe that

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hawks win? Enjoy it, have a great night.

Hawks lose? Bummer, but you have your very own life that is more important that you need to get on with.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I guess I don't quite have the same problem with "believing" -- I *know* that we've never had a team quite like this in the franchise's history. We've had some good teams, some very good teams and some real stinkeroos. But nothing like the fierceness, desire, grit and resilience that we've got right now.

But I do find my football emotional tank is already being taxed. I'm finding it harder and harder to sit back and "enjoy" these huge games the way that I should. I just get too agitated, and have to post in the gameday forum to calm my nerves. It really sucks to just want, want, want and never get. XL changed that to an extent -- a league repays my 30 years of loyalty by allowing something like that to happen is very tough to take seriously any more.

But the sheer awesomeness of this particular team has worn some of that callus away, and I find myself tumbling back into the rut of want, want, wanting. And so my system can barely take the stress of tonight's game. And facing this particular group of Niners, their loathsome coach and their crap-pile fanbase in a bloody damn playoff game? I might just have to go somewhere else and not watch.

So sad that a group of highly paid professional entertainers can exact such an emotional toll on an otherwise mostly stable, sane adult. But there I am...