Why don't we ever, ever, ever, ever see Christine Michael?

kearly

Reaction score
There is a method to their madness. Having Michael on the bench this year is a terrific motivating factor for him that will last for years. It is also possible that Seattle is trying to build a degree of trade value for Robert Turbin next offseason by showcasing him in 2013.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
kearly":1pykf6lp said:
There is a method to their madness. Having Michael on the bench this year is a terrific motivating factor for him that will last for years. It is also possible that Seattle is trying to build a degree of trade value for Robert Turbin next offseason by showcasing him in 2013.

Very good thought there Kearly

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
volsunghawk":18vmgiyk said:
scakfan":18vmgiyk said:
It has to do with pass blocking, reading zone blocking, and the need for depth in other areas. This is basically his redshirt year where he is coached up in practice to learn the offense and how to better handle the skills I mentioned.

It's this. There's no reason to put him in if his explosiveness is outweighed by how much of a liability he is in blocking. Putting him in is essentially telegraphing to the opponent that we're giving him the ball, because he's sure not going to do anything in pass pro.

And frankly, this is okay. It's not a big deal that he's not getting touches as long as he's learning right now. He might be upset that he's not getting playing time, but a motivator like Carroll and the competitive atmosphere on this team should help him channel that frustration into harder work on his flaws.

I can pick up what you and kearly are laying down. I feel ya.

scakfan

Reaction score
Aros":32xhk7up said:
I agree with many here that it could be his lack of skills/knowledge in the blocking/scheme department at the moment but what in the world is the harm to let him come in late in the fourth quarter of a game that is clearly out of hand?

THAT is the question that I have yet to hear an answer for thus far that I would love to hear.

I would suspect because he is rarely on the active roster because he may not be needed for depth and isn't a 1st team special teamer.

Tical21

Reaction score
I am guessing there is something at play here behind the scenes. Either he isn't a practice guy, doesn't have the right attitude, or maybe did something stupid he's been punished for, or SOMETHING along those lines. If not, we would have seen him get a few chances to make some plays by now considering the flashes he's shown. It isn't as simple as pass blocking, because he wouldn't be in on passing downs anyways. I guess itt could just be motivation, telling him he isn't going to play until he practice his ass off and prove he earns some of Turbin's snaps. However, I don't think even the greatest of motivational masterminds drafts a guy this talented with their first pick, sees some great flashes from him, and then just decides they don't want try him to see what he can do. There is a lesson being taught for undisclosed reasons.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I don't see the point of playing him and increasing the value of a player we're looking to keep long term yet won't really need until it's time to re-up his contract

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Aros":3o73yrux said:
I agree with many here that it could be his lack of skills/knowledge in the blocking/scheme department at the moment but what in the world is the harm to let him come in late in the fourth quarter of a game that is clearly out of hand?

THAT is the question that I have yet to hear an answer for thus far that I would love to hear.

You're glossing over the disadvantages of carrying three active RBs on Sundays to begin with. We could probably better afford it now with a more stable O-Line back, but now we have two active FBs in Mike Rob and Coleman contributing, which wasn't the case to start the year.

justafan

Reaction score
If he cant beat out Turbin whether its his reading the Zblocking, his blocking,poor special teams play attitude,knowledge of the O,or reading blitz pickups its all on him.Tate didnt earn playing time because he didnt understand what it took to be a pro.He thought he could get by on talent.He admitted as much.
I think its the same with CM.If and when he he gets it he will get his time.I would bet PC expected him to beat out Turbin.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I sure hope he can beat out Turbin at some point. For as big and burly Turbin is I sure wish he could run through an ankle tackle, dang that is frustrating. Marshawn needs to take him out and show him how to run through low tackles.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete mentioned the other day how valuable Turbin is because he can run, block and catch. Perhaps CM just isn't as good yet at all three facets.

Also, who sits if Michael is active?

CornerHawk

Reaction score
They were interviewing the RB coach early in preseason and he said it would be very difficult for Michael to pass Turbo this season. Basically it is working out like they expected. I didn't take as a knock on Michael just that he has yo earn his time.

Latest posts